Clintman
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm totally going. Anyone else get in?

frag yo mamma 2
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
get in.. what? lol

Ainokeatoo
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Lmao X08 already? Jesus, how fast time passes when you don't pay attention. ****, I still remember X07

Clintman
08-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I've only heard great things about the last 2 X events, so I'm really pumped to be finally going. Here's a list I've compiled on what I want to play if they have it:

Fable 2
Fallout 3
Gears 2
RE5
Megaman 9
Castle Crashers
Bionic Commando
HAWX
MK vs DC
Spiderman
Street Fighter IV
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero 4
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Mercs 2
Dark Void
Dead Space
StarWars: The Force Unleashed
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty 5: World at War
Skate 2

And I'm gonna try and search for info regarding Duke Nukem Forever, Bioshock 2, the new Halo project and the new id horror game. Anything I've missed that you'd like to see?

CrazyCougar
08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Kamshaft-XBA will be there. I wasnt able to land a babysitter or I would have driven up as well.

Enamelized420
08-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Enjoy and do share pics and info on what you saw and got to play...

Variation-XBA
08-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I wish, I'm going to PAX instead this year

Clintman
08-20-2008, 09:01 PM
My friend told me that when he attended X06, they invited him to the GEars launch party where they gave him a copy for free. Hopefully I can get lucky with Gears of War2!

Ry
08-21-2008, 12:06 AM
When and where is it? I dont live too far away from KamShaft

CrazyCougar
08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Its in Toronto. But I am not sure what the entry process is or if its open to the public.

Ainokeatoo
08-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Its in Toronto. But I am not sure what the entry process is or if its open to the public.

Toronto? Holy hell :sleeping: Come to vegas! Damn you MS!

Clintman
08-21-2008, 12:06 PM
This is a Canadian event and is invite only.

Clintman
08-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Written for my main forum, enjoy.

So as some of you may know, I went to X08 today. I'm gonna go into details, so if you don't feel like reading, skip to the bottom bold text for a summery.

I arrived at CiRCA were the event was being held, and stood in line. As the crowd started to gather, I was thinking about how many odd people were here. I was thinking 'If I didn't know these people were here for the same reason as me, I would probably make fun of them'. Funny how games bring people together. Anyways, after waiting all by my lonesome and eavesdropping some conversations, my partner-in-games Jean showed up (better known as Raptor 15 to you vets) with his sister who was very cool. After some small talk with another attendee, we got in and right away I lost them.

I engaged in my first demo, which was Call of Duty 5. There were two levels in the demo, Eastern which was set in Berlin I believe, and some place ion the Pacific. I played the pacific, and it was really fun. It has the theme of Call of Duty 2, but the tightness and great looks of Modern Warfare. I had a chance to play co-op with Jean near the end of the event, which was a blast. The one we played was in the form of a competition, which racks up your points similar to Modern Warfare. The flame thrower was great fun to use, at one part inpeticular the enemy was hiding in the grass Guerrilla style, and I torched the bushes which set them all on fire. I don't think fans of the series will be disappointed.

From Call of Duty 5 I moved onto the Konami booth which was demoing Silent Hill 5. After watching the guy in front of me play the game like my ****ing grandmother, I took the controller and ***** slapped him (also like I would my grandmother). The first thing I noticed was how much better SH5 controlled compared to the previous titles. The movement was less stiff and robotic, and the combat was improved with the addition of a lock-on system. You access the inventory screen with the right bumped, which felt a lot more natural than pressing start or something. I can't say much about the atmosphere because it;s hard to get scared or really into a horror game when 200 people around you are talking into your ear and every other games audio is way louder than your TV. The setting I played in was typical Silent Hill, grungy hospital or prison, I wasn't sure which. I can easily say it will be the one Silent Hill I actually beat and enjoy.

I met back up with Jean and his sis, and we proceeded to head up a flight of stairs into the 'casual' gaming area, so to speak. They were showcasing games like Castle Crashers, Duke Nukem 3D, Lipz, Viva Pinata, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (which regrettably I didn't try), that movie camera game and the new Scene it, which we did try. Pretty typical Scene it, except it was much harder due to the fact that we couldn't hear the movie clips.

When we finished up with Scene it, we wondered upstairs and found the Gears of War 2 'lounge', where there was a lineup. We almost left, but Jean decided he wanted to get some video and I Wanted to check my loot bag. Our turn came and we sat in these really comfy chairs and picked up our (new red and black) controllers to play a bit of Multi. We were playing for a bit, and then it gets interesting.

