PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy?

Clintman
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I preordered The Force Unleashed, but I don't really want it anymore. Now I'm stuck deciding which game I should get instead. I'm thinking of going with Pure or Viva Pinata, but I want suggestions. You can suggest old or new games, as long as their worth the cash.

wasabi_
09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty 4 (If you dont have it already)
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Unreal
09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I would go with Pure. If you have not downloaded it yet. Its on XBLM for download. I believe it's 1.3 gigs.

Fargoth
09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I agree with wasabi_ or a rhythm game.

Kamshaft
09-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I've played PURE and Viva. Not just the demos... it just depends what you like.

Racing - 16 players online.

OR

Building gardens with a friend and trading Pinatas.

Personally if I only had to choose one....it would be PURE.

Go download both demos, that should help you make up your mind, that's what they are there for.
;)

frag yo mamma 2
09-07-2008, 12:04 PM
left 4 dead. i am. i also tho put a reserve on Midnight club LA... which i regret :(

Shawn-XBA
09-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I agree with wasabi_'s picks, I have all of those pre-ordered. Call of Duty 4 is a must have. I also recommend getting Pure over Viva Pinata.

Variation-XBA
09-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Out of those two? Probably Pure, but there is much more coming in the next few months

Omen28
09-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Between those two I would get PURE. It looks pretty sick and I love the demo. It just depends on what games you like.

wicked_d365
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Of the two, Pure. I would hold out and get Gears of Fallout. More bang for your buck. But Viva is only going to be 39.99. All Rare games are going to launch at that.

Unreal
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Go download both demos, that should help you make up your mind, that's what they are there for.
;)
I didn't know there was a demo for Viva?

GamerSince'76
09-09-2008, 05:38 AM
IMHO get Gears if you don't already have it. I checked out L4D and it looks boring. I think mindlessly shooting endless zombies will get old fast. You could wait for Gears 2, CoD WaW, or BIA HH.

wasabi_
09-09-2008, 05:25 PM
IMHO get Gears if you don't already have it. I checked out L4D and it looks boring. I think mindlessly shooting endless zombies will get old fast. You could wait for Gears 2, CoD WaW, or BIA HH.

L4D is Valve. You cant go wrong with Valve. Valve is one of the last great game companies, everything they put out is gold.

And L4D isnt just shooting endless zombies, you are trying to escape, you have to do objectives and whatnot.

GamerSince'76
09-09-2008, 05:42 PM
L4D is Valve. You cant go wrong with Valve. Valve is one of the last great game companies, everything they put out is gold.

And L4D isnt just shooting endless zombies, you are trying to escape, you have to do objectives and whatnot.

Hopefully it's more than just endless shooting. That's what the trailers showed. I would rather the game have a good SP mode and online than be geared for online with SP thrown in.

wasabi_
09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Hopefully it's more than just endless shooting. That's what the trailers showed. I would rather the game have a good SP mode and online than be geared for online with SP thrown in.

Valve games tend to be multi-player only, single player through bots.

Counter Strike
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress

But they are all still games that are in the upper 5% of games made these days. Honestly, Ive been playing variations of counterstrike since like 2001. I guess I just have a valve bias.

Ainokeatoo
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Star wars the force unleashed demo wasn't 'the' best game I played so far, but of the star wars area, it's the best I have played in a long time. I like hack 'n slash games like the new force unleashed.

Though of the two I would suggest pure, if you don't feel like building a zoo like thingy where people can build areas and raise pinata's, then go with pure. Or you can go with the zoo like thingy and build a things, you can play some fruity ATV racing game. (didn't like the PURE demo)

GamerSince'76
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I wish they would make a Star wars game based on the original movie. A Rebel Assault game like the GC had would be great too.

wasabi_
09-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I wish they would make a Star wars game based on the original movie. A Rebel Assault game like the GC had would be great too.

Id prefer some Star Wars games set in different time periods, such as KOTOR. They could set in after the movies or before the movies, just make it a while after or before.

This would give the creators some creativity and wont turn it into a typical movie game. It will be an entity of its own much like KOTOR, still had Star Wars flavor but wasnt a movie game.

I for one think before KOTOR and thousands of years after the movies would be interesting.

Fargoth
09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Id prefer some Star Wars games set in different time periods, such as KOTOR. They could set in after the movies or before the movies, just make it a while after or before.

This would give the creators some creativity and wont turn it into a typical movie game. It will be an entity of its own much like KOTOR, still had Star Wars flavor but wasnt a movie game.

I for one think before KOTOR and thousands of years after the movies would be interesting.
I agree but I like way before also.

brozz
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
A very fun, yet under rated game is The Darkness.
Its low priced, and a blast to play.

xGAMERSKREWx
09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
A very fun, yet under rated game is The Darkness.
Its low priced, and a blast to play.But no one plays online its a good SP game

y2kash_14
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Get Viva Pinata. If you're into PC gaming, Spore has just been released and I've been quite addicted to it lately.

GamerSince'76
09-10-2008, 05:19 PM
IMHO The Darkness was a huge letdown. Crawl along at a snails pace, poke light. Crawl along at a snails pace, poke light....:confused:

Clintman
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I ended up going with Rock Band 2, but thatnks for the suggestions.

Also, how is Left 4 Dead any more mindless than Gears? You shoot, shoot, run, shoot, shoot. I'm really looking forward to both though, and I would have definitely pre-ordered one of them if I could only get one game. But thanks to the job I'm getting in October, I'll have enough money for Gears, Fallout, Left 4 Dead and Fable.