PDA

View Full Version : Blitz: The League II

CuartoDePuto
07-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I noticed that this is slated for release in October, and I can't help but remember all the fun times I had playing Blitz and NHL Hitz. I think this could be a great alternative to Madden, and with a series of Blitz games you could actually develop the players into characters whose careers evolve in each campaign mode. I'm hoping playing for The League One are in this. Any other Blitz fans?

azinkidrules
07-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Any other Blitz fans?
CuartoDePuto I am a blitz fan, but not of the newer series. I enjoyed blitz on N64 and of course the arcade. [I pwned at the arcade] The reason i enjoy the latter is due to the simplicity and the straight-forward 8 on 8 [may be less] game play. How easy it was to play to go "LA LA LA LA LALA". I have played 'The League' I just didn't like the game play...I couldn't get into. Now what i did like about it was the use of sideline 'Athletic Trainers' the use of the juice and how it effected the player..but other than that.. i can't really get into a football game that has a story line...just doesn't seem right..
Its bad enough to have your own story line [reality: Division 3 football] and have to play a story line for Micheal Vick's New Mexican Alias [which i can't remember to safe my life]
I need a life to further prevent my senseless posts!:sleeping:

CuartoDePuto
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I liked the story mode as it helped me identify some of the various players the game creators made. Although the biggest positive is definitely the badass, arcade-y gameplay. As long as that's there, I'm interested, and I think it makes for great multi-player fun. I played a similar game for the NHL called Hitz 20-03, and I spent hours with my buds going head-to-head in that one. Hopefully we get some hands-on reports to see what The League II is like soon.