PDA

View Full Version : So whats the point of being a hardcore 360 owner?

Blackpanthour
08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I just have to ask all the hardcore gamers out there. what do we get for being a die hard 360 fan from the beginning? do they give us free arcade games every year, or for playin a certain amount of hours? maybe they would give us discounts on peripherals? or better yet discount on games? or you know what even an email or letter thanking us for being a hardcore gamer? any answers...........? if you guess one of those, I laugh on your lapel. Ha. we get nothing. ok, now picture this, if we weren't hardcore gamers and just waited until 3 or 4 years after a console came out. and we didn't want to get everything as soon as it came out. and could wait later to get a 360 instead of getting it right away. imagine all the goodies microsoft would of given us, way back when there was a deal (i think maybe just through deal) where you got halo3, another game, the console and a wireless headset. or from microsoft maybe get the console for $349 instead of $499 or better yet now $299 (can. amounts). or better yet, and this is what got me mad, if I wasn't a hardcore fan, and was just a casual gamer or even a ps3 fan :yikes: I could've not only gotten a 360 for $299 but I could've gotten 3 times the harddrive with a 60gb drive instead of having too constantly delete items to fit everything. like where is the love for those gamers that paid top dollar for the system? where is the love for those that have gone through the RRoD and still accepted the 360 as the leet console? where is the love for those that have played many hours of XBLive and actively use the marketplace? where is it, in MS ass because they know they already took our money from us.

But on a border sense it happens to every game company (except the wii, which is amazing that its still the same great deal then as it is now) and its sad that they treat us this way. like, all I want is the ability to take part of the new deals that they have (excluding price drops) like the increase in hard drive space. like common, I want to download more stuff to the 360 and you rather give that space to casual gamers who would barely put in 10gb of data on it. I ask all you HC gamers where is the love?

Blackpanthour
08-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry for the length but i had to get that one out.

CrazyCougar
08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
And please tell me what love Sony and Nintendo are giving consumers? These companies are businesses and they owe the consumer nothing.

BTW, my eyes hurt after reading your post. Wow. Punctuation does do wonders.

Ainokeatoo
08-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't get it, are you complaining because you bought the console around the time it came out and you're complaining because there weren't the same deals then as there is now?... That's about the same as buying a brand new Television that just came out, expecting to get movies and a DVD player *Blueray whatever* with it.

Reclaimer
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
It's all a business. It's all about making money. They don't care about freebies because the money is in the software.
So many games get bought, so many games are huge sellers that the profits from gaming software alone will outweigh anything a hardware company can throw out as freebies to pick up more profits later on.

Look at it this way.. MS tosses freebies by severe discounts on hardware accessories in effort to make an eventual profit by hopefully selling enough discounted hardware to recoup what they would lose in the long term.

But on the same token, with game licenses, profit margins from game sales outweighing such endeavors, the money is in the games and it's a safer bet.

Sony has it's fair share of price reductions and hardware reconfigurations.
Hell, Nintendo is getting ready to release a motion controller accessory that tightens up the telemetrics of it's original motion controllers.
In other words.. they want you to buy something that is improvement over what you already bought from them.

Sony has it's whatever-axis controllers and now theres a rumble and multi-axis motion controller..

I mean it goes across the board.
To the corporations, there is no hard core gamer. That term is something we give ourselves.

I mean seriously with video games out producing movies and music at their initial releases, hardware sales takes a back seat.

CrazyCougar
08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Ok , I am completely lost fromt his conversation. LOL!

l Maximus l
08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
What we gain as hardcore gamers is all of the hard work that went into making the peripherals, the games, the console, etc... Sometimes, Microsoft runs contests when they don't have to (though, it's great marketing)...they're in business, and as consumers, we get to reap the benefits of the fun and Microsoft earns our hard earned dollars. Fair trade-off, if you ask me...

wasabi_
08-13-2008, 02:35 AM
I didnt read anything in this thread since word walls hurt my eyes.

But ill say this, you know how McDonalds rewards hardcore customers? Obesity...

Dont be so upset that the 360 doesn't give you a similar reward for being a hardcore custo...wait...

Unless of course you are so hardcore that 360 is all you do 24/7, in which case you get the same fantastic prize.

gameking28
08-13-2008, 03:35 AM
But ill say this, you know how McDonalds rewards hardcore customers? Obesity...

****ing hilarious. And sadly true.

Variation-XBA
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Sorry, but if you think you deserve a prize for being someone that is 'hardcore', I think you are sadly mistaken.

