PDA

View Full Version : Is Halo 4 Going to Suck?

Slacker
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Considering the rumor that Gearbox is making Halo 4 and their "Killer App" Brothers In Arms Hells Highway turned out to be a mediocre game with Crap graphics and the fact they delayed the game for a year , , .......I think Halo 4 is going to suck,,, (although I am pissed at Gearbox because I paid 65 bucks for a piece of garbage game that I had waited YEARS for and they deliver a game with at times has ps 1 graphics So pissed! only made me wonder about Halo 4)

Clintman
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Has there honestly been a good Halo since the first?

mattgame
09-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Has there honestly been a good Halo since the first?

Yes because some say the first was overrated. I mean do you member the level of the game when you were in doors dealing with the flood. That took forever. The best Halo was 2 imo.

Whoopage
09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I love all three - some of my greatest gaming days of all time with the three games. Especially CE and 2 on Live...

But I'm not going to argue taste with anyone - that's an exercise in futility. Either you liked 'em or you didn't.

Clintman
09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but 1 was the most fun for sure. New console, new great game, great story. Yeah, the flood level was long, but can you honestly say that you weren't shocked when the flood were revealed? In my opinion, Halo 1's campaign was far, far better than 2 and 3 combined. Multiplayer though is a different story. I didn't care much at all for 2, 3 was pretty decent, but I will always remember the days of tricking XBox's LAN into playing online with Halo. XBConnect I think it was called, anyone remember that?

mattgame
09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but 1 was the most fun for sure. New console, new great game, great story. Yeah, the flood level was long, but can you honestly say that you weren't shocked when the flood were revealed? In my opinion, Halo 1's campaign was far, far better than 2 and 3 combined. Multiplayer though is a different story. I didn't care much at all for 2, 3 was pretty decent, but I will always remember the days of tricking XBox's LAN into playing online with Halo. XBConnect I think it was called, anyone remember that?

Oh yeah, these guys here went crazy with it! Oh no doubt the flood made me poop myself a little and understand I love the game. I just think Halo 2 multiplayer was groundbreaking! I used to call out of work just to get mines in!

Whoopage
09-25-2008, 02:58 PM

We were so into XBC on this site, XBC even setup their main forums here for a while...

Clintman
09-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Halo over XBC was the most fun I'd had in an online game, and it's only recently been matched by Call of Duty 4.

Slacker
09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Halo 1 is still my favorite, is it me or can you move faster in Halo 1 than 3? in three I feel like a snail , and even though I run 20mbs online Halo 3 feels like I am running through thick mud waste deep. ..[/I]

mattgame
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Halo 1 is still my favorite, is it me or can you move faster in Halo 1 than 3? in three I feel like a snail , and even though I run 20mbs online Halo 3 feels like I am running through thick mud waste deep. ..[/I]

You're right it does! It feels like running in a nightmare, your feet are moving but you ain't going nowhere.

l Maximus l
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Someone else is making Halo 4? Hmmm...well, they'll have to be seriously careful. I agree, Halo CE was the best of the series. I know this has been debated to death, most people know that I can't stand Halo 2...Halo 3 was a huge improvement. So, the best way I can say how I feel about the series:

Halo CE > Halo 3 > Halo 2

I hope that Halo 4 will use the same game engine that created Halo CE...I doubt it, but, hey, I can dream can't I? :D

I remember playing hours upon hours on XBConnect. I had a lot of favorite maps like Hang 'Em High, Chill Out, and Damnation with Team Slayer with Pistol start and AR secondary. I also loved Prisoner...killer map!

I also mixed things up with CTF at Blood Gulch. I loved that it had no time limit. I remember playing 3 captures sometimes for hours - and it being the same game. I loved playing against extremely skilled teams...the matches could take forever but it was so fun.

I remember lugging my XBox over to friends' houses setting up LANs. I knew a guy that bought four flat screen TVs and had a room set up...he had four XBoxes and controllers galore. I remember driving miles just to play in a tournament... Seriously, Halo CE improved my quality of life...it was that profound of a game.

Anyway, if Halo 4 is made by another company, I hope they don't screw it up... They are going to have extremely high expectations that no matter how good or bad it is, it likely will never live up to the hype. But, at the same time, I welcome a new developer to make the game...they may improve on the game somehow.

Fargoth
09-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes it is. I am a kinda strange person I believe if you say something is a trilogy you stop trying to suck every last freaking dollar out of it by making more of it. If it was based on another storyline another timezone new characters I wouldn't mind, but no its probably going to be the EXACT same game with better graphics. I'm tired of Halo. You've had your spotlight now stop being Brett Farve and just leave things how they are.

Ainokeatoo
09-26-2008, 12:32 AM
You know... To this date, I have yet to own Halo CE and yet, I have halo 2 and 3. Eh oh well, I'll probably pick it up somewhere, blah, but anywho, I would agree that Halo CE. At the time, was the best graphically, gameplay wise, etc. I loved Halo in the short time I rented it.

ChessPieceFace
09-26-2008, 02:07 AM
A new developer could breath new life into it for sure.

Shadow20002
09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
I didn't get a chance to play Halo 3 so...

Variation-XBA
09-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Ah yes, judging a game before it's even announced, which is impressive. Usually people wait till it's shown

vman
10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I didn't get a chance to play Halo 3 so...
you're missing out.

justinj1974
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
well it can not be worse than the second halo that was crap and the third was'nt great either,the first is still the best by far.

mattgame
10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
you're missing out.

You still play?

Slowride
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
The first 3 sucked....so I imagine the 4th will suck as well.

OBL infad3ll
10-04-2008, 11:30 PM
if gearbox makes it, then yes it most definetly is goink to suck, and i think the best halo experience to be had is with halo 1 on the computer!

mattgame
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry I missed out on that. I wonder if I could still buy it?

Variation-XBA
10-05-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry I missed out on that. I wonder if I could still buy it?

Halo CE for pc? Yea it's cheap.

LINKINPARK8591
10-06-2008, 01:02 AM
i have to admit that halo 1 was the best of the series. When halo 2 came out i had fun and i feel it was a big improvement. However in my eyes the first was the most enjoyable. There were just a lot of little things that i found annoying about the second and third.

BunnyRabbit
10-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Ah yes, judging a game before it's even announced, which is impressive. Usually people wait till it's shown

Var has spoken! :cool:

frag yo mamma 2
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
i liked halo 1, was great, but halo 2 and 3 over-do H1 anyday in my book. why? xbl of course. halo 1 would be the best- if they could get it online somehow, or just remake the game 100% for xbl, who knows maybe that is wha they are going to do? :O

halo 2 started to suck tho when everyone instead of getting good, working as a team, just learned the glitchs. pissed me OFF so freaking bad, ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do not do glitchs, i know how too, but i dont.it takes the fairness away from the game.

with that said- halo 3, i love it the most. no glitchs, everything is pretty level, just gotta be a good shot. an work as a team, other then i DO think that they need random spawn points, an i know that can happen cause i've seen it on other games (i know, pc's cant do "random" bt in the same sense its got so many spwn points that u dont know were the person(s) are going to spawn). cause that is one thing that is still going on, spawn killing. boosters, which is bein taken care of tho with the new auto ban hammer.

which is another thing tho that does kinda suck... they are going to far with "auto" things.