PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations SpaceGhost2K-XBA!

Batman_wanna_be
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Are very own SpaceGhost2k was featured in the November OXM, he wrote a informative article on faceplates for the 360, and it made me wonder why microsoft didnt market them more and why some pubilshers make cool faceplates, but dont mass produce them. Damn European exclusive's!

Chris W
09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
huzza, well done, it may be a bit far fetched but would it not be too much to ask oxm if space can have his own little section for faceplates in the magazine?

Clintman
09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
That's pretty awesome, can't wait to read it.

Kamshaft
09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Ya, awesome stuff.

SpaceGhost2K
09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
The problem with a regular faceplate section is that faceplates aren't released regularly like games. Many times, which was a complaint in the article, people don't even know a plate exists until after the fact. In my opinion, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of using them as a marketing tool.

Thank you about the article. I had one written about me and now I've written one myself (along with Dan Amrich, the EOC, of course). I don't see a regular faceplate column happening, but we get along swimmingly and hopefully we'll do more in the future.

gameking28
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
That's great news Spacey! I can't wait to read it!

Variation-XBA
09-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Can someone post it on here to read?

JakofallAces
09-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Can someone post it on here to read?

i will take a pic tmrrw in best res possible, i read it and if you did they you might wanna notice its about them adn how they are technically going out of style, still props though i had already done so in pm like a week or so ago...

SpaceGhost2K
09-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Please don't post scans of magazines, even if I'm in it. It's illegal because that is copyrighted material. I'd hate for XBA to take a bullet because of something like that. Buy the mag, or check at your local game store to see if they have a display copy.

wicked_d365
09-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Congrats Space. Add another one to your collection. Way to go.

Clintman
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Read it just now, great article. I definitely agree that faceplates should start to become pre-order bonuses.

SpaceGhost2K
09-25-2008, 01:14 AM
I just read the final version yesterday. It seems like a couple of things got moved around or something. At one point, I referenced something, but what I was referencing wasn't right above it.

Anyway, I got to talk to Dan Amrich from OXM at the event tonight and I think we'll be able to do more stuff together in the future. He and I click really well.