PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed SUCKS!!

Ninja Scroll
07-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Now I know this game has been out for a long time, but I just copped the Collectors Edition not too long ago with no intentions on getting it. And knowing you cannot finds the CE of this game in-stores I saw it at a BestBuy and jumped on it. Im just a sucker for CE's even though dem over priced shiits arent worth the extra cheese.

But check this out, I pride myself on beating all my games, however I do have my limits on how much I can take, and this game got extremely boring real quick.
It's the same shiit over, and over, and over! you murk one dude, he then talks you do death for 10 minutes after you stab his ass up, and every dude afterwards to have to assassinate does the same garbage.
I ended up killing 3 of the 9 and just couldnt take it anymore. As much as I wanted to, I have to retire this game last night.

I'm done. Anyone else feel this way, or am I just being hard on this game?

I mean, the visuals and voice acting are phenomenal, but the story and sorry ass gameplay are horrible!

SCREW U CREED, SCREW U!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Unreal
07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
I feel differently. I will agree that playing the same missions over and over again, can get on your last nerve. I got to the 4th one before I said what the hell, they are all the same. But I also feel that the positives far out weigh the negatives for the game. The platforming (roof jumping, climbing, swinging etc), sound effects, graphics, voice acting are all top notch. When they do Assassin's Creed 2. I hope that they add some diversity to the talk to this guy, kill this guy, get more info, then kill your target formula.

Ninja Scroll
07-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I feel differently. I will agree that playing the same missions over and over again, can get on your last nerve. I got to the 4th one before I said what the hell, they are all the same. But I also feel that the positives far out weigh the negatives for the game. The platforming (roof jumping, climbing, swinging etc), sound effects, graphics, voice acting are all top notch. When they do Assassin's Creed 2. I hope that they add some diversity to the talk to this guy, kill this guy, get more info, then kill your target formula.

Dude, you just pulled a John Kerry and flip flopped! :D After your first sentence you basically said the same exact things I said in my impressions/thoughts on this game! LMAO!;)

mattgame
07-16-2008, 09:03 PM
I loved it. I loved the gameplay and that just never got old for me. Especially swan diving off of a viewpoint! I loved it! The story was pretty interesting and I am looking forward to the next one. Oh yeah, and the combat was delicious. I loved being surrounded by jokers and gettin my sword on! I used to just cut a fool and wait for some poor soul to come and feel my cold, cold, blade.

laughs
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I loved it as well.

Unreal
07-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Dude, you just pulled a John Kerry and flip flopped! :D After your first sentence you basically said the same exact things I said in my impressions/thoughts on this game! LMAO!;)
The difference is. I am not holding the repetitive missions against the game and coming to a games forums to tell everyone how I hate said game. I love it still and said the positives far out weigh the negatives. :p I also put in that for AC2 that they change said problem.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
07-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Now I know this game has been out for a long time, but I just copped the Collectors Edition not too long ago with no intentions on getting it. And knowing you cannot finds the CE of this game in-stores I saw it at a BestBuy and jumped on it. Im just a sucker for CE's even though dem over priced shiits arent worth the extra cheese.

But check this out, I pride myself on beating all my games, however I do have my limits on how much I can take, and this game got extremely boring real quick.
It's the same shiit over, and over, and over! you murk one dude, he then talks you do death for 10 minutes after you stab his ass up, and every dude afterwards to have to assassinate does the same garbage.
I ended up killing 3 of the 9 and just couldnt take it anymore. As much as I wanted to, I have to retire this game last night.

I mean, the visuals and voice acting are phenomenal, but the story and sorry ass gameplay are horrible!

LMAO dude, it is repetitive but i thought he game was good not the best it could of been after the 100000000 of advertisement, i think thats what sunk it we all expected a lot more, but the game had is great points the story pissed me off, but it was worth to beat just for the escapes and all the extra stuff the character was able to do,that and the graphics kept me going. but i hope the next one will be better.and there will be a next time if you beat the game and saw the weird **** on the wall with eagle vision.

wicked_d365
07-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I love this game. I need to buy it. Hey Ninja, if you don't want your collector edition anymore, I'll buy it from you. PM me.
I almost had it finished, before my roommate deleted my profile.

This game is sweet, the graphics were amazing, the story was good, a little weird, but I enjoyed it very much.

Max33
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
The game was a superb techinial achievement, the cities were incredibly beautiful and articulate and the amount of character interaction with the environment was great something I always wanted to see more of in a game.

But the sad truth is that a bunch of Ubisoft guys sat around smoking a joint and during a ten minute pause in philosiphical debate,one of em said what if Splinter cell and Prince of Persia had a baby?

The gameplay was suck-ass and I traded it in after I beat it which I only did on gp.

Goes to show what happens when gameplay and story come last.

