PDA

View Full Version : XboxAddict.com PAX reunion

Kamshaft
09-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Variation and I spoke about getting the XBA gang (Maximus, Mattgame, laughs ...just to name a few) to goto PAX in August 2009.

A few here at XBA, like myself, CrazyCougar and a few others wanna see this happen.

For those interested in going. Post here.

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/

Confirmed
Kamshaft
Variation
Maximus
CrazyCougar

Maybes
Omen28
SodaJones
Thashadyone
LINKINPARK8591
Slowride
Silent

Fargoth
09-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Ah... One day I can join in with all the fun. 3 more years.

Omen28
09-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Let me guess, you have to be 18 to go?

Fargoth
09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Let me guess, you have to be 18 to go?

Parents wouldn't let me go. so I have to be 18.

Omen28
09-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Parents wouldn't let me go. so I have to be 18.

Wait, so you(in general) don't have to be 18 to go to PAX? Would XBA let me go if I am under 18?

Variation-XBA
09-12-2008, 11:23 PM
There is no age limit at PAX, but if you want in the quite spectacular after parties, you need to be of legal drinking age.

I am 100% going for this unless something unforseen and drastic come up, but if Laughs comfirms coming, I will skip my mothers funeral for him *swoon*

Let's do what we can guys, get XBA to PAX next year!

Omen28
09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
There is no age limit at PAX, but if you want in the quite spectacular after parties, you need to be of legal drinking age.

I am 100% going for this unless something unforseen and drastic come up, but if Laughs comfirms coming, I will skip my mothers funeral for him *swoon*

Let's do what we can guys, get XBA to PAX next year!

Well I guess I won't go then, I will only be 17 when you guys go. My mom would probably let me go but if you have to be, or is a good thing to be at drinking age then I guess I shouldn't go. I will just go cry in a corner for a few years then hibernate the rest until I am 21.

Variation-XBA
09-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Well I guess I won't go then, I will only be 17 when you guys go. My mom would probably let me go but if you have to be, or is a good thing to be at drinking age then I guess I shouldn't go. I will just go cry in a corner for a few years then hibernate the rest until I am 21.

No, drinking has nothing to do with PAX. you can go to PAX and do whatever you want, but for us that come a long way, we like to party at night, that's all~

LAUGHS, CONFIRM OR DIE

Omen28
09-12-2008, 11:36 PM
No, drinking has nothing to do with PAX. you can go to PAX and do whatever you want, but for us that come a long way, we like to party at night, that's all~

LAUGHS, CONFIRM OR DIE

Oh ok, i will go and see the games and ****. then when you guys go and party and get **** faced, I will go cry in a corner for the rest of the time.

laughs
09-13-2008, 10:32 AM
2009/10 will be my last year of skool... unforunaatly I'l B wurkin me ass of that sumer and safin evey penny four the upcoming skol year. Maybe I'l win the loto dough. I wood luf to do it, but me don't tinx I'l be able to dis year. I definiitly will take place in futur wons dough. Can't wate to make love two each and eveyone of U.

Variation-XBA
09-13-2008, 11:10 AM
No Laughs, that is not acceptable. You are coming and that is final, so plan now.

Don't make me make a "Get Laughs to PAX" fundraiser going

JarkMan
09-13-2008, 12:03 PM
where exactly is pax being held cause ill be 18 next month so i can go next year

ChessPieceFace
09-13-2008, 12:25 PM
So its in Seattle ? Nice ! I'll I got first on Maximus's sofa.

l Maximus l
09-13-2008, 12:57 PM
It's in Seattle? Well then...count me in! As long as something is driving distance, I can roll. The wife would kill me if I had to jump on a plane to go to something about video games...lol

BBQ at my house!

Slowride
09-13-2008, 05:07 PM
would be nice.....and expensive.

Kamshaft
09-13-2008, 05:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken. Everything is on the web site. Start reading, you got about 11 months.
:p

Omen28
09-13-2008, 05:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken. Everything is on the web site. Start reading, you got about 11 months.
:p

So can anyone go with you guys or is it only a select few?

Kamshaft
09-13-2008, 06:41 PM

It's open to anyone that comes here, and people that would like to meet anyone from here. You can come!
:cheers:

thAshAdyOne
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Ahem...I'm down...damn diggetty

Omen28
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
It's open to anyone that comes here, and people that would like to meet anyone from here. You can come!
:cheers:

Sweet, Im down. I live in northern Cali too so plane tickets shouldn't be too much. And I would love to meet the creator of this fine establishment. Plus I want to get into game development so it would be good to go.

l Maximus l
09-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Please tell me that some of you guys are at least in your mid 20s...lol

OBL infad3ll
09-13-2008, 10:58 PM
age really doest matter if your just going to the expo. and its at the seattle convention center which is only like 20 minutes from the airport, and is surrounded by hotels. ill be there next year sense im in washington, but it was really fun this year!! Hopefully ill have more than 3 posts by then!!

Fargoth
09-13-2008, 11:57 PM

Gotta love the feeling of having friends that are teens. Makes you feel good about yourself and your self esteem.

Slowride
09-14-2008, 12:11 AM

I'm in my mid 20s. Ideally I could join y'all.....we'll see how the finances work out over the coming months.

l Maximus l
09-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Gotta love the feeling of having friends that are teens. Makes you feel good about yourself and your self esteem.

hahaha! It's not that, I just want to be able to head out a grab some brewskies while chillin' with XBA Brethren!

Variation-XBA
09-14-2008, 01:50 AM

I'll be 28 next PAX, so don't worry dude :cheers:

And I would love to meet the creator of this fine establishment. Plus I want to get into game development so it would be good to go.

Well I didn't create this place, but I'm honored.

They have some good panels, like 'pitch your game ideas' and stuff if you are looking into the business.

Ahem...I'm down...damn diggetty

Ohhhhhhh **** son!

All of XBA is welcome, other than those that have been banned. Wait...maybe it would be good to see those guys to make things even :whistle:

It's in Seattle? Well then...count me in! As long as something is driving distance, I can roll. The wife would kill me if I had to jump on a plane to go to something about video games...lol

BBQ at my house!

I'm coming from Canada, FU not calling it driving distance :P haha

So its in Seattle ? Nice ! I'll I got first on Maximus's sofa.

I've already called dibs.

where exactly is pax being held cause ill be 18 next month so i can go next year

Seattle.

Omen28
09-14-2008, 02:42 AM
I'll be 28 next PAX, so don't worry dude :cheers:

Well I didn't create this place, but I'm honored.

They have some good panels, like 'pitch your game ideas' and stuff if you are looking into the business.

Ohhhhhhh **** son!

All of XBA is welcome, other than those that have been banned. Wait...maybe it would be good to see those guys to make things even :whistle:

I'm coming from Canada, FU not calling it driving distance :P haha

I've already called dibs.

Seattle.

I love you. i want to meet you too now.

Variation-XBA
09-14-2008, 02:42 AM
I love you. i want to meet you too now.

With free booze anything can happen. Though if Laughs or Max comes, I'm taken :hump::hump:

l Maximus l
09-14-2008, 02:49 AM
With free booze anything can happen. Though if Laughs or Max comes, I'm taken :hump::hump:

Dude, I'll take the boooooooze!!! :cheers:

By the way, I meant "driving distance" in that I could drive my car somewhere instead of having to jump on a plane! I can drive to Vancouver B.C. :D

Variation-XBA
09-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Then you are set and locked in for 09 Max, no way around it now bud.

Fargoth
09-14-2008, 09:14 AM

What haven't you ever heard of a 4 way?

Slowride
09-14-2008, 01:07 PM
What haven't you ever heard of a 4 way?

He has yet to experience a 2 way......so I doubt it.

Variation-XBA
09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
He has yet to experience a 2 way......so I doubt it.

Haha, that was actually pretty good :hail:

Kam, you wanna edit your first post for Confirms/Maybes and do it as we go?

l Maximus l
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Haha, that was actually pretty good :hail:

Kam, you wanna edit your first post for Confirms/Maybes and do it as we go?

Shoot the Kamster a PM...

Great idea!

Shawn-XBA
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I will start saving up my vacation time now, been using a lot of it lately. I will defiantly be their at PAX next year, I really wanted to go this year but couldn't get off from work.

Soda Jones
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't think I'll be here, but if I am, then I'll drive up.

thAshAdyOne
09-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, my Dad just moved to some base in Washington so this trip could possibly serve a dual purpose. and I am 21, should be 22 by the time this trip comes around, so I could possibly pose as one of you guy's adopted black son, unless Matt comes. Then we'll just be the 2 token black guys.

Ainokeatoo
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Aw you guys ****ing suck, I live in vegas, ain't no way in hell imma pay for a ticket to washington or for gas. That's ok, I got other stuff I need to do than go two states over to look at a buncha games I probably will never get. LMFAO

But for those who go and will not be wasted when the night is over and are staying with those who will be wasted. Please, by all means, take pictures of their asses (maxipads, Shady, Var., etc) and post'em here it'll be funny. And it makes those who can't go dream about when we can go and actually get to see their asses in person o.o

Variation-XBA
09-16-2008, 03:33 PM
But for those who go and will not be wasted when the night is over and are staying with those who will be wasted. Please, by all means, take pictures of their asses (maxipads, Shady, Var., etc) and post'em here it'll be funny. And it makes those who can't go dream about when we can go and actually get to see their asses in person o.o

Oh you can count on it, I plan on getting some of the guys HAMMERED!

Yeah, my Dad just moved to some base in Washington so this trip could possibly serve a dual purpose. and I am 21, should be 22 by the time this trip comes around, so I could possibly pose as one of you guy's adopted black son, unless Matt comes. Then we'll just be the 2 token black guys.

You can be my brother from another mother!

Ainokeatoo
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh you can count on it, I plan on getting some of the guys HAMMERED!

Uhm... I don't know how to take that... But you know, either way sounds good so, hammer away. You great big flaming ball of fire! :cheers:

Slowride
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Why am I not on the maybes list?

Also, I'm pretty sure Shady has confirmed.

Variation-XBA
09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Why am I not on the maybes list?

Also, I'm pretty sure Shady has confirmed.

Didn't realize you really meant a 'maybe' by that, will add you.

He's on there, just spelt wrong, heh.

l Maximus l
09-18-2008, 01:03 AM
There's a ton to do in Seattle - I live about 35 minutes away from downtown. If you guys want, we could BBQ at my place...oh, and there will be pleeeeeenty of frosty beverages to accomidate. But, if you guys would rather stick around Seattle, it's all good.

Variation-XBA
09-18-2008, 01:12 AM
There's a ton to do in Seattle - I live about 35 minutes away from downtown. If you guys want, we could BBQ at my place...oh, and there will be pleeeeeenty of frosty beverages to accomidate. But, if you guys would rather stick around Seattle, it's all good.

You know I already called the couch :hump:

Omen28
09-18-2008, 01:22 AM
I heard it is in New York next year. Any truth to that?

Variation-XBA
09-18-2008, 05:05 PM

PAX has gotten so big now due to the loss of a real E3, that they want to expand it out east AS WELL, not instead of. None of this is in printing yet officially, but thats the word as of now.

Omen28
09-18-2008, 09:39 PM
PAX has gotten so big now due to the loss of a real E3, that they want to expand it out east AS WELL, not instead of. None of this is in printing yet officially, but thats the word as of now.

Well if it is in New York then I probably won't be able to go. I might be able to, but there is a bigger possibility I might not be able to go.

l Maximus l
09-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Well if it is in New York then I probably won't be able to go. I might be able to, but there is a bigger possibility I might not be able to go.

Is anyone else confused? :confused:

Slowride
09-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Is anyone else confused? :confused:

deathly......

thAshAdyOne
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
2 simulatenous events? whah?!

Variation-XBA
09-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Did no one read what I typed or something?

They want to also get PAX in east coast. NOT replace, NOT same day/simutanious.

Omen28
09-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Did no one read what I typed or something?

They want to also get PAX in east coast. NOT replace, NOT same day/simutanious.

Wait, so it is going to be in Seattle and New York or trade off between the two every other year, or what?

Variation-XBA
09-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Wait, so it is going to be in Seattle and New York or trade off between the two every other year, or what?

Until they say, who knows. I don't see them moving away from Seattle though yearly, but who knows.

Omen28
09-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Until they say, who knows. I don't see them moving away from Seattle though yearly, but who knows.

Oh, ok. I hope it stays in Seattle.

SpaceGhost2K
09-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I will go if I can get sponsored, work a booth, etc.

Doesn't XBA need a presence there? Get WM to cough up some bucks for a booth.

l Maximus l
09-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I will go if I can get sponsored, work a booth, etc.

Doesn't XBA need a presence there? Get WM to cough up some bucks for a booth.

Who is this WM you speak of?!

Shawn-XBA
09-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Who is this WM you speak of?!
I think he is referring to Walmart. :D

OBL infad3ll
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM

just heard that the PAX on the east cost is going to be in windy city of chicago. so you get the choices of rain or wind! awsome.

Omen28
10-05-2008, 10:58 PM
just heard that the PAX on the east cost is going to be in windy city of chicago. so you get the choices of rain or wind! awsome.

Rain FTW!

thAshAdyOne
10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I just want to fondle laughs!

LINKINPARK8591
10-25-2008, 04:24 AM
I just want to fondle laughs!

don't you and laughs spend enough intimate time together?

Whisper
11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Hehe, wonder if any of these people will join Stephen now :p

Variation-XBA
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm still planning on going :p

Flood
12-15-2008, 10:10 PM
i hope they go with their plan of doing PAX East in 09/10. I would definitely go.

Variation-XBA
03-28-2009, 01:21 AM
My Ticket and Hotel are booked and paid for, so I'm 100% going. Anyone else yet?

CrazyCougar
03-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I havent lined anything up yet, but Stephen and I expect to be there as well.

Fargoth
03-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I wish I was older :(

l Maximus l
04-08-2009, 01:02 AM
I'll be there..........naked.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 02:03 AM
I'll be there..........naked.

I needs confirmation sir.....of you being nekkid

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I've decided, i've missed out on to many expo's due to, joining the xbox360 scene a little later than desired, and also being scottish. We don't get ANNNNYY type of expo-madness.

So, im going.

Know any good (i mean cheap) hotels nearby?

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I've decided, i've missed out on to many expo's due to, joining the xbox360 scene a little later than desired, and also being scottish. We don't get ANNNNYY type of expo-madness.

So, im going.

Know any good (i mean cheap) hotels nearby?

The Sheraton RIGHT next door to PAX is where I stay, but you need to call the special PAX hotel #, not the hotel # to get the better deal. Use this number for any of the hotels nearby and you get a PAX discount so call and ask:

1-866-220-9473

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
ooo.. thats gonna cost a fortune on the phone bill.
do you know how much of a discount you get?

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 03:58 PM
ooo.. thats gonna cost a fortune on the phone bill.
do you know how much of a discount you get?

1-866 #s are the same as 1-800, they are free.

The hotel before calling the PAX line was basically charging $50 more per night and they didn't have a two bed like I wanted. The Pax line has rooms reserved for pax members (though im not sure how much left) and saving $50 a night is always nice. Depends on hotel to hotel though I assume. I paid more to be RIGHT beside PAX, where you can get a better discount if you dont mind walking further/taxi.

Shawn-XBA
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm probably going to wait until June to book all of my stuff, but I am still going for sure. How long you staying there var? I was thinking about maybe staying there for about a week then going down to California for a week then coming back home.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm probably going to wait until June to book all of my stuff, but I am still going for sure. How long you staying there var? I was thinking about maybe staying there for about a week then going down to California for a week then coming back home.

Start asking and looking around at hotels and if you find a good deal, get ti right away, as finding a hotel in the area closer to the date is near impossible without having to get one way far away and needing a taxi to and from each day.

I'm coming Friday morning and leaving Sunday day. I'm only a 3/4 hour drive away so it's not a big deal to me, plus I've seen Seattle before so I don't need to do the tourist thing.

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I dont think 1-800 numbers are free from scotland,
long distance and all that.
I think i'll be staying a week, enjoy three days at pax, and the next 2-3 days just bum about and see what america has to offer me, i'm seriously thinking of emmigrating, life in scotlands getting me major deppressed i love the country, just the inhabitants suck!(well most of them)

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I dont think 1-800 numbers are free from scotland,
long distance and all that.
I think i'll be staying a week, enjoy three days at pax, and the next 2-3 days just bum about and see what america has to offer me, i'm seriously thinking of emmigrating, life in scotlands getting me major deppressed i love the country, just the inhabitants suck!(well most of them)

Oh right, didn't realize you were overseas, sorry
Well hope you make it, the more XBAers the better

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Haha, it's cool, and i'll sell my left heart to get there if i need to.

l Maximus l
04-08-2009, 09:44 PM
So....ahem...how old is everyone? I'm 33.

As for location, I live about 30 miles away from downtown Seattle, but, I'm sporting a vehicle, so, no worries here. I'll make a point to at least spend a couple days there...not sure if I can do the whole weekend being that I'm married and have a kid and stuff...

Ohsay
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm 21, and im taking my girl, she's just going to go shopping for 3 days, funny if seattle had crappy shops she'd be so pissed.

And i live.. exactly 4441.82 miles away, travelling in a straight line.

Also, i have an almost gay idea,

XBA T-shirts! oh yeah, identify baby!

Variation-XBA
04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Also, i have an almost gay idea,

XBA T-shirts! oh yeah, identify baby!

PM Kam about it imo! ;)

And I hope everyone is of legal age...cause there is usually quite an abundance of drinking and gathering up with random peoples! Good times ahead...good times

Shawn-XBA
04-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Party is Var's room!! I'll bring the strippers.

l Maximus l
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
PM Kam about it imo! ;)

And I hope everyone is of legal age...cause there is usually quite an abundance of drinking and gathering up with random peoples! Good times ahead...good times

I work for a beer company...and yes, there will be samples being passed out by yours truly :D

Yes...FREE! At least, to get things started.

And, Ohsay...there's tons of shopping in Seattle...lol...too many shops, IMO!!!

I'm going to destroy Variation's room....ever lost your mattress before? Yeah, I get brutal...

Variation-XBA
04-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Rofls, should be interesting, since I'm already sharing my room with 3 others. oh well, they'll find it out to be a surprise.

"By the way, some people I know on the internet are coming to party in our room... all night...with booze"

At least one Asian for me please ;)

Fargoth
04-09-2009, 12:58 AM

Stop calling me! I'm underage.
I really wish I could go though sounds like fun maybe when I'm 18.

Ohsay
04-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Rofls, should be interesting, since I'm already sharing my room with 3 others. oh well, they'll find it out to be a surprise.

"By the way, some people I know on the internet are coming to party in our room... all night...with booze"

Hmm, best i can do is an Athiest.

Kamshaft
04-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Don't bring of the cheap, smelly kind! Get the prime rib kind, not the McDonald's kind! :p

I'm calling the hotel sometime today. As for t-shirts, that's lots of money upfront. What about a XBA/PAX 09 faceaplate? Those might be a better idea.

Nato King
04-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm calling the hotel sometime today. As for t-shirts, that's lots of money upfront. What about a XBA/PAX 09 faceaplate? Those might be a better idea.

I agree with that. I would give an arm and a leg for that.

Variation-XBA
04-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Don't bring of the cheap, smelly kind! Get the prime rib kind, not the McDonald's kind! :p

How the hell did I not thnk of that? DIBS!!!! :cool::hail:

Nato King
04-10-2009, 09:32 PM
What about a XBA/PAX 09 faceaplate? Those might be a better idea.

Ok I am down to go. I just paid for my spot and can't wait to go. This will be my first Gaming show.

Now a PAX 09 faceplate would be nice. Space would need to get on this one.

Variation-XBA
04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Sweet, can't wait to see you there Nato buddy!

Ohsay
04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
yeh faceplates (duh!)
I'm not on the ball :(

yeh i was looking into t-shirts it is quite pricey, only cheap way i can think of is iron on transfer paper bleh.

Nato King
04-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Sweet, can't wait to see you there Nato buddy!

I can't wait see you too. I know we are going to have a blast. Now the question is: How we going to meet up? Where are we going to stand.

This is just one Shirts I will be wearing at PAX 2009 What you Think:

Variation-XBA
04-11-2009, 12:20 PM
That's awesome, how much and where do I get mine? :)

Not sure on meeting time/place yet.

Since Candians have to go through will call on day 1 to get our badges (they arn't mailed to us) we'll most likely be in that line somewhere once we get to teh hotel and check in.

Nato King
04-11-2009, 12:33 PM
That's awesome, how much and where do I get mine? :)

Not sure on meeting time/place yet.

Since Candians have to go through will call on day 1 to get our badges (they arn't mailed to us) we'll most likely be in that line somewhere once we get to teh hotel and check in.

I made that shirt about two years ago. I made about 4 of them gave most of them away to my cousin and his wife. My cousin will be coming with me to pax and he will be wearing his XBA shirt too. It cost me about 30 bucks to make paint and a white T-shirt.

Here is the other shirt I will be wearing on the second day.

Variation-XBA
04-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I will probably wear some random gaming shirt per day cause I'm cool like that~

Nato King
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I will probably wear some random gaming shirt per day cause I'm cool like that~

I might put togather some Xboxaddict.com at PAX 2009 T-shirts for all those members and staff. I will put togather some ideas and than show them to you guys to see what you think.

Nato

Ohsay
04-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Ah they are sweet, i want one!

Also, wtf is will call and how do i find one?
I need to get my tickets from there unless i book them uber early.

SpaceGhost2K
04-11-2009, 05:06 PM
FaceplateAddict.com

Need a shirt. Yes, I do.

PAX faceplates.... might need Penny Arcade approval to make them.

Nato King
04-11-2009, 06:03 PM
FaceplateAddict.com

Need a shirt. Yes, I do.

PAX faceplates.... might need Penny Arcade approval to make them.

Yeah you could be right about the approval for a PAX faceplate but it wouldn't be nothing official just a little old custom.

and if you want a FaceplateAddict.com Shirt just send me a PM of your size and if you have an idea of what you want on it and I will see what I can do for you.

Variation-XBA
04-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Ah they are sweet, i want one!

Also, wtf is will call and how do i find one?
I need to get my tickets from there unless i book them uber early.

If you aren't from the states, you have to get in this huge ass lineup to get your badge before you can get in. It sucks for non Americans :(

Nato King
04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
If you aren't from the states, you have to get in this huge ass lineup to get your badge before you can get in. It sucks for non Americans :(

which you are so right so what me and my cousin did because I am from the sunny island of Bermuda I got him to pay for the badge and have them mailed to him in August. When he comes to the hotel he will give me my badge no standing in line.:hump:

gameking28
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Nato mentioned this to me over XBL - I would LOVE to go but I'll be on a boat to Spain while PAX is going on this year! :(

I hope you all have fun! Anyone attending San Diego Comic-Con in July? I'll be at that one.

mangobama619
06-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I know im not going :( im way too young but if anyone else is in san diego there is a place where you can make custom t shirts for 5 dollars each good deal

Variation-XBA
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Exactly 1 month until PAX, so if you've changed plans or are now coming or whatever, start posting!

Symmetric-XBA
08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
I'd like to go, however, my finances will be spent on updating my audio studio for my dj'ing / audio producing. sucks too b/c I'd realllllly like to talk w/ some of the lucasarts ppl. lol

Shawn-XBA
08-05-2009, 01:46 AM
I'd like to go as well, but like sym my finances will be going towards a desktop PC.

Symmetric-XBA
08-05-2009, 02:08 AM
my finances will be going towards a desktop PC.
YEAH! :hardcore:

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-12-2009, 04:29 PM
6 Posts and I'm in... since I'm green... do I need to sit in a corner and not be involved in the "goings ons"

Soda Jones
08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I forgot all about this. I'm debating whether to come or not. I have the money and it's only a few hour drive away...but....

wicked_d365
08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Same here, Would like to go, but broke. Plus this thing called a job and no vacation time yet.

Variation-XBA
08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
6 Posts and I'm in... since I'm green... do I need to sit in a corner and not be involved in the "goings ons"

You get an in cause you are Canadian and know me in real life, so I will let it slide

PS. The PAX Schedule was posted today!

http://www.paxsite.com/schedule.php

SpaceGhost2K
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
PAX plates! Made by yours truly...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/FPAgirlPAXactualplate.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/PAXWTCCactualplate.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/faceplatenumbering.jpg

Variation-XBA
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh snap....please say these are for the PAX goers from xba ! :O

OBL infad3ll
08-18-2009, 04:33 PM
OMG OMG OMG its less than one month away now!! im going 100% and already have my tickets for all three days ordered, the only problem now is waiting. cant wait to meet all you guys(in a non creepy kind of way)

Nato King
09-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Good Day All

The time is now 7:45am and I am up and going to have breakfast downstairs at quality inn & suites. I need to be at the Pax show for 10pm when the doors will open. So I will be in line at 8pm. It's 10mins or so walk from the hotel.

Crazy Cougar and Kamshaft have already left and I will meet with them later on. I am not much of a early bird. lol

Oh well I am going to meet up with variation-xba today can't wait.

Talk to everyone later.
Nato signing out from Seattle.:cool:

Kamshaft
09-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Ya, I'm having a blast meeting the XBA crew! Now to check out more games!

Nato King
09-05-2009, 10:42 PM
What another great day of games. All the staff are having a great time.

OBL infad3ll
09-06-2009, 12:36 AM
nato, i saw you had the high score at the crystal quest arcade game in the freeplay area. did you end up winning anything?

whats people favorite game they've seen so far? I think Split/Second, God of War 3, Brutal legend, and Borderlands are my top favorites so far. Dante's inferno was pretty dam cool also. tomorrow i might just buck up and wait in line to play diablo 3, mass effect 2 and left 4 dead 2, but i dont know how patient i can be for just a demo.

games that i thought were a letdown were: Wet,

Nato King
09-06-2009, 01:17 AM
nato, i saw you had the high score at the crystal quest arcade game in the freeplay area. did you end up winning anything?

whats people favorite game they've seen so far? I think Split/Second, God of War 3, Brutal legend, and Borderlands are my top favorites so far. Dante's inferno was pretty dam cool also. tomorrow i might just buck up and wait in line to play mass effect 2 and left 4 dead 2, but i dont know how patient i can be for just a demo.

You are so right. The game was crystal defender Lets just say that it was the first time I ever sat down to that game and I got the highest score on my first try. The guy came over and said you want to put that up on the board. I haven't won anything yet. I left when they was giving out the prizes. I will check tomorrow and find out.

Fargoth
09-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey tell me how the Star Wars The Old Republic is tomorrow I'm really excited about that

l Maximus l
09-06-2009, 02:19 AM
Give me a call, dudes...I'm planning on heading up tomorrow! I'm a local...

Nato King
09-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Give me a call, dudes...I'm planning on heading up tomorrow! I'm a local...

I dropped you a text message and I will be around The main hall checking out a few games i didn't see Thursday or yesterday.

l Maximus l
09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, I showed up...and discovered I NEEDED A BADGE to get in! I was badgeless in Seattle! Oh well...just in time for treacherous driving conditions as it is raining like cats and dogs today! I drove 36 miles to get there...paid $10.00 for parking...only to turn around and drive home!

Oh well...I can say that I went, but, didn't attend...go figure! Soda Jones told me I could buy tickets at the gate.. that was incorrect.

Nato King
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
yes you should have told me you was coming down without a Badge. You text me and said you was outside without a Badge I told the other staff and they just laughed. I would have came out to say hi but you left.

Variation-XBA
09-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Yea Max, you PM'd me after I already left home for PAx or I woulda had your cell to come meet you :(

PAX 2010....BE THERE.

Pix to follow shortly.

OBL infad3ll
09-07-2009, 02:45 AM
ya we need a better way of meeting up next year. but it was still really fun.
did anyone get any cool swag?

i got a faceplate signed by Dan Paladin and Tom Falp at the behemoth booth. they even drew cool pictures of castle crashers on it.ill put a pic of it up later. the dude at the bioshock booth also signed a faceplate for me, but i have no idea who he was or what he has to do with bioshock so if anyone else knew who he was could you tell me :D

Nato King
09-07-2009, 10:19 AM
ya we need a better way of meeting up next year. but it was still really fun.
did anyone get any cool swag?

i got a faceplate signed by Dan Paladin and Tom Falp at the behemoth booth. they even drew cool pictures of castle crashers on it.ill put a pic of it up later. the dude at the bioshock booth also signed a faceplate for me, but i have no idea who he was or what he has to do with bioshock so if anyone else knew who he was could you tell me :D

The first day I had an XBA crazy guy shirt on. That's how I found most of the staff. And the second day I had a shirt with my gamer tag on it (Nato King).

I am going to talk to kamshaft and see what we can come up with in making some T-shirts that is not going to cost an arm and a leg to buy or make.

Soda Jones
09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, I showed up...and discovered I NEEDED A BADGE to get in! I was badgeless in Seattle! Oh well...just in time for treacherous driving conditions as it is raining like cats and dogs today! I drove 36 miles to get there...paid $10.00 for parking...only to turn around and drive home!

Oh well...I can say that I went, but, didn't attend...go figure! Soda Jones told me I could buy tickets at the gate.. that was incorrect.

Dude I drove all the way from Battle Ground to find that they had sold out of badges...it sucked the big one.

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-10-2009, 01:51 AM
you guys gotta get the Twitter going! They posted it Thursday night I think that they were completely out. You should have been able to grab one off someone at some point though... I know Sunday is good for that, I would have tossed mine out the window to anyone on Sunday that asked for it... I had my $50 worth, and CCP had me nice and hung over.

Highlite23
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Heard you all had a good time...........maybe next year I can make the trip since I'm gonna start writing again ;)

Shawn-XBA
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Woah, Welcome back Tony! Good to hear you're going to start writing again :cheers: