PDA

View Full Version : Wireless adapters

wicked_d365
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows what all wireless adapters I can use with my 360. Don't feel like dropping 80 some odd dollars on a MS. Wondering what other brands I can use, cheap, but quality. Any help greatly appriciated.

Reclaimer
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Supposedly any will work. According to an old article I recall J Allard mentioned that just about any will work but the 360 one is guaranteed to work.

Knowing that, I tried my Dlink USB 2 adapter and the plastic housing is a bit too large to fit properly in the back. It fits in the front though it and it did work, the 360 recognized it after a few minutes of anxiously waiting for it to pop up in the diagnostics check list.
But it takes too much room from the front hub so I disconnected it. It was a test anyway.

Even the old Wi-fi adapter from the original Xbox is supposed to work and it plugs into the ethernet port.

Steeps5
07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
i dont actually know any non-microsoft adapters that work but the microsoft one works perfectly and has had no problems for me, fits nicely in the back of the console.

LINKINPARK8591
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm gonna have to get me one, so i can get on live.

Ainokeatoo
08-04-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm wondering if anyone knows what all wireless adapters I can use with my 360. Don't feel like dropping 80 some odd dollars on a MS. Wondering what other brands I can use, cheap, but quality. Any help greatly appriciated.

To be completely honest, I like the MS one there are no wires and the such that get in the way or make it look bad, and it attaches to the back of the consoles... Try maybe linksys or something *Isn't very 'caught up' with wireless adapters*

wicked_d365
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys, I think, I'm just gonna spend the money on a MS one. Now I need to go get some black paint so it will match my Elite.

David Creech
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
The one that you could get for the original Xbox is black, and it works fine as well on the 360. ;)

Ainokeatoo
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
The one that you could get for the original Xbox is black, and it works fine as well on the 360. ;)

Still more wires lol, and can you still find those? lmao