Reclaimer
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM
ZeroPunctuation review of Assassin's Creed (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/16-Assassins-Creed)

NSFW for language.

Omen28
07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I thought it was pretty sick. It did get old after a while though.

laughs
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I Loved It As Well.

ChroniC<420
07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
It was ok, but the ass-creed days are over

Nurb
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't think I'd like it, but I did. I'm a sucker for medieval swordplay, so that helped, and it took a while to get the hang of the moves during a battle, but by the end, there was no number of enemies I couldn't handle, it was awsome! The story would have been average if not for the modern day side of it, gave it more depth. I actually enjoyed it.. though not being able to skip cinematic scenes when replaying memory is REEEEEEALLY annoying

Variation-XBA
07-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Everyone keep in mind that Ninja LOVES the Bee Movie game and thinks it's GOTY!

I really enjoyed it, though I still need to finish it (Assassin's)

Ninja Scroll
07-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I love this game. I need to buy it. Hey Ninja, if you don't want your collector edition anymore, I'll buy it from you. PM me.
I almost had it finished, before my roommate deleted my profile.

This game is sweet, the graphics were amazing, the story was good, a little weird, but I enjoyed it very much.

Sure, for $199.99, plus S&H $8.99, & MD State Tax 6.00% !! :D

J/K dude, I cant see myself selling the game. I even keep most of my shiitty games. My OCD is so gangsta the lunch box tin-can it comes in still has the plastic on it. I just cut open the bottom of it and slide the game out. You would never know it was open. Like all my other games. Pretty crazy eh?

Nice feedback everyone. Even though I dont agree with most of you and my opinion outweighs everyone it's all good! :cool:

Also, everyone remember that my b@stard seed Variation loves playing all his games on super sissy homo-sexical mode like Ninja Gaiden2 which he is still stuck on Chapter3 on the easiest level! :rofl:

mattgame
07-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Sure, for $199.99, plus S&H $8.99, & MD State Tax 6.00% !! :D

J/K dude, I cant see myself selling the game. I even keep most of my shiitty games. My ODC is so gangsta the lunch box tin-can it comes in still has the plastic on it. I just cut open the bottom of it and slide the game out. You would never know it was open. Like all my other games. Pretty crazy eh?

Nice feedback everyone. Even though I dont agree with most of you and my opinion outweighs everyone it's all good! :cool:

Also, everyone remember that my b@stard seed Variation loves playing all his games on super sissy homo-sexical mode like Ninja Gaiden2 which he is still stuck on Chapter3 on the easiest level! :rofl:

Yeah but he gives good neck.:p

Variation-XBA
07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Hey hey hey....don't turn this around on me, we're supposed to be ganging up on Ninja here Matt.

Ninja Scroll
07-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey hey hey....don't turn this around on me, we're supposed to be ganging up on Ninja here Matt.

Naw, we ganging up on you cause your used to being gang banged! :rofl:

Back on topic, this game is too repetitive, tired action, annoying gameplay, and boring, which equals a dull lame game. Ass-Ass-is Creed SUX!! :D

laughs
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
It's at my local Walmart for like 29 bucks or something. Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Ninja Scroll
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
It's at my local Walmart for like 29 bucks or something. Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

It was just announced at E3 that AssCreed was going to be a Platinum Hit$29.99 everywhere, ... no wait, that was for the Greatest Hits ps3 version. :watchout:
You can still get it for the 360 everywhere for $29.99, including ebgames.com

http://www.ebgames.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=assassins%20creed

But if you want the Collectors Edition you can find some good deals for it on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/creed-edition_W0QQdfspZ32QQfromZR40QQssPageNameZRC0024QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em120

So to the dude who wanted to buy my CE, you have a good shot at one of these deals on the CE if you trust ebay, ... which I dont, but alot of people I know do, and never had any issues buying items from the site.

laughs
07-19-2008, 06:11 PM
It was just announced at E3 that AssCreed was going to be a Platinum Hit$29.99 everywhere, ... no wait, that was for the Greatest Hits ps3 version. :watchout:
You can still get it for the 360 everywhere for $29.99, including ebgames.com

http://www.ebgames.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=assassins%20creed

But if you want the Collectors Edition you can find some good deals for it on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/creed-edition_W0QQdfspZ32QQfromZR40QQssPageNameZRC0024QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em120

So to the dude who wanted to buy my CE, you have a good shot at one of these deals on the CE if you trust ebay, ... which I dont, but alot of people I know do, and never had any issues buying items from the site.

