PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question from a former Lurker

mrpunchy
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if you guys/gals could please give your opinion on these faceplates.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160271133108&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

At the top above the plastic of the faceplate there is usually Japanese writing with the name of the faceplate. In that picture of the sun faceplate I do not see any at all. I have never heard of that faceplate being re-released as a fake. In the pictures that I have seen from those faceplates and when I ordered the water puzzle from Play Asia it had that writing. The gentleman has the other faceplates on ebay and they clearly show that Japanese writing. As do the pictures on Tacohead's Sun.
Thoughts?

SpaceGhost2K
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if you guys/gals could please give your opinion on these faceplates.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160271133108&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

At the top above the plastic of the faceplate there is usually Japanese writing with the name of the faceplate. In that picture of the sun faceplate I do not see any at all. I have never heard of that faceplate being re-released as a fake. In the pictures that I have seen from those faceplates and when I ordered the water puzzle from Play Asia it had that writing. The gentleman has the other faceplates on ebay and they clearly show that Japanese writing. As do the pictures on Tacohead's Sun.
Thoughts?

I know there are UK sellers of these plates. I was under the impression that they were released in the UK as well, but I can't find any packaging without the Japanese text.

IMHO, if it's in the package, I think it's probably safe. Bootlegs are usually in cheap or no packaging. The only Asian knockoff I've seen of any of these plates is the Pink Bubbles plate.

mrpunchy
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. It matters to me somewhat but would not be a deal breaker.
Thanks you from the others like me that use this as a great resource but never really post anything. :)

Variation-XBA
08-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Ah the good ole Orange Swirl. I like the bubbles and the pink ones that go with this one.