PDA

View Full Version : Official "The Dark Knight" consoles

SpaceGhost2K
07-30-2008, 02:17 PM
There are two. I took these pics at Comic-Con. They were in a locked case. I asked them to open the case. They had seen my customs and were happy to oblige but would not set the consoles down.

Each console has the same faceplate and title logo on one side, and then one console has Batman and the other one has the Joker.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/ComiCon%202008/CIMG1090.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/ComiCon%202008/CIMG1088.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/ComiCon%202008/CIMG1091.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/ComiCon%202008/CIMG1089.jpg

JakofallAces
07-31-2008, 05:40 PM
can i get that joker one and where?

Omen28
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Wow, I'll take the joker one, but if thats not possible than I will settle for the batman one lol.

wicked_d365
08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
I want both. Hell, I'll stab somebody for the faceplate alone.

JakofallAces
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Wow, I'll take the joker one, but if thats not possible than I will settle for the batman one lol.

already called dibs dont you remember the international dibs law well respect my authoritaa and I WIN

gameking28
08-02-2008, 01:52 AM
already called dibs dont you remember the international dibs law well respect my authoritaa and I WIN

In that case I get dibs because I saw it a day before Spacey got there. :rofl:
They were all raffled off and the winners got notified by email if they got one - I don't suppose anyone else here went to Comic-Con besides Spacey and I?
Personally, I wanted the GOW2 one so bad I was seriously considering bribing one of the hot booth girls.

SpaceGhost2K
08-02-2008, 04:31 AM
They were all raffled off and the winners got notified by email if they got one - I don't suppose anyone else here went to Comic-Con besides Spacey and I?
Personally, I wanted the GOW2 one so bad I was seriously considering bribing one of the hot booth girls.

Bribing? That's a euphamism, isn't it?

gameking28
08-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Bribing? That's a euphamism, isn't it?

lol it was... although probably not the euphemism you were thinking. It was more or less me sobbing uncontrollably in front of the display case in hopes that if I made a large enough scene they would take pity on me and hand me one. :D

JakofallAces
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
ya but i called "dibs" first so its mine you must uphold the international dibs laws or face the wrath of shella

SpaceGhost2K
08-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I have nothing to confirm this, so don't think I'm "hinting" or something. I"m not.

Look at the Gears of War 2 consoles in the other thread. They're red. Not just painted red, but red plastic. That's a whole different thing than painting a faceplate or the side of a console. That requires a change in the production process.

Note also that MS is going to be offering red and black faceplates that - get this - MATCH the Gears of War 2 consoles exactly.

And I'm supposed to believe that there are only going to be twenty of these?

Yeah, right.

My opinion only, but I bet you that there will be Gears of Wars 2 SE Consoles this year just like there were Halo 3 SE Consoles last year. Maybe a little more limited in numbers, but certainly more than the twenty they're talking about. You don't change a production process to inject red plastic for twenty plates and consoles.

gameking28
08-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I have nothing to confirm this, so don't think I'm "hinting" or something. I"m not.

Look at the Gears of War 2 consoles in the other thread. They're red. Not just painted red, but red plastic. That's a whole different thing than painting a faceplate or the side of a console. That requires a change in the production process.

Note also that MS is going to be offering red and black faceplates that - get this - MATCH the Gears of War 2 consoles exactly.

And I'm supposed to believe that there are only going to be twenty of these?

Yeah, right.

My opinion only, but I bet you that there will be Gears of Wars 2 SE Consoles this year just like there were Halo 3 SE Consoles last year. Maybe a little more limited in numbers, but certainly more than the twenty they're talking about. You don't change a production process to inject red plastic for twenty plates and consoles.

I'm with you on that. GOW is a flagship property for MS - I wouldn't be surprised to see a holiday bundle featuring a red GOW2 limited edition console

wicked_d365
08-12-2008, 01:40 PM
ya but i called "dibs" first so its mine you must uphold the international dibs laws or face the wrath of shella
Technically I called first "dibs" when I started the original thread about Domino's giving them away.

Symmetric-XBA
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
i couldn't be happier. after all the horrible past few days I've had, I just got an email telling me that I have a joker console on the way. I don't know what to say I'm so speechless.

gameking28
08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
i couldn't be happier. after all the horrible past few days I've had, I just got an email telling me that I have a joker console on the way. I don't know what to say I'm so speechless.

Dude that's awesome! Congrats! :D
Glad to see some good news come your way!

Symmetric-XBA
08-12-2008, 07:24 PM

thank you so much. its been one F***ing nightmare after another, this at least gives me 1 ray of light.

SpaceGhost2K
08-12-2008, 08:07 PM

What? How? That's AWESOME!

BattleCruiser
08-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Congrats, hope things improve from here on out for ya!

Symmetric-XBA
08-13-2008, 05:32 AM

Congrats, hope things improve from here on out for ya!

Unf. things have happened that can not be undone. I'm in debt a few thousand for funeral arrangements. hence the reason i'm selling every faceplate I own.

wicked_d365
08-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Awesome. Congrats on winning. Pic when you get it.