PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War Beta

Shawn-XBA
10-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Anyone else get into the beta?

I'm downloading it now, probably won't play it until I get up this afternoon. I'll post my impressions of the beta on Monday or Tuesday.

Edit: I ended up playing a game before I went to bed. It plays a lot like COD4, looks just like it as well but then again its using the same engine so it should look and play the same. Once I play about 50 or so games I'll update my impressions. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. They have 5 different modes in the beta, War - which you have to capture battlefield command points, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Pick Up TDM - which is team deathmatch only there are no parties allowed, and Free for all.

Not Yellow
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Eh, actually waiting to get the beta code. Maybe me and Green will join you in some games.

Omen28
10-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah I am in it and I have been plying it for a couple hours now and I am the highest lvl. It is amazing, I absolutely love it. Its CoD4 X2. It is everything you love from the fourth one times two. It's great. I suggest picking it up when it comes out.

Slowride
10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah I am in it and I have been plying it for a couple hours now and I am the highest lvl. It is amazing, I absolutely love it. Its CoD4 X2. It is everything you love from the fourth one times two. It's great. I suggest picking it up when it comes out.

Wow....COD4 is by far my favorite 360 game thus far so that is some serious kudos.

Is there any way to still get into the beta?

Omen28
10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow....COD4 is by far my favorite 360 game thus far so that is some serious kudos.

Is there any way to still get into the beta?

No I don't think so. The only way was to sign up at callofduty.com or preoreder at gamestop i think. But yeah, think of Cod4's gameplay and party system and perks and all of that just with WW2 weapons and new maps and co op and everything.It also feels alot better, it feels more war-like and the weapons feel like real weapons and more punchy kind of.

Conchord
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
This makes me want an Xbox, again.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2008, 04:18 AM
This makes me want an Xbox, again.

So you can play for a week with me and then just stop like on COD4?
:watchout:
:cuss:

Ainokeatoo
10-12-2008, 05:41 AM
Wow dude, wtf, where the hell am I when there are these betas?

Conchord
10-12-2008, 11:57 AM
So you can play for a week with me and then just stop like on COD4?
:watchout:

It was a good week... :(

Slowride
10-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Good times were had......like when duke tripple fragged the whole team and then dropped. That was awesome.

Conchord
10-12-2008, 12:46 PM
He grenaded himself and the guy behind him, who had martyrdom on, which took me and two others near me out.

Good old hardcore.

And then of course, he dropped.

Classic.

Enamelized420
10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I Dled it last night and played for a little bit this morning.. I'll be on this evening for sure wo we'll have to get some of us together. I'm enjoying it so far.

Shawn-XBA
10-12-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll be playing Monday and Tuesday night if anyone wants to join me. I've been wanting to play all weekend, but of course I had to work this weekend.

Omen28
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I'll be playing Monday and Tuesday night if anyone wants to join me. I've been wanting to play all weekend, but of course I had to work this weekend.

Count me in! We should get a party goin. I am free pretty much every night but I am off Monday as well as half of Tuesday.

Enamelized420
10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Hit me up if you see me on Omen we can jump in aprty together and I don't see why I won;t be around Mon/Tuesday to get some time in on it.

Conchord
10-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey whatever happened to our mod from Bermuda?

I remember he was the first one from XBA I ever played with on CoD.

LeThAl REMiX
10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I got mine!!! I'm in Ottawa right now so I don't have Xbox Live at hand right now. I left off the download at almost 50% will be on tomorrow.

Fargoth
10-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I waannnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa plaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

Shawn-XBA
10-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Hey whatever happened to our mod from Bermuda?

