PDA

View Full Version : My Elite has passed away!!!

mattgame
07-03-2008, 06:34 PM
And I am pissed!!! I called those jokers and swore that if I catch a Microsoft employee outside his or her ass is mines!!! Then I got a new vision camera for being patient and a loyal customer. So now what to do while I wait for the damn box!

HaZarD SFD
07-03-2008, 07:35 PM
can I have your camera? That sucks matt.. I keep hearing the Elites are lower temp and less issues.. I guess MS Has another thing coming.

Unreal
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your elite.

WillyV2
07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
That sucks the big one, Matt. Hope it all works out for you and you can get a replacement asap.

Enamelized420
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
damn that sucks matt.. I hope they send the coffin out quick and you get it back ASAP.

Ry
07-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear Travis, hope you get it back soon.

JC Elite
07-04-2008, 01:47 AM
The Elite's are almost just as bad as the regular Xbox 360's actually. The only ones that don't seem to die (yet) are the ones with the new motherboard in them. You can tell on the box label where it tells you the wattage.

Most of the newer 'arcade' models are ok, I hear.

PToTheLahey
07-04-2008, 01:56 AM
That sucks to hear man. I just lost my Xbox the other day but it was not as Elite as yours.

JC Elite
07-04-2008, 02:06 AM
I hate to say this, but I am almost envious of you, since your console went down. I know it sucks for you man, and I won't deny that. But my 360 is having some MAJOR problems reading games, so every time I want to play a game, I have to eject the game in and out the console about 50 times to get it to work. And it won't read Eternal Sonata no matter how many times I try, for some reason. It literally takes me a half-hour to even get a game to work.

Of course, this means the disc drive is dying. Well, if I send it in.....I pay them $100. If it would just die and get the RROD, I would get it fixed for free. And it's annoying because I have already had the RROD twice before. So when I actually WANT it to happen....lol.

Hopefully, you can get your console back soon. If I remember right it takes around 3 weeks or so.

Shorezy
07-04-2008, 10:13 AM
That sucks the big one dude. Let us know what you end up doing, but such a down to hear that an elite bit the dust too. I was thinking of getting an elite too! Maybe a new motherboard is what I should be looking for.

Variation-XBA
07-04-2008, 01:01 PM
swore that if I catch a Microsoft employee outside his or her ass is mines!!!

Dude....other than me right? :eek::(

JC Elite
07-04-2008, 04:05 PM
That sucks the big one dude. Let us know what you end up doing, but such a down to hear that an elite bit the dust too. I was thinking of getting an elite too! Maybe a new motherboard is what I should be looking for.

I would certainly not buy an Xbox 360 without the new motherboard, if I were you. I don't know if this has been talked about in another thread, but if you look at your original box the 360 came in, there is a white label on it telling you the wattage. For instance, on my box from an '05 360, it says 200 watts or whatever. The ones with the new motherboard will have less wattage than the older ones. That's one way I have heard you can tell the difference between which Xbox's are which at the store. The newest batches of 360's (the arcade version) seems to have the new motherboard in it. And it seems that would be a good version for people wanting to replace their premium unit but you can keep your hardrive and don't have to worry about it going RROD.

It's somewhat important because I have heard retail stores, such as Best Buy, hope you grab the first console that they have placed in front, similar to a grocery store putting food out front of the newer stuff. I even have heard of people demanding that an associate goes into the backroom/warehouse and find one of the newer models or they won't purchase one. Anyways, I hope this helps as I will be picking up an arcade unit as soon as the price-drop comes through and I won't get another 360 that is going to get the RROD. Sick of sending out my console.

laughs
07-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Mattgame... :(

I'm still rocking my launcher... *Knocks on crotch*

mattgame
07-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Dude....other than me right? :eek::(

Okay everyone else but you then. :cheers:

slugbug
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm on my 4th XBOX 360 and am getting pretty fed up with the 2yr old refurbs they keep sending me. Turnaround times for the last two were exactly one week. They gave me a free wireless controller with the last replacement. I told them to keep it and send me a brand new console. Of course they said they could not.

mattgame
07-06-2008, 04:02 PM
They said they would overnight my box. I haven't gotten it yet. How do I check if they did it or not?

