PDA

View Full Version : RockBand2 or GH4?

Ninja Scroll
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I know this is probably an infinite debate that has probably been ran into the ground the past year in all videogame circles. Well, I for one never entertained these types of games until this past weekend for my birthday.

It was kinda weird, but I went to Hershey Park PA with my friend and she wanted to see some shows to mix things up at the park. So they had this 3:30pm musical show playing that was extremely terrible lyrically.
this one dude was on the guitar and was having the time of his life, and this lame concert at a theme park inspired me to be interested in these games.
Go f'n figure something this game influenced me! :watchout: Even though I am a hip-hop head, I have several rock/alternative CD's from Gun's N Roses Appitite for Destruction & both Use Your Illusions to Korn, and of course Nirvana.

I am very near pre-ordering RockBand2 for my 360 since it comes out 1st, and Harmonix is the originator for this genre.

Any reasons I should wait for the next Guitar Hero's in Oct/Nov?

The guitar for RB2 looks amazing! I know no matter which one I get I will probably look like a damn fool! :trippin:

ROCK ON!!!!!!!:hump:

HammeredKomodo
09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I started it off with wanting to get GH4 and then I saw the drums had the same circular notes as the guitar and laughed my ass off. Rock Band 2 FTW!

Cryogenic Pyro
09-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I started it off with wanting to get GH4 and then I saw the drums had the same circular notes as the guitar and laughed my ass off. Rock Band 2 FTW!
And what does that have to do with anything? I too, think they should have something different, but it's not as if Rock Band has different notes for the guitar and drums.

HammeredKomodo
09-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Well yeah but the circular notes are ridiculous enough for guitar, but for drums, too? Hahaha.

Fargoth
09-04-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm getting Rock Band 2 and my friend is getting Guitar Hero World Tour. And since the instruments are cross compatible. Double win for me.

l Maximus l
09-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't think you can go wrong either way, but, I have the first Rock Band and I'm cool with only getting Rock Band 2.

One thing that frustrates me about Guitar Hero is that you can't use the Rock Band Guitar for Guitar Hero; however, you can use the Guitar Hero Guitar for Rockband. So, the people at Rock Band don't seem to be in it to screw customers over by making you required to use only their guitar, like Guitar Hero does. So, to me, that alone makes me prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero.

I also dig the downloadable content - though, I admit, I haven't seen or do I know of Guitar Hero's situation regarding this. I wouldn't doubt that there is downloadable content, but, I'm not aware of it.

I freakin' love Rock Band, though, so, I'm getting Rock Band 2. I hope all of the songs from the original Rock Band will transfer over to Rock Band 2 (I definately need to check that).

Cryogenic Pyro
09-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't think you can go wrong either way, but, I have the first Rock Band and I'm cool with only getting Rock Band 2.

One thing that frustrates me about Guitar Hero is that you can't use the Rock Band Guitar for Guitar Hero; however, you can use the Guitar Hero Guitar for Rockband. So, the people at Rock Band don't seem to be in it to screw customers over by making you required to use only their guitar, like Guitar Hero does. So, to me, that alone makes me prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero.

I also dig the downloadable content - though, I admit, I haven't seen or do I know of Guitar Hero's situation regarding this. I wouldn't doubt that there is downloadable content, but, I'm not aware of it.

I freakin' love Rock Band, though, so, I'm getting Rock Band 2. I hope all of the songs from the original Rock Band will transfer over to Rock Band 2 (I definately need to check that).
All the songs from Rock Band indeed copy over to Rock Band 2.

I'm still not sure which I'll pick up. I'll get whatever has the higher quality instruments, because if the Rock Band 2 instruments are anything like the Rock Band instruments, they'll suck. I've played about 4 different sets of Rock Band instruments, and every single one of them has problems with the drumset.

wicked_d365
09-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Thats over with. The it was confirmed that the new instruments on both games will cross over.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/687127/Activision_Talks_Guitar_Hero_World_Tour.html

GH has alot of downloadable content, but not to the caliber of Rock Band. I am hearing that your GH3 songs will be able to carry over to World Tour. I am looking forward to playing the new Metallica next week. GH exclusive!

