PDA

View Full Version : Don King Prizefighter

CuartoDePuto
06-10-2008, 11:43 AM
This game is coming out today and I'm going to check it out. Boxing games always seem fun to me at first (who doesn't love a good fist fight?) but after playing through a the challenge mode 2 or 3 times, it gets old. After checking out the trailer for this though, the RPG-ish story mode with training mini games seems like it will keep my attention longer.

Anyone else going to try this? :hardcore:

trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIYgVtSixBY)

Variation-XBA
06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Im hoping they do a demo cause I'm not going to buy it outright without trying it

Unreal
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Im hoping they do a demo cause I'm not going to buy it outright without trying it
I would like to try a demo first as well.

Reclaimer
06-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Can I bite somebody's ear off in the game?

Variation-XBA
06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Can I bite somebody's ear off in the game?

No, Tyson is in Fight Night 4

mattgame
06-11-2008, 07:02 AM
It's a rental at best.

Enamelized420
06-11-2008, 08:50 AM
I've seen the trailer and read a few articles in the mags and online but I just can't bring myself to get a Don King game and put $$ into his pocket. I'll just wait for Tyson in FN4

RockTheCasba
06-11-2008, 09:41 AM
i saw a review and they gave it a 5.0 so i will definatly pass on this game

Shorezy
06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah I checked out the reviews as well and it didn't seem like a keeper.

As fun as most boxing games are this title won't be a Fight Night, nor will it even touch Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!

Man I loved that game :hardcore:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/nes/miketysonspunchout/miketysonspunchout_screen002.jpg

CuartoDePuto
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I finally played the game yesterday, and I think it's better than the IGN review suggests. If you look at the career mode, it's actually the best one for the boxing genre imo.

Of course the gameplay between the ropes is the most important part, but I found it under-rated. The controls and responsiveness (which were criticized by some reviews) actually made the game more strategic, so button mashers will have to play a different boxing game if they expect to win. In the games I've played so far the collision mechanics have been fine, though that was a cause of concern. I'll definitely play this for a while longer to work my way up career mode.

CrazyCougar
06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I played this at a buddies house as I wasnt about the make the purchase myself. After playing it I am really glad I did not buy it. For me, the game is completely deserving of the scores it got. The controls are unresponsive at times, the collision detection is absolutely atrocious, and the animations are stiff as a board.

If someone wants a boxing game I would suggest to them to wait for Fight Night Round 4. Yes, haymakers were and issue in the previous games, and hoepfully they address that. But for me I can deal with that so much more than trying to struggle through playing this game.

mattgame
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
The demo was trash so I wouldn't even look at the game in the store.

JC Elite
07-04-2008, 01:55 AM
This is one of those games that you know is going to suck before you even play it. When I first heard this was coming out, I laughed.

I will wait for FN Rnd. 4.