PDA

View Full Version : problems with BC games

Hard Hat
06-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I've tried contacting and talking with MS about this, but they really are clueless. I've got some games like CounterStrike, THPS3, and others that are on the list, but don't work even though I have downloaded the updates to my 360. MS sent me one email saying I should check the list and make sure the games are on the list. Duh. Anyone here have suggestions? I don't know if it matters, but I don't have internet access for my 360, but I install the current updates every month off the OXM discs.

Shawn-XBA
06-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I've tried contacting and talking with MS about this, but they really are clueless. I've got some games like CounterStrike, THPS3, and others that are on the list, but don't work even though I have downloaded the updates to my 360. MS sent me one email saying I should check the list and make sure the games are on the list. Duh. Anyone here have suggestions? I don't know if it matters, but I don't have internet access for my 360, but I install the current updates every month off the OXM discs.
You can always download the updates online and burn them to a disk, or you can order a disk from MS that has the updates on it. Here's a link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm#order

Unreal
06-21-2008, 11:53 AM
You can always download the updates online and burn them to a disk, or you can order a disk from MS that has the updates on it. Here's a link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm#order
I was going to say the same thing but he says he doesn't have internet access. So it looks like 1-800-4-my-xbox is his only choice to get the disc.

Hard Hat
06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
No, I have installed the updates and I do have internet access. I just can't hook up my 360 to the internet. (I have wireless access to the net with my iMac and have tried many ways to get it to work, but I don't want to get into that) I was just wondering if people have had the same trouble and if this had to do with how old/new my 360 is. Other BC games work just fine, but these handful of games, that are supposed to work, won't.

Shawn-XBA
06-21-2008, 01:52 PM
I've never had a problem playing backwards compatible titles, however I have gotten errors when trying to play 360 games, it tells me that I must insert a 360 game disk, lol.

Unreal
06-21-2008, 08:16 PM
No, I have installed the updates and I do have internet access. I just can't hook up my 360 to the internet. (I have wireless access to the net with my iMac and have tried many ways to get it to work, but I don't want to get into that) I was just wondering if people have had the same trouble and if this had to do with how old/new my 360 is. Other BC games work just fine, but these handful of games, that are supposed to work, won't.
My bad. I misunderstood. Well in that case. I haven't had an issue playing regular Xbox games on my 360.