PDA

View Full Version : WALL-E Console and Faceplate contest winners

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 12:44 AM
1) WALL-E custom faceplate and signed console, WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and the other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter provided by MadCatz. Signed WALL-E console and custom faceplate made possible by a joint effort of XBA members gh0st_r1der, mypainteffects and SpaceGhost2K. (WINNER: BattleCruiser)

2) WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: Kalwadi) (First winner drawn never responded, Kalwadi is a second-chance winner.)

3) WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter donated by MadCatz. (WINNER: THSkillet)

4) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: Fargoth)

5) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: bulldawgwv) (First winner drawn never responded, bulldawgwv is a second-chance winner.)

6) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: LivinItUp)

7) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: Darth BW )

8) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: Imhotepp)

9) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: calltehshots)

10) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: astranoir)

11) E305 plate, new and unopened (number range between #162 and #176 out of 5000 so they're super low numbers). Provided by Xbox USA. (WINNER: Klutch86)

12) E305 plate, new and unopened. Provided by Xbox USA. (WINNER: laughs)

13) E305 plate, new and unopened. Provided by Xbox USA. (WINNER: pwhite98270 )

14) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: y2kash_14)

15) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: goldeneyez9)

16) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: araczynski)

17) Canadian Launch Plate with printed signatures, (#15 out of only 42 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: Bidchka)

Symmetric-XBA
07-22-2008, 12:50 AM
congrats to the winners, including battlecruiser who hasn't even logged onto the website since 11-11-07

KatamariKutie
07-22-2008, 01:04 AM
congrats to the winners, including battlecruiser who hasn't even logged onto the website since 11-11-07
Awww c'mon Symmetric..... Lets be happy for everyone :)

The contest was open to anyone who was a registered user and that includes those who don't post alot as well as the people who have never heard of XBA and only registered so they could enter. BattleCruiser must come around as a guest or he wouldn't have known to enter the contest. Of course if he wants to maybe give me that nice Wall-E console or something... PM ME BattleCruiser!!! :D:whistle:

Symmetric-XBA
07-22-2008, 01:20 AM
that raises a good point. didn't you have to sign up to be in the contest? then if his last login was 8 months ago how could he have entered?? i'm just cornfused.

KatamariKutie
07-22-2008, 01:22 AM
that raises a good point. didn't you have to sign up to be in the contest? then if his last login was 8 months ago how could he have entered?? i'm just cornfused.
I don't think you had to be logged in to enter the contest because even though I WAS logged in, I still had to type out my user name and email address and all that. I think it was just a technical aspect of how they tracked the entries or something lol Spacey or Kam will have to answer that one.

Variation-XBA
07-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Sweet, Laughs won something!

Symmetric-XBA
07-22-2008, 02:15 AM
:huh::confused:

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 02:52 AM
I have my account set so that I'm logged in anytime I come into the site. However, if I clear my cookies, it doesn't matter how my login is set up - I still have to log back in. You can also lurk and browse all you want to without being logged in, so someone could have been in here eight times a day for a year and that date wouldn't change.

All members who set up their account to receive periodic emails from admins were sent an email by Kam telling them about the contest. I heard this was going to happen. I don't know for a fact that it did. Regardless, we made a lot of noise at other sites, and while out entry total wasn't in the thousands like I'd hoped, it WAS in the hundreds.

Kam wanted to set it up so that someone had to at LEAST make one post after registering to validate their entry. The good part of that would have been that it would have mandated a visit to the forums and hopefully, people would like it and stay. My argument against it was that one, I didn't want to place a restriction on entering the contest, and two, I didn't want three thousand posts of spam from people just trying to meet the entry requirements and who didn't really have anything valuable to say.

There's about $4,000-$5,000 in prizes there (a $1,000 console, $600 worth of WALL-E games, $2,400-$3,200 worth of Canadian Launch plates, plus HDMI adapters, NHL plates and E305 plates plus the WALL-E swag), which is ludicrous for an independant site, and still I wish we could have given more.

But we're far from done. We already have our hands on some Naruto and Call of Duty 4 plates that we'll be giving away. I've got more E305 plates here, and a promise of plates from Civilization Revolution. Not to mention that my whole reason for going to E3 was to make connections with the labels to get faceplates to give away, and to find people for signing custom faceplates. MadCatz, UbiSoft, THQ, EA, 2K Games and more will be supporting our site in exchange for us telling the world about their games.

So, congrats to the winners. I'll be sending out emails tomorrow to verify shipping addresses - BUT - and this is a big "BUT" - some of these prizes are in my posession, some are in Kam's posession and some are going to be sent direct from the publishers. That's why there's that little "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery." We're paying for shipping these things to you out of our own pockets, plus Kam just had a little one and I have to go to SoCal at the end of the week. We're just real people here, so a little patience is appreciated. Thanks :)

Symmetric-XBA
07-22-2008, 03:17 AM
that clears up some..... i guess... never got the email but ok.