I remember he was the first one from XBA I ever played with on CoD.
Nato King is still around, he just doesn't seem to post to much anymore. I play with him on live from time to time.

wicked_d365
10-13-2008, 08:43 AM
This is BS. I've had my reserve for like 5 months now. Nobody told me I had to register with the COD website. F**K YOU GAMESTOP! Last time you I reserve a game. EVER.:cuss:

Enamelized420
10-13-2008, 09:22 AM
This is BS. I've had my reserve for like 5 months now. Nobody told me I had to register with the COD website. F**K YOU GAMESTOP! Last time you I reserve a game. EVER.:cuss:

wicked you should be able to check with the GameStop you reserved your COD5, because according to the website GS was supposed to have the codes to send/give to the preordered customers but it was sent out late to them.

Here's the info on that per CallofDuty.com :

And of course, if you pre-order a copy of CoD: WW at GameStop (and are in the U.S.) you have another chance to get your spot in the Xbox 360 MP BETA, so not to worry.
PC players, your BETA is coming up! Stay tuned and keep checking CallOfDuty.com for updates coming shortly.

UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion, what we want you to know is if you've already pre-ordered CoD: WW at GameStop (and are in the U.S.), you WILL get a 360 Multiplayer Beta code (they're being sent out now). If you haven't pre-ordered yet, you still can pre-order to guarantee your Beta code through GameStop.

wicked_d365
10-13-2008, 11:49 AM
wicked you should be able to check with the GameStop you reserved your COD5, because according to the website GS was supposed to have the codes to send/give to the preordered customers but it was sent out late to them.

Here's the info on that per CallofDuty.com :

And of course, if you pre-order a copy of CoD: WW at GameStop (and are in the U.S.) you have another chance to get your spot in the Xbox 360 MP BETA, so not to worry.
PC players, your BETA is coming up! Stay tuned and keep checking CallOfDuty.com for updates coming shortly.

UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion, what we want you to know is if you've already pre-ordered CoD: WW at GameStop (and are in the U.S.), you WILL get a 360 Multiplayer Beta code (they're being sent out now). If you haven't pre-ordered yet, you still can pre-order to guarantee your Beta code through GameStop.

I'm done with them. I ended up buying one on Ebay for 9.49.

I called gamewhore's corporate, and the lady was a *****. She said it's up to your store you reserved it at. They told me to call corporate, whole run around bs. So I finally canceled all 7 of my pre orders with them, the manager was p***ed cause I had 3 paid off in full, Dead Space, Banjo, and COD5. Turned around and went to Blockbuster.

Anyway, got one, see you on their tonight.

Slowride
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I bought a code off ebay for $7.88. Gamertag is ChampTTU. Hit me up!

wicked_d365
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM

Accept my friend request.

thAshAdyOne
10-13-2008, 01:09 PM
yeah...where can I get a FREE code? lol

wicked_d365
10-13-2008, 01:14 PM

Accept my friend request and your on.

Slowride
10-13-2008, 01:19 PM
I will tonight when I get home.

Omen28
10-13-2008, 02:31 PM
I will tonight when I get home.

I sent you an FR as well.

Variation-XBA
10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I woke up late and forgot to try and get a code today :( ****

Slowride
10-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I woke up late and forgot to try and get a code today :( ****

Ebay is full of them. Worth the 7.88 I spent I believe. Better than spending 60+ and end up disappointed.

Variation-XBA
10-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Ebay is full of them. Worth the 7.88 I spent I believe. Better than spending 60+ and end up disappointed.

I'm not paying for a beta.

LeThAl REMiX
10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
dude its $10 and anyone on now?

Enamelized420
10-13-2008, 09:41 PM
dude its $10 and anyone on now?

Me, Silent,Omen and Cougar are on there now playing.. well I took a break to take care of my newborn but will be back on in the next little bit.

Slowride
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I was on, played a few games with enema, omen, wicked, coug, and silent. Some green guy freaked some of us out. I knifed a dog. Pretty sweet.

I got off to watch the last half of MNF.

Omen28
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I was on, played a few games with enema, omen, wicked, coug, and silent. Some green guy freaked some of us out. I knifed a dog. Pretty sweet.

I got off to watch the last half of MNF.

I can't believe how the Browns are running over the Giants.