I have been playing GH since the beginning on PS2. Love them all. My old roommate use to have Rock Band. I really liked it. Started getting good at the drums, especially after a few beers.
I am still torn between the two, but I think I am going to buy the GH:WT bundle, and pick up a copy of RB2. I really like the new guitar GH has with the touch slide bar.
Edit: found this hands on a few mins ago, check it.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/688947/Guitar_Hero_World_Tour_PAX_Hands_On_Impressions.html#readmore

Edit 2: I forgot, GH:WT has music creator.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/882/882958p1.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9KPF7s-xA

Ninja Scroll
09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know if the quality of the instruments are any better than the other, and who do you all think has the best play list that has been announced thus far?

I'm really excited about RB2 getting the official 1st single from G'N'R's Chinese Democrosy that will probably never see the light of day.
Damn you Axl Rose!!! Make peace with Slash! :bang: Atleast he got rid of that KFC bucket wearing fool! :cheers:

Fargoth
09-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Does anyone know if the quality of the instruments are any better than the other, and who do you all think has the best play list that has been announced thus far?

I'm really excited about RB2 getting the official 1st single from G'N'R's Chinese Democrosy that will probably never see the light of day.
Damn you Axl Rose!!! Make peace with Slash! :bang: Atleast he got rid of that KFC bucket wearing fool! :cheers:

Buckethead is a good guitarist damnit!

And heres the answer to your question

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/industry_news/rock_band_2_better_instruments.html

l Maximus l
09-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Thanks, Pyro and Wicked...great info!

Well, with that said, just buy both! lol

Honestly, I may be the only guy on the planet that feels this way, but, I actually prefer the Rock Band guitar over the Guitar Hero guitar. I prefer the size, buttons, the overall feel - everything. I don't like how Guitar Hero has the fret buttons so far from eachother...and the GH guitar feels like I'm going to break it.

But, I also miss the old Original FATTY XBox controller, too, so....take that for what it's worth...lol

Cryogenic Pyro
09-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Buckethead is a good guitarist damnit!

And heres the answer to your question

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/industry_news/rock_band_2_better_instruments.html
After reading that over, I'm completely on the fence now. I was leaning towards GH:WT before.

The thing is, the guitar will get more usage with me, and I really do not like Rock Band's guitar at all. I much prefer my Xplorer.

y2kash_14
09-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Rock band's difficulty is rather weak once you begin to get good at the game. (I only speak of guitar)

After I beat rock band I never played it again. I only ever play it when other people want to play together. Guitar hero has always been the greater challenge, but I get the feeling they might dumb down the difficulty in the new game to make it more accessible.

Ninja Scroll
09-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Rock band's difficulty is rather weak once you begin to get good at the game. (I only speak of guitar)

After I beat rock band I never played it again. I only ever play it when other people want to play together. Guitar hero has always been the greater challenge, but I get the feeling they might dumb down the difficulty in the new game to make it more accessible.

Cool, for newbies to the genre like me! :hump:

And I read the link. I'm not too sold, because they didnt really make too much of any improvements on last years instruments. I heard about the drums breaking and things like that. I figured with the heated battle between these two games that leaps and bounds would have been made with the instruments.
I never picked up a RB guitar, but I did pick up a GH3 guitar at a BestBuy kiosk, and it felt light, and cheap. Does the RB guitar feel the same or better quality?
Man, I feel like true newb on this subject. :confused:

No one really answered the song playlist question?

Ainokeatoo
09-06-2008, 12:30 PM
GH all the way, I only played GHIII but I love it, rockband looks more, eh, to me. I dunno, just doesn't seem like something I would play, with the drums voice whatever ya know?

Omen28
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I really like Rock Band, but this year, now that Guitar Hero has drums and stuff. Where is the innovation for Rock Band? GH has the whole studio thing, whatever its called, battle of the bands, and new guitar and drums. So why buy Rock Band when its basically the same thing? I might be wrong but I haven't heard anything thats brand new for RB other than wireless guitar and the kool drums for like 300 dollars. So I will most likely buy GH and rent RB from gamefly cause I already have a bunch of guitars.

Fargoth
09-06-2008, 07:09 PM
After reading that over, I'm completely on the fence now. I was leaning towards GH:WT before.

The thing is, the guitar will get more usage with me, and I really do not like Rock Band's guitar at all. I much prefer my Xplorer.