Ninja Scroll
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
They said they would overnight my box. I haven't gotten it yet. How do I check if they did it or not?

Wait, didnt you just beat NG2? How many 360's do you have, or did it die right after you beat it?

I'm on my 2nd 360. My 1st joint was the original launch (Dec 23rd 2005 when I got mines) 20GB verison. Got the RROD on that sucka.
Then I copped a new one at Walmart, swapped it with my broke ass 360 (all this before MS announced the extended warranty) and sold the new one to one of my boys. Then put that money towards the Elite that was coming out within a month and a half of mines dying.

I had the rings on mines a few days ago and almost panic'd! Which means it might be just around the corner for mines, but GOD I hope not.

And yeah, the Elite has the same exact inards as the regular 360's until the new version of the 360 comes out which has been delayed forever.

Sorry to hear about your system nephew.

wicked_d365
07-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear that, how long have you had it? Hope mine doesn't go, it's only 5 months old.

JC Elite
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
You never know man. When I first bought the 360, I had to send it in after only 6 weeks! I can't remember how long I had the 2nd one for. I am on my 3rd and now it has a faulty disk drive. I am actually, kind of, hoping for RROD and I am eagerly awaiting the price-drop that is coming.

Ninja Scroll
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
You never know man. When I first bought the 360, I had to send it in after only 6 weeks! I can't remember how long I had the 2nd one for. I am on my 3rd and now it has a faulty disk drive. I am actually, kind of, hoping for RROD and I am eagerly awaiting the price-drop that is coming.

You only have a couple days to wait dude. Sunday July 13th 2008 it's offical.

That 360 Blu Ray internally later this year is lookin more, and more likely.

I only have Blu Ray on my Sony Vaio laptop. I need a set top box for the HDTV, but dem prices are still unexceptable.

LeThAl REMiX
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Ouch... I would get really really pissed if my Xbox died. Hope ya get it back soon

JC Elite
07-09-2008, 06:39 AM
I have the HD player for the 360 and I know the format is now 'dead', but I love it since I am getting HD movies for like $10 now. Last week, I just got the movie '300' (GREAT flick) for $8!!

wicked_d365
07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
The 360 Blu Ray will only be external, they are not putting them in systems.

Variation-XBA
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM

Won't happen. If anything, it'll be external. they arn't going to make people rebuy the system just for BR.

JC Elite
07-10-2008, 06:31 AM
If they came out with an external Blu-Ray drive, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Ninja Scroll
07-10-2008, 06:52 PM
If they came out with an external Blu-Ray drive, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

ME TOO HOMIE! :cool: I can't watch Blu Ray movies on my laptop with a shawty! That would be like how I watch VHS tapes of Sesame Street with my seed Variation on his 16'inch magnavox tube tv. If it's more than $199.99 they can keep it though. naw mean!

Variation-XBA
07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
That would be like how I watch VHS tapes of Sesame Street with my seed Variation on his 16'inch magnavox tube tv.

I honestly don't know how to reply to that :rofl:

mattgame
07-11-2008, 08:09 PM
And it's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my new elite today. I love you Bill.

Ninja Scroll
07-11-2008, 08:39 PM
And it's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my new elite today. I love you Bill.

Damn, that was quick! :eek: How long was the wait? Now since you need some practice to get back into videogame playing mode, why not use my b@stard son Varation as a punching bag? I hear he's a bum in games and a good sucker to spar on! :hardcore: naw mean!

mattgame
07-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Damn, that was quick! :eek: How long was the wait? Now since you need some practice to get back into videogame playing mode, why not use my b@stard son Varation as a punching bag? I hear he's a bum in games and a good sucker to spar on! :hardcore: naw mean!

Sure I'll do him. Should I wear a condom?

Variation-XBA
07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Wait....what the hell is going on... O.o