PDA

View Full Version : LOST: Via Domus

laughs
08-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Who else bought this piece of crap? I saw it at the store for $30 and I thought what the hell. I'm a huge LOST fan, but ****, this thing makes me kinda dislike the show.

It's a horrible game. I spent like 6 hours lost in the jungle trying to get away from this smoke monster and when I do, there's a frigger with a gun who comes out a starts shooting at me. I run past him and get the dynamite, but I have to go back past the guy again BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S UNSTABLE AND I'LL BLOW UP IF I RUN!!! SO I WALK BUT HE SHOOTS ME AND KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I say, OK... I'll start the level over and just buy the gun off of Charlie and I'll just have to stomach doing it again... So I do. I spend another hour lost in the jungle, I shoot the prick who was shooting at me, I get the dynamite, I RUN AROUND THE JUNGLE FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS, WALKING AWAY FROM THE SMOKE MONSTER...

finally I get past it... I go to the door and stick the dynamite on there and I shoot it... BANG! The door comes off... I go to the computer and DO EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO AND IT KICKS ME BACK TO THE TITLE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just sitting there with my mouth open saying wtf! I JUST WASTED LIKE 10 HOURS AND THIS GAME ****S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: 1/10 ****! :cuss:

CrazyCougar
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM
I beat the game in like 5 hours. BUT I will agree.. TERRIBLE GAME! Diehard fans of the show seem to like it though because there is some tidbits of information included that relate directly to some show mysteries. I am not a fan of the show but spoke with some folks that said hey did you see that in the game.

I think I reviewed it as a 6 something.

Enamelized420
08-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah I know what you mean as my fiancee is a diehard fan and wanted the game so I purchased it for her and played through it in about 5-6 hours. There are a few spots like w/ the Smoke and dynamite that pissed me off royally as well.
I was hoping for a bit more from the game being based off a great TV show but it was a definite let down. The computer commands and what you're suppoped to do does throw you for a loop at first that's for sure... Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with it man

Variation-XBA
08-18-2008, 12:52 AM
I found it for $5, so I picked it up. I'll give it a shot once my Too human phase runs dry in awhile.

Unreal
08-18-2008, 08:32 AM
I found it for $5, so I picked it up. I'll give it a shot once my Too human phase runs dry in awhile.
Hopefully for you. That phase never ends. Another week and a bit and Too Human is out.

Variation-XBA
08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Hopefully for you. That phase never ends. Another week and a bit and Too Human is out.

You mean tomorrow sir.

Unreal
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
You mean tomorrow sir.
My bad. My EB told me another week :p BTW, I have my copy. SK (the devs) were at my EB. 10 mins from my house. I have the game, the poster autographed by Denis Dyack. A bag, a pen, and a pre-order code for armor.

Conchord
08-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Who else bought this piece of crap? I saw it at the store for $30 and I thought what the hell. I'm a huge LOST fan, but ****, this thing makes me kinda dislike the show.

It's a horrible game. I spent like 6 hours lost in the jungle trying to get away from this smoke monster and when I do, there's a frigger with a gun who comes out a starts shooting at me. I run past him and get the dynamite, but I have to go back past the guy again BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S UNSTABLE AND I'LL BLOW UP IF I RUN!!! SO I WALK BUT HE SHOOTS ME AND KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I say, OK... I'll start the level over and just buy the gun off of Charlie and I'll just have to stomach doing it again... So I do. I spend another hour lost in the jungle, I shoot the prick who was shooting at me, I get the dynamite, I RUN AROUND THE JUNGLE FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS, WALKING AWAY FROM THE SMOKE MONSTER...

finally I get past it... I go to the door and stick the dynamite on there and I shoot it... BANG! The door comes off... I go to the computer and DO EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO AND IT KICKS ME BACK TO THE TITLE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just sitting there with my mouth open saying wtf! I JUST WASTED LIKE 10 HOURS AND THIS GAME ****S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: 1/10 ****! :cuss:

Sounds like a confusing, random, pointless piece of crap... sounds like they converted the show perfectly!

Variation-XBA
08-25-2008, 12:52 AM
My bad. My EB told me another week :p BTW, I have my copy. SK (the devs) were at my EB. 10 mins from my house. I have the game, the poster autographed by Denis Dyack. A bag, a pen, and a pre-order code for armor.

Post a pic! I wanna see that. I've been hooked on this game since launch.