They changed the rock band guitar. Its less "squishy". So the strumming is better.

y2kash_14
09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Rock band is doing a cool little thing where you can transfer ALL RB1 songs over to RB2...rendering RB1 useless.

Fargoth
09-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Do you have to pay for the transfer?

y2kash_14
09-07-2008, 03:42 AM
$5...$5 for the convenience of never having to switch discs :cheers:

Fargoth
09-07-2008, 10:57 AM
$5...$5 for the convenience of never having to switch discs :cheers:

Do I need rock band 1 to do that? Cause I don't.

BananaMan
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM

bucket head shreds man, he's studied musical theory ever since he was like 10 years old. i don't think axl could've picked a better guitarist as a replacement for slash.

if you're torn between both why not buy guitar hero 4 world tour band pack that includes the instruments, and then buy rock band 2 game only since the instruments are compatible with both games.

Cryogenic Pyro
09-07-2008, 03:47 PM
They changed the rock band guitar. Its less "squishy". So the strumming is better.
I don't mind the strumming on the current Rock Band guitar (though I do like my Xplorer's strumming better). It's the fret buttons I can't stand on it.

y2kash_14
09-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Do I need rock band 1 to do that? Cause I don't.

Yeah....you need RB1, rent it or borrow it from a friend. You just need it once.

Ninja Scroll
09-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah....you need RB1, rent it or borrow it from a friend. You just need it once.

That's a great idea! Too bad I dont have any friends that have this game. But I might someone try to get a copy of the original and pay the nickle for the transfer.
I think im really leaning towards RB2. Havent really heard anything to change my mind.

Fargoth
09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Cool, for newbies to the genre like me! :hump:

And I read the link. I'm not too sold, because they didnt really make too much of any improvements on last years instruments. I heard about the drums breaking and things like that. I figured with the heated battle between these two games that leaps and bounds would have been made with the instruments.
I never picked up a RB guitar, but I did pick up a GH3 guitar at a BestBuy kiosk, and it felt light, and cheap. Does the RB guitar feel the same or better quality?
Man, I feel like true newb on this subject. :confused:

No one really answered the song playlist question?

