PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries 2

Omen28
08-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Who is getting this?

http://www.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/27097/Exclusive_Hands_On_Mercenaries_2_World_In_Flames.html

I for one am, I can't wait for it. Watch the whole video right to the very end and with that I think everyone will like it.

Variation-XBA
08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll have to wait till after xmas, way too many other things coming out, and with any luck it'll go on sale or something after then

Omen28
08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll have to wait till after xmas, way too many other things coming out, and with any luck it'll go on sale or something after then

Its kinda nice though because its coming out earlier than a lot of other games plus I have gamefly so it will give me time to play it before the big ones hit.

Steeps5
08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
This game has been a definite must buy on my list for a while now. I mean just look at that nuke at the end. :eek: All the games that everyone seems to want im not really that interested in, gears 2 (too violent in my opinion), fable 2 (doesnt interest me), and others like it. I just think that this, endwar, and force unleashed are the games i will be getting this year.

This game is just going to be awesome on all levels, you had to play the first one to see that this is going to be a good game.

xbx4lfe
08-24-2008, 02:29 AM
I cant wait!!! one more week:p

wasabi_
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I am very tempted, I loved the first mercenaries even though I never beat it. Only there are so many games coming out that I want

Fable 2
Fallout 3
Gears 2
Left 4 Dead

I just dont know If I really want Mercenaries this bad...probably will wait for reviews.

Ninja Scroll
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM

I'm with my bastard son Variation on this one. Way too many games coming out. I myself will wait for it's price drop which im willing to bet will be right around the christmas crunch push. More so a weekly sale from Best Buy or Circuit City for $49.99 or a gift card.
This game does seem really interested and from the trailers I have seen it kicks ass!

If your hardcore for this game and dont subscribe to OXM I recommend coppin the latest issue with GH World Tour on the cover.
Just got the issue in the mail yesterday and it has an sweet ass must-have poster spread in it with no advertising on the front. It's a double sided poster of the main character moe hawk dude on the $100.00 front & back.

Yo Variation, when I get this game, you gonna get it too so we can go multiplayer? I call the black dude! :cool: You get the chick! :D

Shawn-XBA
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I have this game pre-ordered. Ever since I saw some videos of gameplay I was hooked. The fact that you can drop nukes is just awesome. There is one video that was released yesterday, I think, showed some co-op gameplay one person was in a tank and was in a helicopter. The person in the helicopter had a hook on the end of a cord and he picked up the tank and flew it somewhere else. Here's the link for anyone that wants to see it:

http://www.g4tv.com/trailers/videos/28027/Mercenaries_2_World_in_Flames_CoOp_No_Rules_Gameplay.html

The part where the person picks up the tank with the heli is towards the end of the video.

Variation-XBA
08-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Yo Variation, when I get this game, you gonna get it too so we can go multiplayer? I call the black dude! :cool: You get the chick! :D

Sounds good to me son, I always pick the girls anyways :whistle:

Steeps5
08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm with my bastard son Variation on this one. Way too many games coming out. I myself will wait for it's price drop which im willing to bet will be right around the christmas crunch push. More so a weekly sale from Best Buy or Circuit City for $49.99 or a gift card.
This game does seem really interested and from the trailers I have seen it kicks ass!

If your hardcore for this game and dont subscribe to OXM I recommend coppin the latest issue with GH World Tour on the cover.
Just got the issue in the mail yesterday and it has an sweet ass must-have poster spread in it with no advertising on the front. It's a double sided poster of the main character moe hawk dude on the $100.00 front & back.

yeah i got that OXM issue a couple days ago, that is a huge poster, folds out for the size of 4 pages

but i will definitely be getting this game so i could play with any of you guys, although i will probably a bunch of my friends getting it

Ninja Scroll
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
yeah i got that OXM issue a couple days ago, that is a huge poster, folds out for the size of 4 pages

but i will definitely be getting this game so i could play with any of you guys, although i will probably a bunch of my friends getting it

Told you all the poster was a beast! :cheers: My B-Day is Sept 1st so I expect some gift cards. If I do I might put it towards this game.

The new commercial I been seeing on TV just won me over big time!!!!

"SUCKA TRIED TO PLAY ME" LOL! The commercial ownz! I love the verse & chorus. It's funny and is fresh. The visuals are impressive and go well with the song in the commerical. A song that seperates itself from the same old cliche of action/adventure game commerical music.

Kinda like Gears Of War TV ad.

Variation, time to drop that TooHuman and get this game next week with me. You down?

Variation-XBA
08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Variation, time to drop that TooHuman and get this game next week with me. You down?

Nope, told you, I'm getting it post xmas.

WAY too much stuff I'll be playing this holiday so Merc2 doesn't sit high on the priorities:

Fable 2 Limited Edition
Lego Batman
Left 4 Dead
Fallout 3 Collector Edition
Saints Row 2
Mirror's Edge
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesparia Collector Edition
Infinate Undiscovery
Rock Band 2 Bundle
Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle
Gears Of War 2 Collector Edition

Spinoff90
08-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Picked it up earlier today and will play it after the fantasy football draft. Didn't have much interest in it prior to E3 since I hadn't been really following it and had never played the first one but after seeing a live demo on G4 I got hyped. The nuke won me over :hardcore:

Omen28
08-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Picked it up earlier today and will play it after the fantasy football draft. Didn't have much interest in it prior to E3 since I hadn't been really following it and had never played the first one but after seeing a live demo on G4 I got hyped. The nuke won me over :hardcore:

Yeah, at first I was just going to rent it but then I watched the g4 demo again and some other videos on gametrailers.com and then I was just like " Where should I buy this?"

