PDA

View Full Version : Update: Xbox Live Service Maintenance

Shawn-XBA
09-30-2008, 02:35 AM
As I mentioned (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/09/23/xbox-live-service-maintenance.aspx) earlier in the week, tomorrow (Monday, 9/29/2008) from 12:01 AM PST (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=29&year=2008&hour=0&min=1&sec=0&p1=234) for up to 24 hours, Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, Xbox LIVE and the ‘My Xbox’ section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won’t be able to post.) The remainder of Xbox.com will be available with limited interruptions. When the service returns, you will not have any new features and you will not have the new Xbox experience update. That will happen later this Fall.

Update from Major Nelson: The LIVE maintenance is taking longer than expected. I’ll have an update at 0200 PT. Xbox.com/support will be updated as well...so be sure to keep an eye on that.

Update #2: Xbox Live is back up and running.

Link: http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/9193.html (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/../news/9193.html)

--

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone trying to sign into XBL, the maintenance is taking longer then expected. Hopefully it will be up soon, I want to update my gamerscore. I've been playing some Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway, I love it, very fun game.

Symmetric-XBA
09-30-2008, 03:11 AM
hopefully xbl won't be down for "days" like last time. The funny thing is that this isn't even the fall update, its the "prep-work" apparently for the new fall update. so i'm guessing xbl is going to be down again for that.

CrazyCougar
09-30-2008, 06:46 AM
XBL seems to be running just fine this morning. Now not saying some folks wont have issues, because from past track records that has been the case. But I was able to sign in no problem at 7:30 AM EST.

Variation-XBA
09-30-2008, 04:48 PM
No problems here either

Unreal
09-30-2008, 11:22 PM
There are new issues now. You can log into live. But when you boot up a game. You get disconnected from live. I have tried 4 different games. I even loaded up the Fable Pub games and was kicked from live. So I think they are still working on it as of 12:15 am est.

Shawn-XBA
10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes, there seems to be a problem signing into Xbox Live.

Major Nelson gave us this update:

LIVE is having an issue where you may have trouble signing in. The engineers are aware and working on it. 12:15AM EST

Keep an eye on Xbox.com/support for updates. The engineers are engaged and actively working to resolve this issue. 12:45AM EST

I need to step away from Twitter for a bit...but the operations team will be updating xbox.com/support when they have news. 1:10AM EST

--

I will update as news becomes available and I will post here when XBL is back up and running.

CrazyCougar
10-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Its the same problem everytime they take down the service..LOL! Intermittent connection issues, but this one must be larger than past occurrences since they had to take the entire network offline.

Variation-XBA
10-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Yea it's sputtering now, should be up soon for tomorrow I hope

Shawn-XBA
10-01-2008, 01:14 AM
It appears to be back up and running as of 2:10am EST.

Symmetric-XBA
10-01-2008, 05:53 AM
service seems to be up and running fine. few xbl members are reporting either "spotty" connection issues or they simply can't log on. for a few people this always seems to happen when ms does an update. I'm waiting to read people's posts about network issues now w/ this new update coming in a couple of weeks, w/ the whole netflix tie-in? ohhhh this is gonna be interesting lol. at least now the $50 yearly fee will have more substance to it.

wicked_d365
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Worked fine for me last night, a little spotty during COD4, but it worked itself out after that.

Unreal
10-01-2008, 11:46 AM
It's back up and running now. I didn't get to play for long, because I have to go to work.