Confirmed GHWT songs

"About a Girl (Unplugged)" - Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (1994, 3:37)
"Aggro" - The Enemy - We'll Live and Die in These Towns (2007, 3:25)
"American Woman" - The Guess Who - American Woman (1970, 5:10)
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (1993, 3:32)
"Assassin" - Muse - Black Holes and Revelations (2006, 3:31)
"B.Y.O.B." - System of a Down - Mezmerize (2005, 4:17)
"Beat It" - Michael Jackson - Thriller (1983, 4:17)
"Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995, 4:16)
"Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz (1980, 4:56)
"Dammit" - Blink-182 - Dude Ranch (1997, 2:45)
"Demolition Man" - The Police - Ghost in the Machine (1981, 5:57)
"Escuela de Calor" - Radio Futura - La ley del desierto, la ley del mar (1984, 3:31)
"Everlong" - Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (1997, 4:10)
"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (1982, 4:06)
"Feel the Pain" - Dinosaur Jr. - Without a Sound (1994, 4:17)
"Float On" - Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News (2004, 3:28)
"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977, 3:43)
"Good God" - Anouk - Who's Your Momma (2007, 2:36)
"Hail to the Freaks" - Beatsteaks - .limbo messiah (2007, 3:13)
"Heartbreaker" - Pat Benatar - In the Heat of the Night (1979, 3:29)
"Hollywood Nights" - Bob Seger - Stranger in Town (1978, 4:59)
"Hot for Teacher" - Van Halen - 1984 (1984, 4:44)
"Hotel California" - The Eagles - Hotel California (1976, 6:30)
"In the End" - Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (2001, 3:36)
"Kick Out the Jams" (rerecorded) - MC5 - Kick Out the Jams (1969/2008, 2:52)
L'Via L'Viaquez" - Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (2005, 12:22)
"La Bamba" - Los Lobos - La Bamba Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1987, 2:52)
"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups - Carnavas (2006, 5:54)
"Light My Fire" - The Doors - The Doors (1967, 7:06)
"Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet (1986, 4:09)
"Love Me Two Times" - The Doors - Strange Days (1967, 3:16)
"Love Removal Machine" - The Cult - Electric (1987, 4:17)
"Misery Business" - Paramore - Riot! (2007, 3:32)
"Monsoon" - Tokio Hotel - Scream (2007, 4:05)
"Mr. Crowley" - Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz (1980, 4:55)
"Never Too Late" - The Answer - Rise (2006, 3:56)
"No Sleep till Brooklyn" - Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill (1987, 4:09)
"Nuvole e Lenzuola" - Negramaro - Mentre Tutto Scorre (2006, 3:19)
"Obstacle 1" - Interpol - Turn On the Bright Lights (2002, 4:11)
"One Armed Scissor" - At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command (2000, 4:19)
"One Way or Another" - Blondie - Parallel Lines (1979, 3:31)
"Our Truth" - Lacuna Coil - Karmacode (2006, 4:03)
"Overkill" (rerecorded) - Motorhead - Overkill (1979/2008, 5:12)
"Parabola" - Tool - Lateralus (2002, 9:07)
"Pretty Vacant" (rerecorded) - Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bullocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (1977/2007, 3:15)
"Prisoner of Society" - The Living End - The Living End (1998, 3:54)
"Purple Haze (live)" - Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced (1967, 2:50)
"Rebel Yell" - Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (1984, 3:43)
"Rooftops" - Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission (2006, 4:11)
"Santeria" - Sublime - Sublime (1996, 3:03)
"Schism" - Tool - Lateralus (2001, 6:46)
"Scream Aim Fire" - Bullet for My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire (2007, 4:26)
"Shiver" - Coldplay - Parachutes (2000, 5:02)
"Some Might Say" - Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995, 5:28)
"Spiderwebs" - No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom (1996, 4:27)
"Stranglehold" - Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent (1975, 8:22)
"Stillborn" - Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride (2003, 3:15)
"The Joker" - Steve Miller Band - The Joker (1973, 4:41)
"The Wind Cries Mary" - Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced (1967, 3:20)
"Today" - Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993, 3:21)
"Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" - Airbourne - Runnin' Wild (2007, 3:42)
"Toy Boy" - Stuck In the Sound - Nevermind the Living Dead (2006, 4:25)
"Trapped Under Ice" - Metallica - Ride the Lightning (1984, 4:04)
"Up Around the Bend" - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory (1970, 2:41)
"Vicarious" - Tool - 10,000 Days (2006, 7:06)
"VinterNoll 2" - Kent - Vapen & ammunition (2002, ?)
"Weapon of Choice" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81 (2007, 2:49)
"What I've Done" - Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (2007, 3:25)
"You're Gonna Say Yeah!" - Hushpuppies - The Trap (2005, 3:11)
Song(s) by 311
Song(s) by Dream Theater
Song(s) by Jane's Addiction
Song(s) by Jimmy Eat World
Song(s) by Korn
Song(s) by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Song(s) by NOFX
Song(s) by R.E.M.
Song(s) by Rise Against
Song(s) by Steely Dan
Song(s) by Stone Roses
Song(s) by Willie Nelson
Song(s) by Wings