A man sat next to me, who I didn't really pay attention to because I was getting into the game. He started to make little comments about the game, and I thought he was just one of the dudes showcasing the game. A little later, Jean leaned over and said to me "Dude, Cliffy B is sitting next to you!". I turned my head with disbelief, and after I did a double-take I realized that it was, in fact, the one and only Cliff Blizinski sitting right the **** next to me. I totally flipped and pulled out my Gears of War 2 print and asked him to sign it. He did, and then proceeded to tell me how much I sucked when I got killed. The last match came down to Jean and me fighting, with Cliff watching us. It was apparent that neither of us were about to lose the match in front of him, so it ended in a stalemate and we had to say goodbye to Gears and Cliff.

Gears 2 will surely not disappoint. It was the highlight of the event in terms of game play I think. The new features I did get to try were pretty cool, such as the grenades you can stick onto the walls, meat shields and crawling (I accidentally begged for mercy and Cliff laughed at me :( ). Not really a breakthrough in the gaming world, but they really make the difference in a game like Gears.

The 3 of us were feeling pretty hungry and thirsty (my mouth was parched in nervousness from the encounter), so we found the eating area and grabbed some drinks. We all had a burger and talked about what we'd seen so far. However, it was only about two bites before I realized I was eating a veggie burger. Gay.

From then on we just tried to see and play all the games we could. I'll just sum up the ones I can remember, because this is probably getting long. A lot of the games I wanted to play weren't being showcased, so I was kind of bummed.

Fallout 3:
No playable, just some guy playing it on the floor. Also wasn't allowed to take pictures.

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe:
Played against another attendee and kicked his ass with Batman. It has the feel of any other 3D MK game, which was a bit disappointing after playing great fighters such as Soul Calibur 4. Also I don't remember Batman ever doing the gayest scissor kick I've ever seen in my life.

Tom Clancy's EndWar:
There was only a guy showing the demo, but he was really cool and answered all of my questions while playing. Personally it got me interested, especially since the voice commands were still working perfectly despite all of the noise of the showroom. Also, there will be nukes.

Fracture:
Very interesting. The ground moving was pretty cool, except it became useless once I found out the enemies can shoot it down. It seems like a decent rent from what I Played (which admittedly wasn't enough to pass judgment, but I needed to let others try).

Fable 2:
Picked it up in the middle of the demo, so I didn't know what to do. I don;t want to say anything negative about it because I feel it would be unfair given the conditions. Played it for only a few minutes before I put it down.

Sonic Unleashed:
Surprisingly fun, despite some major slowdown issues at some parts. It was very fast paced and easy to play. The best part was watching Jean die at the same part, the exact same way, about 5 times in a row.

Pure:
Never heard of it until now, but it's an ATV game. It was fun, reminded me of Off Road Fury. But then again what ATV game doesn't.

The rest I didn't get to try but were there were Rockband 2 (hugeee wait), Guitar Hero 4, Spiderman, few sports games (Jean will probably tell you about them), and a few others.

To finish things up, I'm just gonna say it was a great time. Between meeting Raptor 15 (and his lovely sister) and Cliff Bleszinski, and playing so many games that the public hasn't touched yet, it was probably the highlight of my summer. I would like to thank Jade for giving me the chance to come, and Jean for getting me in! I would suggest going to X09 for any Canadian on here. Can't wait until next year!

PICTURES HERE! (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Pitcard/X08/)

Variation-XBA
08-22-2008, 12:35 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Pitcard/X08/Pictures2037.jpg

How much!? :O

Clintman
08-22-2008, 01:03 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Pitcard/X08/Pictures2037.jpg

How much!? :O

How much are you offering?

Variation-XBA
08-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Depends on how much you want :P

Clintman
08-22-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm probably not gonna sell it, it means too much to me. Not only does it mark my first gaming expo, but it's signed by the ****ing man himself.

P.S. Pub games is really addictive.

Ainokeatoo
08-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Tom Clancy's EndWar:
There was only a guy showing the demo, but he was really cool and answered all of my questions while playing. Personally it got me interested, especially since the voice commands were still working perfectly despite all of the noise of the showroom. Also, there will be nukes.

XD To bad I can't reveal info, but I'd give more, oh well. *was official EndWar beta tester*

CrazyCougar
08-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Me too, and I enjoyed End War.

Ainokeatoo
08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Me too, and I enjoyed End War.

Yeah it was fun, now I know as a general I would be unbeatable LMAO i'm serious, no one could beat me it was funny as hell, half hour game sessions because the other guy didn't want to give up, I loved being on the losing end at first then rise up and just smash the other guy.

Clintman
08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Also I was wondering if someone wanted me to maybe fix up my story to make it a bit more detailed and put it on the homepage?