PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY my account got stolen for the SECOND time

JakofallAces
07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
this morning around 11 am. all of my friends were deleted and i got some really weird messages. Luckily i was able to get it back thru MS passport.com thing but i am still pissed. I hate how you can recover accounts WTF IS THE POINT! MS would make more money if they had just forced you to buy memory card or bring your HDD over to a friends house to recover it. the real purpose for it is for accounts to be stolen it seems. i am pretty sure it was stolen because of my gamerscore and my semi high halo 3 rank and skill since thats all i have been playing lately. anyways i hate MS and the person who did it right now. any thoughts on how the recovery system works and about stolen accounts?

Steeps5
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
well i have actually used the recovery system when i go to a friends house, many times when i have soccer practice, i get my friend to take me to his house after school because i cant drive yet, and i am able to play halo with my name and get my stats and stuff up instead of playing as a guest. i actually really like the feature.

JakofallAces
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
well i have actually used the recovery system when i go to a friends house, many times when i have soccer practice, i get my friend to take me to his house after school because i cant drive yet, and i am able to play halo with my name and get my stats and stuff up instead of playing as a guest. i actually really like the feature.

ya well it takes me an hour to recover mine and you skip that entire process with the memory card that i have conveniently from..

Steeps5
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
ya well it takes me an hour to recover mine and you skip that entire process with the memory card that i have conveniently from..

oh wow, its never taken me more than 5 minutes

Variation-XBA
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
It's never taken more than a few more minutes to do a recovery for me either.

Funny how you blame MS for you getting your account stolen though

JakofallAces
07-23-2008, 11:39 PM
It's never taken more than a few more minutes to do a recovery for me either.

Funny how you blame MS for you getting your account stolen though

its funny how bs that is...i dont blame them i blame the person responsible but its because of an MS creation that i lost it, that anyone loses their accounts. All i am saying is that recovering accounts has little purpose outside of going over to a friends house. You dont get any saves when u use it and it is more widely used for trading accounts, hacking accounts, stealing accounts, and selling accounts rather than its intended means.

Ry
07-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Ohhh thats why you re-added me.
I should have declined.

Variation-XBA
07-24-2008, 10:01 PM
All i am saying is that recovering accounts has little purpose outside of going over to a friends house. You dont get any saves when u use it and it is more widely used for trading accounts, hacking accounts, stealing accounts, and selling accounts rather than its intended means.

So you expect all your saves/DLC etc to be saved server side on the fly? If it's been such an issue to recover all the time, you coulda just got a memory card.

Ainokeatoo
07-25-2008, 12:20 AM
So you expect all your saves/DLC etc to be saved server side on the fly? If it's been such an issue to recover all the time, you coulda just got a memory card.

I know, a 64 MB Mem card could basically save all your saves, the DLC you can just download again.

Enamelized420
07-25-2008, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear that it happened to you but good that you headed it off quick. Definitely just invest in a 64MB Memory Card and just Move over your GT and and Saves you might want and head to your friends house. Much easier and faster. That's why I got a 64MC when I didn;t have high-speed I could take my GT and content to a friends and enjoy w/ no hassles.

CrazyCougar
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Doesnt the person hijacking the account have to have your windows ID login information that is associated with the gamertag being recovered. Sounds like mismanagement of personal information to me. Cant blame anyone but one's self for that one.

Steeps5
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Doesnt the person hijacking the account have to have your windows ID login information that is associated with the gamertag being recovered. Sounds like mismanagement of personal information to me. Cant blame anyone but one's self for that one.

that is a good point, they would have to know both the email and password, it could have even been someone inside microsoft with access to your information

y2kash_14
07-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Just so you're not alone on your boat, it takes me an hour or two to recover my GT as well.

JakofallAces
07-26-2008, 04:37 PM

to crazy my info is as secret as it can be ever since i got clean i havent told anyone and wont ever again. though my password was extremely easy to guess since i change it ever 70 days and need something easy to remember. Also i dont use that email for anything outside of xbox messages not for any website but xbox.com so i dont see how any1 could have got it.

To variation i do have a 512 mb memory card for some time now ever since my dark ages and i use it whenever i go to a friends so i can bring saves with me to get help from him and such as well as bring my gt with me.