PDA

View Full Version : Cool stuff comin', courtesy of MadCatz

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 02:44 AM
I went to the MadCatz site to find someone from Public Relations that I could "connect to" for the faceplate database. In looking around, I came across a LOT of info:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=69024&p=irol-news

Mad Catz to Produce Manchester United Football Club Branded Videogame Controllers and Related Accessories (faceplates mentioned)

05/07/08 Mad Catz to Produce Liverpool Football Club Branded Videogame Controllers and Related Accessories (faceplates mentioned)

04/09/08 Mad Catz to Produce Arsenal Football Club Branded Videogame Controllers and Accessories (faceplates mentioned)

03/06/08 Mad Catz Secures License Agreement to Produce NASCAR Branded Steering Wheels and Related Accessories (faceplates mentioned)

There's also a press release from last year about NHL. Faceplates were not specifically mentioned, only controllers and "other accessories" but what other team branded accessories could there be? Memory cards? Anyway, it sounded like the NHL branded stuff would be available on the team sites, and not through retail stores. Which means it's probably NOT the generic, paper insert-styled plates that are currently available for MLB and NFL. I also hope they don't go that route with the NASCAR plates. I'm not a NASCAR fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I think a Jeff Gordon plate would rock.

MadCatz is also going to be making accessories for Rock Band and Guitar Hero, including realistic instrument cases, partnered with "Coffin Case," and actual instruments incl. guitar, drums and mics. No mention of plates, and I think faceplates are an obvious oversight, as I think they would be much more popular than the guitar plates - especially if you made them with the game's name instead of the band names.

In other news, Microsoft and Xbox LIVE are going to be the sponsors for the new Seattle Sounders soccer team. Jerseys will be out in December 2008 and they ROCK. No word about faceplates, but if they don't make a Seattle Sounders/Xbox LIVE faceplate, I will walk to Seattle and kick the Marketing teams' butts myself.

Enamelized420
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
very good info Spacey... I couldn't agree more that they should do real plates for the NHL Teams and NASCAR anything else would just been kinda cheesey.

also cool that they are trying to produce cases for those that want somewhere to store there GH or RB items or and easy way for transporting....

thanks for sharing....

wicked_d365
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Sounds sweet. Really Spacy, Jeff Gordon, I thought you were cooler than that, j/k. Somebody needs to do some new plates, I think they have been falling off lately.

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Like I said, I'm not a NASCAR fan at all. The Gordon color scheme would just look good on a plate.

Ranzo
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I have a NHL paper style faceplate. It really isn't that bad.