Did I just screw up a possible business transaction? If so let me know and I'll edit everything out :cheers:

Ninja Scroll
07-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Did I just screw up a possible business transaction? If so let me know and I'll edit everything out :cheers:

LOL, I already told slim I wasnt interested in trading this my CE of AssCreed! Or maybe you took my sarcasm literally that I was really going to sell it to him a few post ago? :D

I can tell you one thing, as much of a sucker I am for Collectors Editions, I will not be a fool and cop da Soul Calibur 4 CE for $79.99! That price is an insult with it's overprice tag, and weak extras. I mean, who is really going to wear a SC shirt is public with any personal style? :rolleyes:

I will foe sho cop Gears Of War2 collectors edition for sure. I can deal some games at $69.99, but 80 beans is going too far. Unless you go all out like (sad to say) EA and load up a shiit load of quality extras like they did in Madden09 w/ 3 total games, and then some.

plutoisaplanet
07-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I loved the story, but I'll agree that the gameplay got really boring really fast.

azinkidrules
07-27-2008, 08:09 PM
to be honest.. i do agree with ninja.. the game play was real repetitive..
that much is true.. but it is the plot and the story of the game that captured me... along with the visuals and fighting/cut scene..
i also think its a good thing that the very long and boring cut scenes couldn't be skipped thru simply because it made you pay attention and try to dicpher the story..
and the game is fairly fresh to me cuz i just beat it earlier today after a week of ass-creed and army of two going back and forth..

Variation-XBA
07-28-2008, 01:36 AM
I picked this up again just because of this thread and am determined to finish it finally. Only a few more bosses to go!

l Maximus l
07-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Honestly, I didn't even bother with this game when I learned about what the actual game was...I can't stand games like that.

Anothersociety
07-29-2008, 12:19 PM

Definatly agree with you on this dude the game really did suck. Visually amazing, Gameplay was a joke.

thrAsher
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
While I can't see myself ever finishing this game, I do hope they put a LOT more work into spicing up the gameplay in 2. It was a great time for the first half of the game, but once I realized I would essentially be doing the same thing over and over for the second half, I just stopped. I put the game in once or twice afterward, but could only take about ten minutes before it got shelved. Too bad, really, one of the more beautiful games out.

mattgame
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
I guess the variety of opinions here show why there were such a mix of positive and negative reviews for this game. I loved it. Sure it was repetitive but I felt as though the good outweighed the bad. The visuals, the combat, and the story was outstanding for me.

Variation-XBA
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
FINALLY finished this today, what a weight off my shoulders.

Glad to have it done, and got lots of achievements, but wow, dissapointed with the ending :(

Ninja Scroll
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Definatly agree with you on this dude the game really did suck. Visually amazing, Gameplay was a joke.

That's pimpin that your 1st ever post at XBA is co-signing the official XBA Role Model Ninja Scroll! :cheers:

Damn son, you got a gangsta ass gamerscore! :eek: You are beyond an achievement whore like me,.. I would call you either a gamerscore slut or prostitue! :hump:

I guess the variety of opinions here show why there were such a mix of positive and negative reviews for this game. I loved it. Sure it was repetitive but I felt as though the good outweighed the bad. The visuals, the combat, and the story was outstanding for me.

Seem like this game Ass-Creed is either a love or hate title. No one is really in between. Kinda like the NY Yankees & Dallas Cowboys.
Which btw, I hate both of those franchises! :D

FINALLY finished this today, what a weight off my shoulders.

Glad to have it done, and got lots of achievements, but wow, dissapointed with the ending

Official Xbox Magazine said it was one, if not the worst endings of all-time in the awards issue for 2007! And you wonder why I can't stand this game. I will never pick it up again.:sleeping:

Variation-XBA
07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Official Xbox Magazine said it was one, if not the worst endings of all-time in the awards issue for 2007! And you wonder why I can't stand this game. I will never pick it up again.:sleeping:

Yea, but I form my own opinions and don't go by bias reviewers.

wasabi_
08-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Finally someone with some sense about Assassin's Creed. It seems like I am the only one who actually thinks the game was atrocious and a huge letdown. All these websites give it reviews in the 8 range, and I just dont see how thats possible.

I mean, i went into the game with excitement, I really like the Crusades era and there havent been many games set in that time period. I thought it was going to be GTA:Crusades mixed with some Hitman: Blood Gold. When i first started it up and played the first couple missions, I loved it, great art direction, cool free running.

Then a little while after, I realized this game was the same thing over and over again, I tried to go through with it, but I just couldnt, I just couldnt bring myself to complete the game, it was just too boring. As much as I wanted to try to like it, I couldnt. So I got a total of an hour of gameplay out of a $60 game, good thing I got it for free.

I mean really, I got more enjoyment out of Rockstar Table Tennis and the Outfit, I just dont see how this game received as high regards as it did. I personally would of rated it a 6/10, mostly for the graphics, art style, and uniqueness while it lasted.

I am actually pretty disappointed it sold this well too, since it means they are going to immediately come out with a sequel with the exact same gameplay, if it didnt sell too well, I bet they would come out with a sequel with fresh ideas if at all.