CrazyCougar
10-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I'll be back on after Midnight EST. Had to break away for a bit to host my DCAS League event.

The game is off the hook. Hmmm, I remember saying the same thing about COD4! I recommend this to anyone. Can't wait to see the co-op side of things.

Shawn-XBA
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I've been having fun so far, ranked up from rank 2 to rank 10. Will defiantly rank up to 11 and get my clan tag in the beta. I like the addition of the dogs in multiplayer.

Tanks are a ***** though to take out, I think it would be better if they were left out of multiplayer. Anyway, anyone wishing to join us. I'm sure me, Omen28 and a few others will be playing pretty much all night.

And yeah, I didn't expect to see the Browns run over the Giants like they are doing. I mean wow, 35-14 Browns in the 4th quarter.

Omen28
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I'll be back on after Midnight EST. Had to break away for a bit to host my DCAS League event.

The game is off the hook. Hmmm, I remember saying the same thing about COD4! I recommend this to anyone. Can't wait to see the co-op side of things.

I agree it is a great game. I can't wait to see co op though. Thats going to be awesome.

Soda Jones
10-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Good times were had......like when duke tripple fragged the whole team and then dropped. That was awesome.

Memories.

y2kash_14
10-14-2008, 02:02 AM
I got the beta email today and i'm downloading now....i'm a CoD4 and 2 beast so I hope I still got it.

Played my first game and I totally destroyed the competition. Still getting used to it. I hate that they dont track accuracy anymore....I'm gonna miss my 30.25% accuracy

Omen28
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-979-Call-of-Duty--World-at-War-Multiplayer-Beta-Giveaway.html

Call of Duty: World at War Multiplayer Beta Giveaway.
The guys at xbox360achievements.org are giving away two codes for the beta. So anyone not lucky enough to get in already you might try and get it there.

wicked_d365
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I love this game. Still learning maps, but Castle is the best. Love the addition of dogs and sticky grenades. I took down a room full of guys last night with one.
Like Silent said, the tanks are a pain in the ass to take out. I hit one with 3 stickies, another guy on my team hit it with 2 bazookas, and another one did the same, finally went down.
Also love the addition of more blood, and the dismemberment with the shotgun. Blew a guys leg off, it was awesome.
The artillery blows the airstrikes out of the water. Comes out of nowhere, and keeps hitting for a good 30 secs.
Graphics are beautiful, and this is just a beta. I can't wait to play the whole co-op campaign and other online stuff. Will definitely be picking this on up day 1.

y2kash_14
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I actually thought the tanks were quite easily dealt with. It seems like 2 of any kind of explosive (minus frag grenade) wipes it out. I never got in one myself so I can't really tell if it's OP or not. After a night of playing TDM I believe my best score was 28-8.

mattgame
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Do you like the weapons on COD4 more or the weapons on World at War?

y2kash_14
10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I WANTED to like the CoD:WW weapons more, but they are way too unbalanced at the moment. CoD2 is far and beyond my favorite CoD and I was deadly with the bolt action rifles and the sniper. In this new CoD, it is practically pointless to use them. The bolts are 2-hit kills unless it's a neck/headshot. It definitely needs to be changed so it's a 1-hit chest shot kill with stopping power. I must say though that the standard rifles are very fun to use (much like the G3 of CoD4) But the SMG's seem a bit too over powered at the moment. So I think the rifles should stay the same, the SMG's need lower accuracy, and the bolt action rifles need to become stronger...then the CoD:WW weapons will be superior.

CrazyCougar
10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I personally enjoy both. The iron sight is a great change of pace over the red dot sight. But really both have great weapon sets and can't really be compared because they are from completely different eras of course.

Conchord
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Please don't tell me there are scope upgrades on the new (old) one?

y2kash_14
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Please don't tell me there are scope upgrades on the new (old) one?

there are

Conchord
10-14-2008, 06:57 PM
............................................................................................

CrazyCougar
10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Not to that extent, but there are upgrades. In other words, you wont be using a laser sight, red dot or gun cam on any of your weapons.