Steeps5
08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Nope, told you, I'm getting it post xmas.

WAY too much stuff I'll be playing this holiday so Merc2 doesn't sit high on the priorities:

Fable 2 Limited Edition
Lego Batman
Left 4 Dead
Fallout 3 Collector Edition
Saints Row 2
Mirror's Edge
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesparia Collector Edition
Infinate Undiscovery
Rock Band 2 Bundle
Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle
Gears Of War 2 Collector Edition

lets see...
Fable 2 Limited Edition-gay
Lego Batman-gay
Left 4 Dead-gay
Fallout 3 Collector Edition-gay
Saints Row 2- well thats good
Mirror's Edge-looks kinda good
Tomb Raider Underworld-gay
The Last Remnant-gay
Tales of Vesparia Collector Edition-gay
Infinate Undiscovery-gay
Rock Band 2 Bundle-gay
Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle-gay
Gears Of War 2 Collector Edition-gay

ok, those are purely my opinion but im not interested in any of those except saints 2

wasabi_
08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
lets see...
Lego Batman-gay
Left 4 Dead-gay
The Last Remnant-gay
Infinate Undiscovery-gay
Rock Band 2 Bundle-gay

ok, those are purely my opinion but im not interested in any of those except saints 2

Lol, calling all of those games gay. That just doesnt make any sense, and considering the reviews Mercenaries 2 got so far, I am sure 90% of the games on that list will be better.

You dont have to defend a game just because you have a signature advertising it :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
09-01-2008, 01:22 AM
lets see...
Lego Batman-gay
Left 4 Dead-gay
The Last Remnant-gay
Infinate Undiscovery-gay
Rock Band 2 Bundle-gay

The fact you use "gay" as an offense means nothing to me, so sorry. I like to broaden my gaming other than GTA style games

Steeps5
09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
The fact you use "gay" as an offense means nothing to me, so sorry. I like to broaden my gaming other than GTA style games

lol, ok i didnt mean it to be that much of an offense, im just saying im not interested in any of those games. only a couple of games that really interest me this holiday season.

And by the way, I just got the game today and I really like it, the explosions are amazing when you call in airstrikes. The open world gameplay is really fun and you can just do whatever you want. This time around your character automatically receives health over a period of time instead of only health packs. The vehicle choice is really nice with there being so many. The destruction is also one of the best features, you can destory absolutely everything.

wasabi_
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Anyone else have opinions on it, I am still sitting on the fence on this one.

Omen28
09-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I got it yesterday and I am 47 percent done with it and I think it is pretty good. I like it a lot. At least rent it, and you can decide whether its good or not.

RockTheCasba
09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
yeah i heard its really short tho. is that true?

Omen28
09-04-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah i heard its really short tho. is that true?

Yeah its kinda short. I just beat it yesterday. Not at 100 percent though but I beat the main storyline.

Steeps5
09-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Well there are so many things to do that this game will keep you occupied for a long time. A lot of extra missions and challenges AND the ability to just call in as many airstrikes as you want will keep you going with this. The airstrikes are amazing with how much detail is in the explosions of them. Can't wait till i get the nuke. :hail:

Omen28
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Well there are so many things to do that this game will keep you occupied for a long time. A lot of extra missions and challenges AND the ability to just call in as many airstrikes as you want will keep you going with this. The airstrikes are amazing with how much detail is in the explosions of them. Can't wait till i get the nuke. :hail:

The nuke is AMAZING!! Its pretty sick, I can buy one now for 1 million each.

THE CRABCRUSHER
10-09-2008, 11:12 AM
This game has been a definite must buy on my list for a while now. I mean just look at that nuke at the end. :eek: All the games that everyone seems to want im not really that interested in, gears 2 (too violent in my opinion), fable 2 (doesnt interest me), and others like it. I just think that this, endwar, and force unleashed are the games i will be getting this year.

This game is just going to be awesome on all levels, you had to play the first one to see that this is going to be a good game.

I have to agree Steeps i played the hell out of the first one just short of wearing it out it went to my little nephew who got my old xbox when i bought my new 360 i have been waiting for a Mercs 2 so when i found out it was here and i said this is a must!! So last SAT i went to gamestop and $23.00 later i had it . HOLY ***** what a game the graphics the game play is just an A$$ kicking game. No YOSEF like the first game these are all together different there is no different levels just one wide open level. You cant just run into another factions turf and steal a helicopter and the only way that you can steal it is to aquire a grapplin hook and shoot it at the copter.Well i won't say to much as far as game play but i will say this i just finished up call of duty 4 modern warefare and this mercs2 is more fun than that.:cheers::hardcore::hardcore::hardcore: