PDA

View Full Version : I need help with begining me collection.

xKonvicTx
07-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey xKonvicTx here. I want to get into this collection that everyone is raving about. I am owner of two faceplates so far. 5 soon if my fried decides to sell me some of his Ace Combat 6 faceplates. Anyway I just want to know if these Ace Combat Faceplates are worth the money. He wants 20$ for 3 of them. Does anyone know if these are rare?

JakofallAces
07-21-2008, 11:03 PM
around 40-50 for all six so i guess 20 for three is pretty good, matters which ones though, welcome i am jak, rory, jako, or the guy most likely to go insane and be banned from he, accept my welcome means that i own your soul...how do you plead??:trippin:

UNV Superkid
07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey xKonvicTx here. I want to get into this collection that everyone is raving about. I am owner of two faceplates so far. 5 soon if my fried decides to sell me some of his Ace Combat 6 faceplates. Anyway I just want to know if these Ace Combat Faceplates are worth the money. He wants 20$ for 3 of them. Does anyone know if these are rare?

Thats not a bad deal but there is a guy on ebay selling the set of 5 for 39.99 however if you offer him 25 for all of them he will probly take it, thats how i got mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACE-COMBAT-6-ULTIMATE-FACEPLATE-COLLECTION-ALL-5_W0QQitemZ260265517171QQihZ016QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck with starting our collection!!

plutoisaplanet
07-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't understand the faceplate collecting. I just hope everyone that does it can actually make some money off of them when they get sick of them. Or who knows, maybe the nextBox will support them.

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't understand the faceplate collecting. I just hope everyone that does it can actually make some money off of them when they get sick of them. Or who knows, maybe the nextBox will support them.

NextBox will absolutely NOT support these faceplates. It's a question whether it will use some kind of faceplate at all, but I think it will.

People collect lots of stuff, and you generally don't understand why people would collect something that's not of interest to you. There are people who collect Avon aftershave bottles, sculpted teddy bears that aren't even plush, windchimes, plates, shoes they'll never wear, DVDs they'll never watch, toys they'll never play with...

You can have a number of things yet not be a collector. I have a half-dozen bobbleheads over my computer desk, but I don't collect them. I happened into these and now have a number of them. To "collect" them, I would have to be looking for them, and actually putting out effort to build a collection.

For me, faceplates are just like 12 in. x. 3 in. game-related posters. Plus, unlike a poster, I can make plates myself if a plate I want doesn't exist. I made a plate for the cancelled Xbox game, "The Unseen." That plate would never exist if I didn't make it myself.

So what DO you collect then?

KatamariKutie
07-22-2008, 06:32 PM
I collect ISSUES.

hellonearth159
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I collect women with issues

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Word.

gameking28
07-23-2008, 05:47 AM

:rofl: Well now we know where the "hellonearth" in "hellonearth159" comes from!

KatamariKutie
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Sorry... I'm taken :) (haha)

But y'know - it never hurts to have a spare on another coast.... lets talk! :D

falldowndrunk
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Man,post like these are why I miss getting on this forum!

Side note,totally unrelated to the topic of this thread,but I am hella busy running tournaments in my area,and haven't had time to pop up as often as I'd like.Sorry!