PDA

View Full Version : Why red octane sucks.

Ainokeatoo
10-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Now I don't know if it's Red Octane whoring the GH brand but here is my mini list of reasons why.

The sun may be setting on another Summer season, but the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Online Tournament action is still as hot as ever. Celebrate the change of seasons with the End of Summer Showdown! The top finisher in each difficulty division will win 1 Guitar Hero: Aeromsith T-Shirt, 1 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Wristband, and 1 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Sticker Set.

Joining the fun is easy; just follow the simple directions listed below:

To play in an online tournament, you are required to have a linked web account. To learn how to link your web account, click HERE .

1.) Below are the four different difficulty divisions featured in the End of Summer Showdown Tournament (Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert). Users are only allowed to enter one difficulty division.

**Please enter the difficulty division most suitable for your skill level. If you are a whiz on Hard and Expert, you shouldn’t be playing in the Easy or Medium difficulty divisions. Please Read the Official Tournament Difficulty Guidelines before choosing your difficulty division.

http://community.guitarhero.com/news_posts

First off, for a company completely whoring it's game, those are pretty ****ty prizes to those who win this tournament.

Each month we showcase a new DLC Pack in The Vault DLC Tournament. This month we showcase the Metallica Death Magnetic DLC Album, and players will be battling for the top spot using 5 songs from this incredible DLC Album. The top finisher in each difficulty division will win 1 Zildjian T-shirt, 1 EMG Sticker, and 1 Set of Regal Tip Drumsticks

*Most recent tournament to reinforce my statement*

NOT ONLY THAT but there are rules you need to follow in which difficulty you choose to play at, RULES FOR FRICKEN DIFFICULTIES.

These Guidelines are living guidelines, meaning we will take community suggestions into consideration, and make adjustments if need be. We want as many people to participate in our Online Tournaments as possible, but we also want players to feel as if they have a shot to win, based on what difficulty they're comfortable with.

http://community.guitarhero.com/forums/12/forum_topics/39004

Take a look at the last say, seven words, "Based on what difficulty THEY'RE COMFORTABLE WITH." I like playing expert, but I feel comfortable with medium, can I play it? Nope. It's retarded, not only can a company not come up with better prizes than a T-Shirt, some stickers and a pat on the back, they make it damn near impossible for anyone who may be a little good at Expert but not the best, and not really good at hard. To play on a level in which they're comfortable.

Fargoth
10-05-2008, 01:21 AM
And they're copying the Rock Band idea.

Conchord
10-05-2008, 02:08 AM
A Zildjian T-shirt? Free??

I'm going to go out and buy a 360, plus the game, plus lots of ****ing Rockstars so I can get sleep deprivation enough to get wicked awesome at the game!

I get a sticker, too?

ZOM****INGG

Variation-XBA
10-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Would you rather them not do a tourny and not give anything away?

Ainokeatoo
10-05-2008, 01:07 PM

To be honest, either way their tournaments wouldn't make much of an impact whether they did them or not, because they're raking in tons of money and can't put forth prizes worth playing the tournament, I mean stickers is what you give for third place not first.

Conchord
10-05-2008, 01:33 PM

It just seems rather pedantic to give away such inexpensive prizes to people who are seriously dedicated to your product.

Variation-XBA
10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Well send them a letter then saying you want thousands of dollars in prizing. Maybe some real guitars, hell, make them send you to meet some bands and put you in a hotel and **** as well, you might as well go all out at their expense right?

Sometimes it's just about getting the community involved in something. Specially for casual players and kids or whatever, just entering an official tournament is exciting.

I agree that sthe prizes are pretty lame concidering their bankroll, but it's their tourney and they are just getting messaging across with some advertizing and letting some people play in a quick tourney.

99% of contests/tourneys etc Canadians can't even enter. I would have liked to play to just play.

Conchord
10-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes, I see you are right, I am taking what I have for granted... it could always be worse. I could be Canadian.

Ainokeatoo
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, I see you are right, I am taking what I have for granted... it could always be worse. I could be Canadian.

=/ Variation made me feel bad then conchord brought me right back up.

Point I was trying to make, was that the prizes are just out right horrible, they've made what, four new game announcements within a years release of their last game. They're rolling in more than enough money and you're going to offer stickers for prizes, I don't want thousands of dollars in prizes, but jesus, if they're only offering one prize to the winner of each difficulty then make it something worth it. Stickers are not worth it.

As far as participating in tournaments, there are enough tournaments that are being made by people to keep anyone entertained to be honest.

Variation-XBA
10-05-2008, 11:58 PM

ZING....

:cuss:

wicked_d365
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Their just trying to get more people to buy/play their game . You giveaway anything, and I can almost guarantee you will get at least 25% more people playing.

Unreal
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Well send them a letter then saying you want thousands of dollars in prizing. Maybe some real guitars, hell, make them send you to meet some bands and put you in a hotel and **** as well, you might as well go all out at their expense right?

Sometimes it's just about getting the community involved in something. Specially for casual players and kids or whatever, just entering an official tournament is exciting.

I agree that sthe prizes are pretty lame concidering their bankroll, but it's their tourney and they are just getting messaging across with some advertizing and letting some people play in a quick tourney.

99% of contests/tourneys etc Canadians can't even enter. I would have liked to play to just play.
I can't find the link. But Microsoft had a tournament for Project Gotham Racing 4 I believe. First place was trip to the Lamborgini plant in Italy. So stickers and a t-shirt are worth complaining about.

Conchord
10-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I can't find the link. But Microsoft had a tournament for Project Gotham Racing 4 I believe. First place was trip to the Lamborgini plant in Italy. So stickers and a t-shirt are worth complaining about.

That's ****ing awesome! Too bad I will never be good at PG games... get a ****ing massive combo, then one millionth of a second before it tallies, my rear bumper taps a wall and kills the whole ****ing thing.:mad:

Variation-XBA
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM

Everyone better live up to MS's standards then for prizing so people will stop complaining.

Unreal
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Everyone better live up to MS's standards then for prizing so people will stop complaining.
I guess for us (Canada), getting to join is a bit more important. But I can where guys are coming from. A t-shirt for 1st place is a bit on the cheese side of things. Most legit tournaments give out good prizes. I can remember another good one. For anyone that remembers NFL Fever for the first Xbox. They had Peyton Manning sign the that years version of the game, plus you got a signed ball as well for first place.