PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a 3 year Extended Service Contract from MS

GamerSince'76
09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
With the service contract starting after my regular 1 year expires, I am covered for 4 years. MS will either email me or send me something in writing but they gave me Reference numbers so it's all good. I'll be covered until September 2012. Yay. Hope I never need it though. The good thing is you don't have to buy another service contract if you send your console in. Cost me $81.90 CDN.

frag yo mamma 2
09-08-2008, 01:10 AM
swetness, i did same thing :D

GamerSince'76
09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
It was about the cost of one game and I like the fact that I'm covered for a total of 4 years no matter how many repairs. Hopefully none though.

The service rep said that I would not believe how few people actually buy the extended service contract. I think with most electronics, it's worth getting as long as it's not too expensive or one repair doesn't void the contract. With MS, it's cheap and you are covered no matter what.

Man did I miss not having a 360. I'll take a pic of my new setup in the next few days.

The Elite is a super deal now at $399. 120GB HD, wireless controller, wireless headset and they even throw in an HDMI cable. :cheers:

frag yo mamma 2
09-08-2008, 02:16 AM
ya sucks i just got mine right before that deal :(

congrats tho!!! :D

Omen28
09-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Yeah I got mine with Best Buy and did the extended warranty and it paid off. I got the red rings and just took it in and got another one. And not only did I get a new one I also paid the 50 dollar difference between the regular and elite so I could get an elite. because I only had a regular one. So I pretty much just traded it in for the elite and only had to pay 50 bucks.

Fargoth
09-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Nice. I bought a extended. I heard too much of the RRoD

Kamshaft
09-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I should do the same.
:rolleyes:

Enamelized420
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I did the same thing with my console when I purchased it.. I figured that way I'm still covered after the normal MS warrent yruns out. Worth the money spent

frag yo mamma 2
09-08-2008, 06:49 PM
yes i got mine at best buy, i have a few friends who work there and they said they will do u good when it comes to the warranties. :) so i got it, the mgr. (yes we said we wanted to converse with him) said that if anything happens, to the elite, or the gaming pc we got, bring it in and they will hand over a new one. with the pc, even if its our fault! was like 300 dollaz but beats buyin a new 1600 laptop ya???? plus, the guy in the back said in a year, break it! bring it in every year for 3 years, and u'll have a new laptop lmao

GamerSince'76
09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Worst warranty I ever had was from a store called Compucentre. I read the small print of the warranty and I had to mail my Xbox to Ottawa if it broke. The customer paid postage to ship it there. They paid postage back.