PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09 faceplates

segagamer4life
08-09-2008, 08:37 AM
So far aside from the near-rape prices on ebay, I have yet to learn where these are being issued. I have read that usually they are given at madden tourney's, but so far no dice. Anyone else looking for this favre faceplate?

Nato King
08-09-2008, 08:48 AM
what does it look like. I am a person that I like to see pictures of faceplates.

hellonearth159
08-09-2008, 09:29 AM
http://i13.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/03/bc/f2ce_1.JPG
ebay item 170248534869

Nato King
08-09-2008, 10:00 AM
oh that is very nice. I think that might be a must buy for me because I love packers.

SpaceGhost2K
08-09-2008, 02:03 PM
I didn't get to meet with anyone from EA at E3, and an email I sent was not returned.

I'm in the same boat as you guys on this one. There are two NCAA 09 plates I guess, a normal looking one and the mascot one, and then the Madden 2009. No idea if they're doing a super limited one like the red one they did last year.

I hate it when companies make this stuff to generate hype on their games, and then you can't find out ANYTHING about them. What's the point? Got budget to blow?

segagamer4life
08-11-2008, 07:07 AM
I know, I wish I knew where these things came from, and now they are popping up all over ebay, and going for a decent amount, wtf?>???! how do these people keep getting these things :-)

wicked_d365
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
This sucks so bad, I have been trying to get both NCAA plates for weeks now, I keep getting snipped. Now the Madden plates are ridiculously high. I hate this. Someone needs to do something. The true collectors have no access to what we want, and all the a-holes trying to make a quick buck are living it up right now.
Look at the Soul Cal plates, I, along with others, got screwed out of their's, but if you got mine or someone else's, that you weren't suppose to get, you can sell it on Ebay for about 50 some odd dollars a plate. BS man, BS.:cuss:

segagamer4life
08-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Looks like the madden ones are circulating at gamestops stores supposedly as a top prize for a "tournament", but that's what I found at one store near me, who knows, all I know is it sucks to see them go so high on ebay.

wicked_d365
08-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I WAS going to buy Madden today, cause I called Gamewhore this morning, the guy said he would hold a plate for me. I get there, and the guy says, "They are only for pre-order." The guy in behind of me was picking up his pre-order and asked about the plate, and the other guy told him "you have to ...." and the other guy cut him off. Then they started talking to each other quietly. we looked at each other and then we both proceeded to ask So how the hell do I get a plate? then the guy helping me started trying to feed me some crap about, "the vendor gives them to us, and we have to do this and this, blah blah" 10 mins later, neither of us got a plate, and the other guy, got his reserve money back, for the collector's edition I add, and we both ended up at Best Buy grabbing it. I go there cause I get reward points.

Anywho, sounds like they are just trying to keep the plates for themselves or something. I'm getting fed up with this. I am calling Gamewhore corprate and ripping whoever answers the phone a new one. this is BS, first they get Grid days after release, then they give a way my Unreal plate, now this, all in a matter of 2 months. Enough is enough.

SpaceGhost2K
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I WAS going to buy Madden today, cause I called Gamewhore this morning, the guy said he would hold a plate for me. I get there, and the guy says, "They are only for pre-order." The guy in behind of me was picking up his pre-order and asked about the plate, and the other guy told him "you have to ...." and the other guy cut him off. Then they started talking to each other quietly. we looked at each other and then we both proceeded to ask So how the hell do I get a plate? then the guy helping me started trying to feed me some crap about, "the vendor gives them to us, and we have to do this and this, blah blah" 10 mins later, neither of us got a plate, and the other guy, got his reserve money back, for the collector's edition I add, and we both ended up at Best Buy grabbing it. I go there cause I get reward points.

Anywho, sounds like they are just trying to keep the plates for themselves or something. I'm getting fed up with this. I am calling Gamewhore corprate and ripping whoever answers the phone a new one. this is BS, first they get Grid days after release, then they give a way my Unreal plate, now this, all in a matter of 2 months. Enough is enough.

I don't know what the situation is with the EA Sports plates but it sounds like you just need a better store.