PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Questions Pro to elite

Rochey69r
07-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey all, i have a v1 xbox 360 pro with the 20gb hdd and had it die on me about a year ago. i sent it away, it came back working fine. now i have been considering buying an Elite pack for several reasons.

-120gb hdd as my orig 20gb is nearly full
-HDMI
-its black, goes with my brand new 40" samsung hd lcd
-heard rumors they have a newer motherboard and run quieter.
-price, can pick one up for about $644 AUD and sell my old. for around $300

Now its all good i have the cash however, i want to transfer my old 20gb data to my new 120gb but ive heard you need a data transfer cable which DOES NOT come with the elite pack. The only way to get my hands on this cable as far as i know is to buy a seperate 120gb HDD ($200) as they come with one. Is there no other way to get this cable? ive looked at a few shops and dont see this thing on its own.

can you guys help me out please?

has anyone else been in this situation?

Ry
07-11-2008, 11:49 PM
You can get it from Microsoft for FREE. Let me link you in a minute.

EDIT:
Click Here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm)

Read that, and go to the bottom and click the 'How to get yours FREE' link.

Rochey69r
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
You can get it from Microsoft for FREE. Let me link you in a minute.

EDIT:
Click Here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm)

Read that, and go to the bottom and click the 'How to get yours FREE' link.

cheers for the link mate.

**** im worried now, it says that you can only do it once and to use any downloaded content you must be online to prove your identity. im online 90% of the time but it would be a pain in the ass if i had to login to xbox live just to play my halo maps i downloaded.

Can anyone confirm what you must be online to access? is it just movies or XBL arcade games and downloaded content?

i think this sounds like a lot of stuffing around.

also can anyone confirm the Elite runs quieter? games run slightly smoother?

cheers

wicked_d365
07-12-2008, 10:41 AM
cheers for the link mate.

**** im worried now, it says that you can only do it once and to use any downloaded content you must be online to prove your identity. im online 90% of the time but it would be a pain in the ass if i had to login to xbox live just to play my halo maps i downloaded.

Can anyone confirm what you must be online to access? is it just movies or XBL arcade games and downloaded content?

i think this sounds like a lot of stuffing around.

also can anyone confirm the Elite runs quieter? games run slightly smoother?

cheers
They mean online while you do the transfer.

Ry
07-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Yea, I had to do the same thing, I just bought a new xbox, I did the tool then I just had to turn on my xbox and re-download everything that takes like, 2-5 secs. for halo maps, and you should be good

JC Elite
07-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't have an Elite, but I have heard from lots of people that it runs a bit quieter. Of course, every Pro console is different too, so I guess ya never know. As far as the motherboard goes, I have also heard of many people getting the RROD with the Elite just like people with the Pro console. I know the Arcade version has been getting new motherboards, but not sure if the newer batches of Elites are getting the same.

Like I said in another thread, when you go get the Elite......look on the box at the white sticker for the wattage. If it says 200w or whatever, then it's the older motherboard. The new ones are lower.

This is ridiculous that we even have to worry about this kind of crap, actually. I remember my consoles as a kid never broke down for anything.

wicked_d365
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
This is ridiculous that we even have to worry about this kind of crap, actually. I remember my consoles as a kid never broke down for anything.

for real, my super. and 64 still work