PDA

View Full Version : Yo space w

mrpunchy
10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
What is the deal with these? I was unaware they made two different plates?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-DIFFERENT-SEALED-SUN-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-ORIGINAL-MS_W0QQitemZ220286983772QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220286983772&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A4|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mrpunchy
10-02-2008, 07:42 PM
and how much is fair for that?

SpaceGhost2K
10-03-2008, 12:17 AM
First, WSU is a good guy so bid away.

Second, we discussed this once and didn't come to a conclusion. We're not sure if there's a normal amount of variation or if they were made at two different factories so there was a slight difference in the paint op.

If this was Star Wars figures, they'd have names for the variants, and if they could narrow one down as being less common than the other, everybody would chase the rare one and forget the other one. I don't think this is a big deal, but if you're a hardcore collector, here's a chance to get both.

JakofallAces
10-03-2008, 05:39 AM
First, WSU is a good guy so bid away.

Second, we discussed this once and didn't come to a conclusion. We're not sure if there's a normal amount of variation or if they were made at two different factories so there was a slight difference in the paint op.

If this was Star Wars figures, they'd have names for the variants, and if they could narrow one down as being less common than the other, everybody would chase the rare one and forget the other one. I don't think this is a big deal, but if you're a hardcore collector, here's a chance to get both.

good guy=bragger...anyways ya there are two just different prints it seems they are 20 bucks at stores but you have to find them so around 50 would be okay for both but i dont like either so ya know its all personal preference

mrpunchy
10-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks Space. Certainly I am not a hard core collector. I just want this particular plate for my 360. As you have previously stated this is not that uncommon of a plate so I am hesitant to pay that much for it. Do you see that variant come up much?

mrpunchy
10-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Well I have bid it over 70 and am wondering how high I should go. I have seen some more rare plates go for less. I guess my point is that I want the plate to use not to collect. I should have some limit. Hmm.. maybe 100

wicked_d365
10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Well I have bid it over 70 and am wondering how high I should go. I have seen some more rare plates go for less. I guess my point is that I want the plate to use not to collect. I should have some limit. Hmm.. maybe 100

It's how much you want to spend. What is the plate worth to you.

SpaceGhost2K
10-03-2008, 03:20 PM
good guy=bragger...anyways ya there are two just different prints it seems they are 20 bucks at stores but you have to find them so around 50 would be okay for both but i dont like either so ya know its all personal preference

You're calling names, again. Are you not aware at all when you do that?

$70 for the two isn't a bad price. I don't know how often a variant comes up because when I see one, I don't usually take note of which one it is. Like I said about the Star Wars stuff, we recognize there's a distinction, but unlike SW collectors, we haven't really determined a difference in value because of it so we don't pay too much attention to it.

JakofallAces
10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
You're calling names, again. Are you not aware at all when you do that?

$70 for the two isn't a bad price. I don't know how often a variant comes up because when I see one, I don't usually take note of which one it is. Like I said about the Star Wars stuff, we recognize there's a distinction, but unlike SW collectors, we haven't really determined a difference in value because of it so we don't pay too much attention to it.
he was the only one who would ever make a thread bragging about how he got a rare plate for cheap, i aint being mean but he did, also anything more than 70 is bad i saw a gow e3 plate go for 65 so anything over 70 is ridiculous

mrpunchy
10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't know. Seems like a lot for a plate that I am going to just open up and put on my 360. Still I have been looking.

mrpunchy
10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok now I bid it up to 86 with shipping. I am going to get some drinks in me and I will see how much I am willing to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::

Someone give me a don't go over this limit please!

SpaceGhost2K
10-03-2008, 07:45 PM
he was the only one who would ever make a thread bragging about how he got a rare plate for cheap, i aint being mean but he did, also anything more than 70 is bad i saw a gow e3 plate go for 65 so anything over 70 is ridiculous

I've paid ridiculous money for something I wanted, more than once.

There's a whole thread for "Dealz!" which is a place to show off good stuff you get, cheap. This whole forum is a place to brag about what you've got in your collection. Everybody in here is a braggart of some sort.

JakofallAces
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I've paid ridiculous money for something I wanted, more than once.

There's a whole thread for "Dealz!" which is a place to show off good stuff you get, cheap. This whole forum is a place to brag about what you've got in your collection. Everybody in here is a braggart of some sort.

hey i dont wanna fight about this ed, i am just saying he would make pointless posts to get flamed about how he got X faceplate for Y amount of money and not use the dealz or anything thread, sorry i said anything.

mrpunchy
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM
No offense but isn't that the only kind of post you create? pointless or attempting to cause a fight

I mean this thread was going along nicely until you posted in it.

JakofallAces
10-04-2008, 11:59 PM
No offense but isn't that the only kind of post you create? pointless or attempting to cause a fight

was it now i am so SO sorry i interrupted your great amazing post. geez i used to be mean to new members but hell when i came back their being mean to me? what did i do to him?

gameking28
10-05-2008, 04:53 AM

Hey, he apologized and then you threw fuel on the fire by (ironically) posting something pointless and attempting to (re)start a fight.

Just chill out - the Mods will handle those that step out of line.

mrpunchy
10-05-2008, 09:30 AM
was it now i am so SO sorry i interrupted your great amazing post. geez i used to be mean to new members but hell when i came back their being mean to me? what did i do to him?

Should I point you in the direction of the other thread I started that you did the same thing in?

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85541

Please do not post in any thread created by me.

mrpunchy
10-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey, he apologized and then you threw fuel on the fire by (ironically) posting something pointless and attempting to (re)start a fight.

Just chill out - the Mods will handle those that step out of line.

You are of course correct Game. It just seems like whenever I post he comes in and pees on my corn flakes and I just grow tired of it. I haven't done anything to anyone and he consistently jumps in and adds nothing to the thread other than insults and cutdowns. I should learn to not feed the trolls. I just won't respond to him again.
My apologies.

OBL infad3ll
10-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Should I point you in the direction of the other thread I started that you did the same thing in?

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85541

Please do not post in any thread created by me.

dang.. he sure made an enemy fast.
but check out ebay.co.uk theres sun plates all the time there.

sm5avag3
10-05-2008, 01:40 PM
You are of course correct Game. It just seems like whenever I post he comes in and pees on my corn flakes and I just grow tired of it. I haven't done anything to anyone and he consistently jumps in and adds nothing to the thread other than insults and cutdowns. I should learn to not feed the trolls. I just won't respond to him again.
My apologies.

wow, those are some interesting analogies!

Variation-XBA
10-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Ahhh... I see you've met Jak already

Heh

Symmetric-XBA
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
wow, this is going way out of where it should be. I suggest just close this thread down b4 we start having a fight club.

Symmetric-XBA
10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
My apologies.

First off, listen closely, ITS A FORUM ON THE INTERNET. There are worse things in life and if you're stressin over someone coming in and leaving posts on your thread that you don't like, then wow, I hate to see what you would have to do when faced w/ something really horrible. You say you just grow tired of it, well guess what, YOU'LL ALWAYS find someone like that on ANY FORUM. Thats why we have mods to help try and regulate some form of stability on these forums. CALM yourself. "Wooooooo saaaaaaa" seriously. lol I've been flamed before and at the end of the day I thought to myself "its an internet forum, woopie". LOL Now the political arena is where I get heated. Just relax man and have faith in the mods.