Enamelized420
07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
congrats to all of the winners...

wicked_d365
07-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats everyone who one.

UNV Superkid
07-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Congrats to all winners

JakofallAces
07-22-2008, 09:39 AM
**** THIS:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Fargoth
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
**** THIS:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Aww you'll win one eventually. This is what I think my... 5th contest?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO
I WON SOMETHING!!!!!!!

gh0st_r1der
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Congratulations to the winners :)

slugbug
07-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Congrats to all the winners. I recognize the last place winner from another forum I'm on.

laughs
07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
YAY! Thanks guys :cheers:

BunnyRabbit
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
YAY! Thanks guys :cheers:

Congratulations everyone! Especially those two people whose names are familiar.. lol.. ;)

cin84_12
07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats to the winners. :cry:

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
And thanks again to gh0st_r1der for the awesome first prize. :)

wicked_d365
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
If someone doesn't claim, what then?

Conchord
07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
There was a ****ing contest? Goddamn it.

JarkMan
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
There was a ****ing contest? Goddamn it.

lol dont worry there will be another but it probably wont be as great as this one i just wish i would have won something oo that also brings up a question if one of the winners doesnt give u an adress or doesnt contact u back does the prize go to someone else or what?

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 05:53 PM
lol dont worry there will be another but it probably wont be as great as this one i just wish i would have won something oo that also brings up a question if one of the winners doesnt give u an adress or doesnt contact u back does the prize go to someone else or what?

The contest "winner picker" gave me the number (which corresponds to the prize), name and address, email address, and the date entered. We had a few entries made after the cutoff of 11:59:59 PM PDT July 20, 2008. Those were removed from the pool before winners were drawn.

I will be sending emails to everyone today, with a note that they have a week to respond or the prize will be redrawn. That doesn't mean that I'm going to do a redraw in exactly seven days. I'll play it by ear. Every prize will get a home, though, and it WILL be fair. I had two witnesses here who saw me run the "winner picker" and saw that it was fair.

y2kash_14
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
yay! I had a good feeling about this contest. This is gonna be the third thing I've won from XBA! What an awesome site. Thanks to everyone involved.

BattleCruiser
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys for the great contest. ;)

I may not log in often but I do visit often. My day job which usually turns into night and early AM sometimes restricts my free time.

I think all of the members would like to thank SpaceGhost2K, gh0st_r1der, mypainteffects, and Kamshaft for this contest and all the other work they do for xboxaddict and this community. Also we should be grateful for the sponsors like THQ, Madcatz, Xbox USA and Canada for their contribution of prizes for the contest. I do know that they get many requests of donations for contests and community events.

Once again thanks everybody.

SpaceGhost2K
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
You're quite welcome, and congratulations. :)

araczynski
07-22-2008, 11:15 PM
THANK YOU! first time i've won anything neat on the internet :)
in the 13 years i've been surfing :(

Fargoth
07-23-2008, 12:10 AM
THANK YOU! first time i've won anything neat on the internet :)
in the 13 years i've been surfing :(

If you want to show us how grateful you are stay at the forum.

araczynski
07-23-2008, 12:17 AM
If you want to show us how grateful you are stay at the forum.

i may just have to do that :)

LivinItUp
07-23-2008, 07:57 AM
I actually won something in this lifetime? I'm shocked! :surprised

I'm new to this site, so I hope me winning something is cool with the veterans. What's the expression regarding first impressions? ;)

Thanks for running this contest!

Steeps5
07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
congratulations to everyone that won this contest, i actually only recognized 2 of the names on the list, fargoth and laughs

Variation-XBA
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM

I'm new to this site, so I hope me winning something is cool with the veterans. What's the expression regarding first impressions? ;)

Long as I don't see it on ebay, we're cool :cheers:

BunnyRabbit
07-24-2008, 04:24 AM
congratulations to everyone that won this contest, i actually only recognized 2 of the names on the list, fargoth and laughs

thats what I was thinkin.. and who the heckz r yous? lol

JakofallAces
07-24-2008, 11:53 AM

Thanks for running this contest!

maybe if you post again i might not stalk/hunt you

LivinItUp
07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
maybe if you post again i might not stalk/hunt you

Oh, great...now I have to worry about another stalker. When will it end? :yikes:

KatamariKutie
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, great...now I have to worry about another stalker. When will it end? :yikes:
Don't worry he has ADD too bad to focus on stalking you for too long LOL

JakofallAces
07-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Don't worry he has ADD too bad to focus on stalking you for too long LOL
but i can sure as hell try