The flamethrower has to be the most intruiging. But this is ony unlockable at Level 65.

Conchord
10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Please tell me you get drum mags for the Thompson...

Omen28
10-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Please tell me you get drum mags for the Thompson...

Yes, you get it after the third marksmen challenge.

Shawn-XBA
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Myself and a few other staff members are getting on to play at 9pm EST, anyone wishing to jump on and join us feel free to do so. Hope to see some of you online.

LeThAl REMiX
10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
playing with kamshaft and crazycougar right now haha. and a couple others

Fargoth
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks man I entered cept I doubt I'll win. Thats 2 people out of 47 pages so.....

wasabi_
10-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Like:
Blood and Gore
Just like COD4 but in WW2

Hate:
Dogs and Artillery, just not a good replacement for chopper and airstrike, not as effective
Weapons dont seem to have a powerful feel to them like COD4, seems like im shooting pellet guns
Grenades arent as useful
I dont like the Tanks
Maps are too small and claustrophobic
Guns arent very customizable
Just like COD4 but in WW2 (dont think it warrants another purchase for COD4 with worse maps and some skins)

y2kash_14
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
you mean grenades don't kill from a mile away any more? The grenades got a much needed nerf. Now the ever so popular grenade spamming and cross map grenading isn't so effective.

However, a real flaw is the spawning system. Worst spawns I've seen yet.

CrazyCougar
10-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah, the only major downfall I see to is the spawn. Nothing like spawning right in a crossfire, or right in someone's sites.

And come on, the dogs are great! And so much more effective than the helicopter. They really arent that difficult to kill, but if you ignore them, than you are toast.

As for the artillary strikes....Again, I think this is way more effective than the airstrikes. The longer duration of the strike and the wider impact zone causes folks to run and actually take cover.

Bottom line is, this is World War II and not Modern Day combat. Weapons are not nearly as strong, which is refelected greatly in this game. And grenades can't be chucked a mile and be effective which is a downfall of COD4.

This game is worth $60 and a bucket of popcorn without a doubt, and probably will be for most. Of course you'll have your folks that just hate it because its WWII again, and they have to have some skill with the bolt action rifles, and older weapons.

Omen28
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, the only major downfall I see to is the spawn. Nothing like spawning right in a crossfire, or right in someone's sites.

And come on, the dogs are great! And so much more effective than the helicopter. They really arent that difficult to kill, but if you ignore them, than you are toast.

As for the artillary strikes....Again, I think this is way more effective than the airstrikes. The longer duration of the strike and the wider impact zone causes folks to run and actually take cover.

Bottom line is, this is World War II and not Modern Day combat. Weapons are not nearly as strong, which is refelected greatly in this game. And grenades can be chucked a mile and be effective which is a downfall of COD4.

This game is worth $60 and a bucket of popcorn without a doubt, and probably will be for most. Of course you'll have your folks that just hate it because its WWII again, and they have to have some skill with the bolt action rifles, and older weapons.

I concur.:cheers:

wasabi_
10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Of course you'll have your folks that just hate it because its WWII again, and they have to have some skill with the bolt action rifles, and older weapons.

I have noticed that the people who do the best use automatics, people who use rifles tend to do awful. I just dont think they are as good as the automatic guns. The BAR is pretty much just as accurate as the rifles.

Conchord
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
The bolt actions were my favorite, but after playing Bad Company, Call of Duty's gameplay is too ADD and fast-paced.

Shawn-XBA
10-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately I have to work tonight and tomorrow, but I'll be alternating between playing the beta, Saints Row 2 and Dead Space this upcoming weekend. Hit me up if you want to play any of the three.

CrazyCougar
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I have noticed that the people who do the best use automatics, people who use rifles tend to do awful. I just dont think they are as good as the automatic guns. The BAR is pretty much just as accurate as the rifles.

Yeah, that Bar is pretty nasty. With the auto's you really have to be up close and personal alot of times, but yeah they do seem to be the most used and tend to be the most successful.

