PDA

View Full Version : Chat Lounge?

Kamshaft
09-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Should we keep that part of the site? Or can it?

SamSmith
09-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Voted yes. Obviously, it's not getting the use it deserves... but for one off events like, say, competitions - etc - it could prove to be a great way of getting people together, and appropriate medium for competing in... erm, whatever is going on.

How 'bout we stage some fun quizes etc on the chat room. Everyone invited, we could advertise it through the main page even.

One staff member has a host of pre selected questions, some kinda first to answer gets the points system.

Perhaps some non perishable / expendable prize. A sig or something....

KK rant over, you get my drift.

Shawn-XBA
09-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I like the chat lounge, but it doesn't get used much at all. I would like to see a chat box at the top of the forum pages, I think if it was there it would be used much more.

I voted yes, but with the change I noted above.

Slowride
09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
I like the chat lounge, but it doesn't get used much at all. I would like to see a chat box at the top of the forum pages, I think if it was there it would be used much more.

I voted yes, but with the change I noted above.

That would be .......cool. I think.....:confused:

I say we keep the chat room. In fact ima go in there right now!!

Fargoth
09-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I like it but hardly anyone goes in :(

wasabi_
09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
there's a chat lounge?

maybe if it was more noticeable people would use it?

ShannonX
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Back years ago when I was still on staff, the staff used a real IRC client to connect to the chat system we had back then. We had those quiz scripts that we could kick off and people could try and answer the questions first and get point totals, etc... There was usually always 3 or 4 people chatting in there, if not more. (plus all those giveaways like the BAG several years back were crazy fun)

I don't use chat anymore for the most part, but I'd probably vote to keep it.

Ninja Scroll
09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't really have a vote to keep it or let it go,.. I mean, if it's not really costing you to keep it then why not. Doesnt hurt to have it as an option here.
I think things have changed. You have instant messaging, text messaging, 360 mic to chat w/ friends on XBL. Plus I think most people just prefer to do their talking in the forums.

The chat will not get any love unless your doing something to benefit the members. Like prizes/contest. I know I personally have no interest in visiting the chat,.. I mean why would I? For the XBA friends I have I will normally communicate with them through XBL either by chat on the mic or messages whether it's voice or txt.

Just my opinion, ya dig!:cheers:

Ninjermy
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
LONG LIVE CHATROOM TRIVIA! and the chatroom itself!

Variation-XBA
09-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I check every now and then and no one is either in it, or just afking anyways