Everyone knows that prices go down in time, if you want to wait longer for better bundles/hardware revisions, then wait by all means, but don't complain because a newer/bigger/better version is out later down the road.

I've had Xbox 1 and 360 since day one, Live since beta, and my game collection is obscene, do you see me here asking for a handout just because I've been a faithful customer? No, cause that's not how the world and industry works.

Blackpanthour
08-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I completely understand the price reduction in consoles, as it has been going on for years, and is also the result of cheaper manufacturing and parts. so price reduction later on into the consoles life as well as the fact that the longer the console is out, the less popular and "in-demand" it gets so thats understandable. I guess my main quip is that for waiting the new comers get a 60gb harddrive or say later on its an extra controller or the supposed motion 360 controller. like, i think that being a customer it is unfair that i don't get that opportunity unless i buy it change the harddrives and then return the console, which in itself is a lost of hassal. but I rly would've liked that 60gb hard drive.

but from a company point i understand its all marketing and they are trying to win over the more casual gamer or the ones still debating which they want to get. so I completely understand why its done. but you gotta admit when you see deals like this you wish you were one of those guys to get the better deal on the system. as i so would've like the 60gb hard drive. and it will prob happen again when the next deal comes out.

Variation-XBA
08-14-2008, 12:34 AM
So with that train of thought, Sony should be obliged to trade in my large ps2 for the slim one?

Nintendo should upgrade every gameboy version and DS when they do a new color or size?

Oh, gamecube comes now in different colors, why can't I get a deal on that?

It doesnt work like that, sorry

vman
08-14-2008, 12:58 AM
I ask all you HC gamers where is the love?
The love is where it should be. In the hearts of all the "hardcore gamers" out there. Staying up till the wee hours of the morning getting in some quality gaming time instead of sleeping. We don't do it for the recognition... we do it for the love of the game, dammit!

Variation-XBA
08-14-2008, 01:01 AM
The love is where it should be. In the hearts of all the "hardcore gamers" out there. Staying up till the wee hours of the morning getting in some quality gaming time instead of sleeping. We don't do it for the recognition... we do it for the love of the game, dammit!

OMG Vman!!! Welcome back!! Add me on LIVE NOW!! :hump::hump::hump:

Blackpanthour
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
like i said, I'm not talking about something so far fetched as being able to upgrade to the new system. that was an exaggeration point and i understand that from a business perspective. obliviously i cudn't trade in my 360 for the new 360 with the quieter drive and more efficient chip inside. i was just talking about the lil extras like hard drive or the new controllers that are suppose to be comming out. but it won't happen so there is no point in arguing

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
08-15-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't believe we should get stuff for free because they release a better bundle than, the ones we bought when the system was new, If everything followed that theory we would never buy anything , I mean c'mon man the reason why they have to make money is to keep the system going to generate, new budgets so that they can buy new licenses to games, if they went by what your asking we wold never have had GTA.h
However I still think they should do something, with the gamerpoints besides flash them out there .

Max33
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
It would be shrewd of MS to bounce out a freebee to their hardecore launch fans.Discounts,exclusive contests,the occasional free xbl arcade game.What better way to solidify a fan base.

Variation-XBA
08-17-2008, 12:06 AM
It would be shrewd of MS to bounce out a freebee to their hardecore launch fans.Discounts,exclusive contests,the occasional free xbl arcade game.What better way to solidify a fan base.

Where's my free stuff from Sony and Nintendo then? I had their systems day 1 as well.

Sigh

Max33
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I didn't imply they should, just that it would be pretty good public relations to show fan support appreciation. Then you'd be singing songs about microsoft.

Ainokeatoo
08-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I've had Xbox 1 and 360 since day one, Live since beta, and my game collection is obscene, do you see me here asking for a handout just because I've been a faithful customer? No, cause that's not how the world and industry works.

LMAO Shut up you got your hand out for being here since Live Beta. :P

Not Green
08-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't believe we should get stuff for free because they release a better bundle than, the ones we bought when the system was new, If everything followed that theory we would never buy anything , I mean c'mon man the reason why they have to make money is to keep the system going to generate, new budgets so that they can buy new licenses to games, if they went by what your asking we wold never have had GTA.h
However I still think they should do something, with the gamerpoints besides flash them out there .

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic towards the thread maker or if you were going for the world record for longest sentence...