Again, this is just the beta, and maybe final tweaks will be made in the final month.

wicked_d365
10-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I love the MP .40 That little bastard will do some damage from almost any distance. I started using bolt actions last night. I like em, just take some getting use to.

LeThAl REMiX
10-15-2008, 04:14 PM

I use a rifle.. and I got a 19-0 KD. Ask Kamshaft haha. He was my main victim :P

y2kash_14
10-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I mainly use rifles as well and I do just fine.

wicked_d365
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
I use a rifle.. and I got a 19-0 KD. Ask Kamshaft haha. He was my main victim :P

I'll vouch for it. He was owning Kam left and right. Omen likes to snipe too, just a heads up.

Omen28
10-15-2008, 07:51 PM

I guess you have never played with me. Hey, Cougar, Shawn, Wicked, what did I go with the Springfield? I think I was like 28-3. I love the Gewehr, and the Springfield.

CrazyCougar
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Omen, Arent you banned for being to good with those damn rifles and handing all of us our arses!

Oh Kamshaft!!!! :p

Omen28
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Omen, Arent you banned for being to good with those damn rifles and handing all of us our arses!

Oh Kamshaft!!!! :p

Shhhhh! I was hoping he would forget.

wicked_d365
10-16-2008, 08:12 AM
What time you guys getting on tonight? I want to play some Dead Space before.

Enamelized420
10-16-2008, 08:41 AM
I'll probably be on playing with a buddy of mine this evening about 8-9EST as long as I don;t get into rooms with people wanting to Glich on Roundtable then I'll just play something different like I did last night.

I toold the guys last night that were doing it from the "GOON" Clan they were just ruining the game for others and the reply back was " This isn't a Game it's a Beta and I'm testing it for the developers" OK so that's why you sat in the glitch the whole game killing people.

So I should be around...

Not Yellow
10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
me and Not Green will be on later tonight, shoot us an invite!

mattgame
10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Once again, the black guy is left out.

Shawn-XBA
10-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, tomorrow's a big day. We have an update coming to the BETA that will introduce the following:

- Raise the level cap to 24 (new weapons, perks, and challenges)
- Introduce some Hardcore playlists
- Add a Search & Destroy playlist

As I mentioned in an earlier sticky, we have collected your feedback and are aware of some anomalies with the BETA. That feedback has been invaluable, and keep it coming. You may not see all the bug fixes tomorrow, but let it be known we're working tirelessly to make sure all the problems are fixed for release.

Also, check out GameTrailers for our new Multiplayer trailer. That trailer will be up on the front page of COD HQ later today!

Regards,
-JD

--

I'll be playing all weekend, I want to check out some new weapons and play types.

BTW, that was posted yesterday, so that update should be live now.

Omen28
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, tomorrow's a big day. We have an update coming to the BETA that will introduce the following:

- Raise the level cap to 24 (new weapons, perks, and challenges)
- Introduce some Hardcore playlists
- Add a Search & Destroy playlist

As I mentioned in an earlier sticky, we have collected your feedback and are aware of some anomalies with the BETA. That feedback has been invaluable, and keep it coming. You may not see all the bug fixes tomorrow, but let it be known we're working tirelessly to make sure all the problems are fixed for release.

Also, check out GameTrailers for our new Multiplayer trailer. That trailer will be up on the front page of COD HQ later today!

Regards,
-JD

--

I'll be playing all weekend, I want to check out some new weapons and play types.

BTW, that was posted yesterday, so that update should be live now.

WOW! I will def. be on tonight if anyone else is up for it. I can't stay up to late because I have a big test tomorrow but i will be on a lot of the afternoon and some of the night.

thAshAdyOne
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
screw you guys...I wanna play!

Conchord
10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm with shady on this one, you can all go straight to Roseanne Barr's ass.

wicked_d365
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
If my internet is working I'll be on tonight.