Confirmed list of RB2

Abnormality - "Visions"
AC/DC - "Let There Be Rock"
AFI - "Girl's Gone Grey"
Alanis Morissette - "You Oughta Know"
Alice in Chains - "Man in the Box"
Allman Brothers - "Ramblin' Man"
Anarchy Club - "Get Clean"
Avenged Sevenfold - "Almost Easy"
Bad Company - "Shooting Star"
Bang Camaro - "Night Lies"
Beastie Boys - "So Watcha Want"
Beck - "E-pro"
Bikini Kill - "Rebel Girl"
Billy Idol - "White Wedding Pt. I "
Blondie - "One Way or Another"
Bob Dylan - "Tangled Up in Blue"
Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer"
Breaking Wheel - "Shoulder to the Plow"
Cheap Trick - "Hello There"
Devo - "Uncontrollable Urge"
Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel the Pain"
Disturbed - "Down with the Sickness"
Dream Theater - "Panic Attack "
Duran Duran - "Hungry Like the Wolf"
Elvis Costello - "Pump it Up"
Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
Foo Fighters - "Everlong "
Guns N' Roses - "Shackler's Revenge"
Interpol - "PDA"
Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
Jethro Tull - "Aqualung"
Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
Joan Jett - "Bad Reputation"
Journey - "Anyway You Want It"
Judas Priest - "Painkiller"
Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"
L7 - "Pretend We're Dead"
Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
Libyans - "Neighborhood"
Linkin Park - "One Step Closer"
Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"
Lush - "De-Luxe"
Mastodon - "Colony of Birchmen"
Megadeth - "Peace Sells"
Metallica - "Battery"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Where'd You Go"
Modest Mouse - "Float On"
Motorhead - "Ace of Spades "
Nirvana - "Drain You"
Norman Greenbaum - "Spirit in the Sky "
Panic at the Disco - "Nine in the Afternoon"
Paramore - "That's What You Get"
Pearl Jam - "Alive"
Presidents of the United States of America - "Lump"
Rage Against the Machine - "Testify"
Ratt - "Round & Round"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give it Away "
Rise Against - "Give it All"
Rush - "The Trees"
Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
Social Distortion - "I Was Wrong"
Sonic Youth - "Teenage Riot"
Soundgarden - "Spoonman"
Speck - "Conventional Lover"
Squeeze - "Cool for Cats"
Steely Dan - "Bodhitsattva"
Steve Miller Band - "Rock'n Me"
Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey "
Talking Heads - "Psycho Killer"
Tenacious D - "Master Exploder"
Testament - "Souls of Black"
That Handsome Devil - "Rob the Prez-o-Dent"
The Donnas - "New Kid in School"
The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
The Grateful Dead - "Alabama Getaway"
The Guess Who - "American Woman"
The Main Drag - "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter"
The Muffs - "Kids in America "
The Offspring - "Come Out & Play"
The Replacements - "Alex Chilton"
The Sterns - "Supreme Girl"
The Who - "Pinball Wizard "

MASTER EXPLODER!!!!!!!!!!1

Variation-XBA
09-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I refuse to choose until you add a "get both" option, cause that's what I'm doing :p

Ninja Scroll
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Confirmed GHWT songs

"About a Girl (Unplugged)" - Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (1994, 3:37)
"Aggro" - The Enemy - We'll Live and Die in These Towns (2007, 3:25)
"American Woman" - The Guess Who - American Woman (1970, 5:10)
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (1993, 3:32)
"Assassin" - Muse - Black Holes and Revelations (2006, 3:31)
"B.Y.O.B." - System of a Down - Mezmerize (2005, 4:17)
"Beat It" - Michael Jackson - Thriller (1983, 4:17)
"Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995, 4:16)
"Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz (1980, 4:56)
"Dammit" - Blink-182 - Dude Ranch (1997, 2:45)
"Demolition Man" - The Police - Ghost in the Machine (1981, 5:57)
"Escuela de Calor" - Radio Futura - La ley del desierto, la ley del mar (1984, 3:31)
"Everlong" - Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (1997, 4:10)
"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (1982, 4:06)
"Feel the Pain" - Dinosaur Jr. - Without a Sound (1994, 4:17)
"Float On" - Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News (2004, 3:28)
"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977, 3:43)
"Good God" - Anouk - Who's Your Momma (2007, 2:36)
"Hail to the Freaks" - Beatsteaks - .limbo messiah (2007, 3:13)
"Heartbreaker" - Pat Benatar - In the Heat of the Night (1979, 3:29)
"Hollywood Nights" - Bob Seger - Stranger in Town (1978, 4:59)
"Hot for Teacher" - Van Halen - 1984 (1984, 4:44)
"Hotel California" - The Eagles - Hotel California (1976, 6:30)
"In the End" - Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (2001, 3:36)
"Kick Out the Jams" (rerecorded) - MC5 - Kick Out the Jams (1969/2008, 2:52)
L'Via L'Viaquez" - Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (2005, 12:22)
"La Bamba" - Los Lobos - La Bamba Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1987, 2:52)
"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups - Carnavas (2006, 5:54)
"Light My Fire" - The Doors - The Doors (1967, 7:06)
"Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet (1986, 4:09)
"Love Me Two Times" - The Doors - Strange Days (1967, 3:16)
"Love Removal Machine" - The Cult - Electric (1987, 4:17)
"Misery Business" - Paramore - Riot! (2007, 3:32)
"Monsoon" - Tokio Hotel - Scream (2007, 4:05)
"Mr. Crowley" - Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz (1980, 4:55)
"Never Too Late" - The Answer - Rise (2006, 3:56)
"No Sleep till Brooklyn" - Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill (1987, 4:09)
"Nuvole e Lenzuola" - Negramaro - Mentre Tutto Scorre (2006, 3:19)
"Obstacle 1" - Interpol - Turn On the Bright Lights (2002, 4:11)
"One Armed Scissor" - At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command (2000, 4:19)
"One Way or Another" - Blondie - Parallel Lines (1979, 3:31)
"Our Truth" - Lacuna Coil - Karmacode (2006, 4:03)
"Overkill" (rerecorded) - Motorhead - Overkill (1979/2008, 5:12)
"Parabola" - Tool - Lateralus (2002, 9:07)
"Pretty Vacant" (rerecorded) - Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bullocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (1977/2007, 3:15)
"Prisoner of Society" - The Living End - The Living End (1998, 3:54)
"Purple Haze (live)" - Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced (1967, 2:50)
"Rebel Yell" - Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (1984, 3:43)
"Rooftops" - Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission (2006, 4:11)
"Santeria" - Sublime - Sublime (1996, 3:03)
"Schism" - Tool - Lateralus (2001, 6:46)
"Scream Aim Fire" - Bullet for My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire (2007, 4:26)
"Shiver" - Coldplay - Parachutes (2000, 5:02)
"Some Might Say" - Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995, 5:28)
"Spiderwebs" - No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom (1996, 4:27)
"Stranglehold" - Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent (1975, 8:22)
"Stillborn" - Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride (2003, 3:15)
"The Joker" - Steve Miller Band - The Joker (1973, 4:41)
"The Wind Cries Mary" - Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced (1967, 3:20)
"Today" - Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993, 3:21)
"Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" - Airbourne - Runnin' Wild (2007, 3:42)
"Toy Boy" - Stuck In the Sound - Nevermind the Living Dead (2006, 4:25)
"Trapped Under Ice" - Metallica - Ride the Lightning (1984, 4:04)
"Up Around the Bend" - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory (1970, 2:41)
"Vicarious" - Tool - 10,000 Days (2006, 7:06)
"VinterNoll 2" - Kent - Vapen & ammunition (2002, ?)
"Weapon of Choice" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81 (2007, 2:49)
"What I've Done" - Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (2007, 3:25)
"You're Gonna Say Yeah!" - Hushpuppies - The Trap (2005, 3:11)
Song(s) by 311
Song(s) by Dream Theater
Song(s) by Jane's Addiction
Song(s) by Jimmy Eat World
Song(s) by Korn
Song(s) by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Song(s) by NOFX
Song(s) by R.E.M.
Song(s) by Rise Against
Song(s) by Steely Dan
Song(s) by Stone Roses
Song(s) by Willie Nelson
Song(s) by Wings

Confirmed list of RB2

Abnormality - "Visions"
AC/DC - "Let There Be Rock"
AFI - "Girl's Gone Grey"
Alanis Morissette - "You Oughta Know"
Alice in Chains - "Man in the Box"
Allman Brothers - "Ramblin' Man"
Anarchy Club - "Get Clean"
Avenged Sevenfold - "Almost Easy"
Bad Company - "Shooting Star"
Bang Camaro - "Night Lies"
Beastie Boys - "So Watcha Want"
Beck - "E-pro"
Bikini Kill - "Rebel Girl"
Billy Idol - "White Wedding Pt. I "
Blondie - "One Way or Another"
Bob Dylan - "Tangled Up in Blue"
Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer"
Breaking Wheel - "Shoulder to the Plow"
Cheap Trick - "Hello There"
Devo - "Uncontrollable Urge"
Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel the Pain"
Disturbed - "Down with the Sickness"
Dream Theater - "Panic Attack "
Duran Duran - "Hungry Like the Wolf"
Elvis Costello - "Pump it Up"
Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
Foo Fighters - "Everlong "
Guns N' Roses - "Shackler's Revenge"
Interpol - "PDA"
Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
Jethro Tull - "Aqualung"
Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
Joan Jett - "Bad Reputation"
Journey - "Anyway You Want It"
Judas Priest - "Painkiller"
Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"
L7 - "Pretend We're Dead"
Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
Libyans - "Neighborhood"
Linkin Park - "One Step Closer"
Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"
Lush - "De-Luxe"
Mastodon - "Colony of Birchmen"
Megadeth - "Peace Sells"
Metallica - "Battery"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Where'd You Go"
Modest Mouse - "Float On"
Motorhead - "Ace of Spades "
Nirvana - "Drain You"
Norman Greenbaum - "Spirit in the Sky "
Panic at the Disco - "Nine in the Afternoon"
Paramore - "That's What You Get"
Pearl Jam - "Alive"
Presidents of the United States of America - "Lump"
Rage Against the Machine - "Testify"
Ratt - "Round & Round"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give it Away "
Rise Against - "Give it All"
Rush - "The Trees"
Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
Social Distortion - "I Was Wrong"
Sonic Youth - "Teenage Riot"
Soundgarden - "Spoonman"
Speck - "Conventional Lover"
Squeeze - "Cool for Cats"
Steely Dan - "Bodhitsattva"
Steve Miller Band - "Rock'n Me"
Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey "
Talking Heads - "Psycho Killer"
Tenacious D - "Master Exploder"
Testament - "Souls of Black"
That Handsome Devil - "Rob the Prez-o-Dent"
The Donnas - "New Kid in School"
The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
The Grateful Dead - "Alabama Getaway"
The Guess Who - "American Woman"
The Main Drag - "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter"
The Muffs - "Kids in America "
The Offspring - "Come Out & Play"
The Replacements - "Alex Chilton"
The Sterns - "Supreme Girl"
The Who - "Pinball Wizard "

MASTER EXPLODER!!!!!!!!!!1

I think RockBand2 will be the winner for me! :cool: I'm going to get the bundle. I'll have to hit up BestBuy first thing Sunday morning because that is Football day and Fantasy Football is my life right about now.

btw, why da hell the bundle $189.99!? :watchout: Last years joint was a little cheaper! Greedy bastards!

wicked_d365
09-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I think RockBand2 will be the winner for me! :cool: I'm going to get the bundle. I'll have to hit up BestBuy first thing Sunday morning because that is Football day and Fantasy Football is my life right about now.

btw, why da hell the bundle $189.99!? :watchout: Last years joint was a little cheaper! Greedy bastards!

bigger drum kit

y2kash_14
09-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't forget Low by Flo Rida is confirmed for GH:WT :cool:

wicked_d365
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Don't forget Low by Flo Rida is confirmed for GH:WT :cool:
for real, Why?

y2kash_14
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Because Travis Barker is a part of GH:WT...

It's this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnzXTGn3i58

wicked_d365
09-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Ok, that's cool as hell, I will definitely be playing the hell out of that one. i liked the song originally, but the rock version is sick:yikes:

Ninja Scroll
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
bigger drum kit

But is it better? Bigger doesnt mean better (no homo). Really, that is not a good enough reason. I demand a price drop before release! :D

Is this confirmed for RB2? I just peeped the video, dude f'n ripped it! :cool: Is Blink 182 ever getting back together, like are they officially broken up?
From what I remember they just said they were taking time away from each other for awhile.

Do you all think Travis is a great drummer?

I wonder if they song is going to be on the game how the hardcore rock fans will feel since they probably dont wan T-Pain ass on there game. LOL!

Damn, the youtube video has over 7.5 million views! No way! No f'n way!

wicked_d365
09-10-2008, 04:02 PM
But is it better? Bigger doesnt mean better (no homo). Really, that is not a good enough reason. I demand a price drop before release! :D
It is supposed to be better than the first kit, Better construction, more pads, and alot quitter.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/2701831468_c651f700a6.jpg?v=0

Is this confirmed for RB2? I just peeped the video, dude f'n ripped it! :cool: Is Blink 182 ever getting back together, like are they officially broken up?
From what I remember they just said they were taking time away from each other for awhile.
Noone knows about Blink. I wish they would do some more, but their last cd was weaksause.

Do you all think Travis is a great drummer?
Yes, Travis is a badass when it comes to drumming. I've seen him live with Blink, and The Transplants, the dude rocks.

I wonder if they song is going to be on the game how the hardcore rock fans will feel since they probably dont wan T-Pain ass on there game. LOL!
I was not feeling a rap song on GH, but after hearing it's a rock version, I'm down with it.