On topic, we all know Microsoft will never give us anything we don't pay for. (AKA Xbox Live compared to Sony's Online) I think what he is getting at though is that it would have been nice to have cheaper consoles and lots of extras. If that is what the thread creator is trying to say then I concur. ;)

SpaceGhost2K
08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Well, look at it the other way.

Let's say you're Harry Hardcore. Got the 360 the day it came out, and got LIVE with it.

Now let's compare you with Chris Casual. He just got a 360. He paid $50 less than you and got a 60 GB HDD.

What does Harry have OVER Chris?

Well, he got to play for three more years than Chris did. He's played Halo 3 and Mass Effect and Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bioshock. He's got functional voice chat. He's got one name across all of his games and achievements and a gamerscore.

On the other hand, Chris has been playing his PS2 for the past three years. Playing with his friends sucks - mostly because they've all left. Sure, he's played God of War 1 and 2 and Killzone... but so did Harry because he didn't get rid of his PS2 when he got his 360.

So yeah, don't think you didn't get something. You know who got screwed is Chris. He's waited three years and the thing has STILL only dropped fifty bucks. All he gets out of the deal is a little more HDD space. BFD. He could have been playing next-gen games for the past THREE YEARS, but he traded it all for THAT.

By the way, the last thing that some company gave me was a $50 from Best Buy for buying an HD DVD drive there before they went tits up. So yay, I got a gift - not for being hardcore or a valuable customer, but for basically being a 'tard.

Blackpanthour
08-18-2008, 11:25 PM
well, I see and concur and thought about your point spaceghost. and thats why I am not too upset now, as I was when i first wrote this post and read what the newbies were getting. I was being greedy then. but still something would be nice, like some competition, or give-a-ways for doing stuff or something for the hardcore fans would be nice that they are still thinking about us.

and to the comments about gramer and punctuation, who gives a crap. like your not a prof or teacher marking my work, so as long as i spell the words right and you understand what I;m saying, then stop commented on that. im soo tired of hearin one or two ppl talk about "look how long the sentence is" or "wow he uses a comma instead of a period". like dam, read. if you don't understand then ask.

Slowride
08-18-2008, 11:40 PM
The Chicks.

Blackpanthour
08-19-2008, 01:36 AM
hahah

frag yo mamma 2
08-19-2008, 06:35 PM
good thread.

well, i did wait. i just got my elite a few weeks ago, and got xbl 2 weeks ago. :D

i remember when xbox first came out and was hundreds of dollars, lol my friend got one, and a dvd kit, 4(total controllers), 3 games all for like 900 from the store, lol@people like that.

Ainokeatoo
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
good thread.

well, i did wait. i just got my elite a few weeks ago, and got xbl 2 weeks ago. :D

i remember when xbox first came out and was hundreds of dollars, lol my friend got one, and a dvd kit, 4(total controllers), 3 games all for like 900 from the store, lol@people like that.

Yeah but then again, they're not gaming in the past when they buy it.

Variation-XBA
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM

I'm one of those people.... :mad:

Blackpanthour
08-20-2008, 12:31 AM
i wanted to quote ur signature variation, "Originally Posted by ainokeatoo
Ah the benefit of having an xbox, we get great games, and everyone else's exclusive games to." lol, haha it seems that way doesn't it.

I have one other question, now maybe i heard wrong, but didn't microsoft say from the launch of 360 that we were going to get a final fantasy game? why such a huge hype, I've been waiting since launch when I heard about it. or maybe i heard sumthin wrong and it happened that i misheard it to say final fantasy and was right anyway?

LINKINPARK8591
08-20-2008, 12:55 AM
again like it's been said it's all busy, they don't owe us anything.

They love is whatever you make out of it from play late nights and getting highscores. i agree it would be nice if we had the option to upgrade the hard drive but then again. If you were running a business how ofter would you be giving updated items to your customer. I think that would be rare to none.

*whispers,* i think var makes love to his console via the cd-rom tray.

Variation-XBA
08-20-2008, 01:26 AM
*whispers,* i think var makes love to his console via the cd-rom tray.

Wtf.... it's a dvd drive, not cd, newb. :rofl:

And yes....

:cool:

LINKINPARK8591
08-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Wtf.... it's a dvd drive, not cd, newb. :rofl:

And yes....

:cool:

i know but i thought that would prompt a response from ya.:rofl::rofl:

Clintman
08-22-2008, 02:35 AM
This is one benefit (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85319)