PDA

View Full Version : daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Cking
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, i was playing rainbow, and i randomly got a disk read error. I took the disk out and there wasn't any major scratches, i was playing it all day, it was in my xbox the whole time. I tried again, first time i died it happened again. So i took it out, and there is a crack in the disk, WTF. I'm afraid to try any other games. I'm calling xbox tomorrow, maybe they can do something. This happened to any of you guys? Is it safe to try another disk?
:cuss:

Cking
07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
I called they want 110$ and they will fix it. I think im just going to sell this thing. Is it safe to try any other disks? I think im going to try my arcade demo disk later..

Ry
07-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah colin, nice double post, That sucks yo, but dont sell, ask your mom and dad for a new one. Be like

"I love you, hunny buns' roflcopter.
do
it
now.

You can come to my house and play.

Cking
07-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Im seeling it and everything else i own and im buying a quad.

Clintman
07-24-2008, 10:44 AM
That sucks man. They should be paying you for the inconvenience if you ask me.

CrazyCougar
07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
More than often those cracks from the center of the disc are caused by mishandling when removing it from the case. Folks need to be sure to depress the entire clip that is holding the disc in place inside the case. Other wise a hairline fracture will occur from the stress. At which point will be exagerated by the excessive rpm's while in the disc tray playing.

Bottom line, dont remove discs so quickly from the retail case. Take your time and be sure not to pop them out. Any bending can cause stress fractures in the plastic disc. Its not indestructable.

Ainokeatoo
07-25-2008, 08:39 PM
More than often those cracks from the center of the disc are caused by mishandling when removing it from the case. Folks need to be sure to depress the entire clip that is holding the disc in place inside the case. Other wise a hairline fracture will occur from the stress. At which point will be exagerated by the excessive rpm's while in the disc tray playing.

Bottom line, dont remove discs so quickly from the retail case. Take your time and be sure not to pop them out. Any bending can cause stress fractures in the plastic disc. Its not indestructable.

This is why I love CC, he's so informative *swoons*

Cking
08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, all disks now have a imaginary "disk read error" So I stood it up on its side and it works again, if it red rinds I don't care. And I'm only using games I have warranty on, so I should be okay for a while.....

Could be worse, on another form (not xbox related) same thing happened but it blew out his whole sound system......

wasabi_
08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Just try to cause it to red ring, you can send it in and they will send you a different unit.

Steeps5
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM

well in that case they need a better box for gtaIV. its ridiculously hard to take the disc out of that case.

frag yo mamma 2
08-19-2008, 06:30 PM
maybe get outside and dont just sit and play a game all day long?

m4oH
08-21-2008, 12:52 AM
maybe get outside and dont just sit and play a game all day long?go kill yourself.

Variation-XBA
08-21-2008, 03:35 PM
maybe get outside and dont just sit and play a game all day long?

maybe get outside and dont just post on XBA all day long?

WillyV2
08-22-2008, 01:20 AM
go kill yourself.

:cheers: To you.

This has been happening to me for months. This is even one they sent to me, after my launch Xbox died, and in fact - I've been having these errors since day one. :hardcore:

l Maximus l
08-22-2008, 02:02 AM
You know, I've never ever...and I mean never have mention this before, but, I still have a launch XBox and I've never had a single problem :D

madbulletsoup
08-25-2008, 07:50 PM
My launch box just died last month, so I upgraded to an elite. My first elite would do similar thing with bioshock, it just kept freezing up, I went to exchange and I was ready to play:)