Conchord
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM

thAshAdyOne
10-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Conchord, lets play our own game...I spy something...green...

Conchord
10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Is it in your bowel movements?

thAshAdyOne
10-17-2008, 04:12 PM
nope...

Conchord
10-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Is it on the internet?

wicked_d365
10-17-2008, 04:26 PM
It's you guys, green with jealousy that we are playing beta and your not. Just joking guys.

Conchord
10-17-2008, 04:28 PM
http://a7.vox.com/6a00c22527121e549d00d4144fb7ff3c7f-500pi

Conchord
10-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Conchord, lets play our own game...I spy something...green...

Is it sticky?

mattgame
10-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I hate all of you bastards!! I hope you are stricken by the dreaded red rings simultaneously!!

WillyV2
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I just got the beta today, it's pretty good. I don't know.. I just need to get used to it I guess... Anyone up for some games sometime?

mattgame
10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
I swear to God if I don't get a damn code I'm gonna systematically hunt each of you down and relieve you of the burden of having nuts to fill your tighty whiteys!!

Conchord
10-17-2008, 07:34 PM
relieve you of the burden of having nuts to fill your tighty whiteys!!

Is this ebonics for "reach around"?

Slowride
10-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll be on! Just as soon as I bust this nut.....

Alex5101
10-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Got my code yesterday, been playing tonight, didn't see any update though. I'm guessing it's coming out tomorrow? I'm pumped about the level cap raise.

Slowride
10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Played some with omen, silent, and nato.....good times!

Slowride
10-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Slowride's verdict: I will not be buying this game. To me it's CoD4 with a WW2 mod/skin. There are some differences....but nothing to shout home about. Is it a great game? Of course it is. Just like CoD4 is one of the best games out there...

Basically it comes down to do I want to spend $65 on a CoD4 mod. I'd rather spend it on beer.....

mattgame
10-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Slowride's verdict: I will not be buying this game. To me it's CoD4 with a WW2 mod/skin. There are some differences....but nothing to shout home about. Is it a great game? Of course it is. Just like CoD4 is one of the best games out there...

Basically it comes down to do I want to spend $65 on a CoD4 mod. I'd rather spend it on beer.....

Put some of that on Conchords girl. Talk about "reach around"? The girls pull and tickle game is ridiculous!!

Highlite23
10-18-2008, 07:57 AM
OK, plays great, you need to use a bit more strategy IMO...................

and I hate dogs!!!!!:cuss:

Omen28
10-18-2008, 08:43 AM
OK, plays great, you need to use a bit more strategy IMO...................

and I hate dogs!!!!!:cuss:

Have you tried hardcore mode? Dogs are insane in the hardcore mode. They kill you in one hit.

Shawn-XBA
10-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Have you tried hardcore mode? Dogs are insane in the hardcore mode. They kill you in one hit.
Yeah, you better shoot them before they get to you, if you try to knife them you will die. I liked hardcore mode in COD4 but I don't like it in this one because of the dogs.

And I hope they fix that damn under the map glitch soon, thats really starting to piss me off.

Anyway, what is everyone's rank now that they upped it to 24? I got up to 21 last night before I got off, going to try and get up to 24 tonight.

mattgame
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!!:cuss:

Omen28
10-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah, you better shoot them before they get to you, if you try to knife them you will die. I liked hardcore mode in COD4 but I don't like it in this one because of the dogs.

And I hope they fix that damn under the map glitch soon, thats really starting to piss me off.

Anyway, what is everyone's rank now that they upped it to 24? I got up to 21 last night before I got off, going to try and get up to 24 tonight.

No, I had to get off when I was lvl 16. I am going to get up to 24 tonight. I am almost done with my work so if anyone wants to play hit me up. But yeah I am def. getting to 24 then I am gunna play some Dead Space.

Alex5101
10-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, got to 24 last night. The bouncing betties are awesome.

If anyone wants to game add me: alex5101

Omen28
10-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, got to 24 last night. The bouncing betties are awesome.

If anyone wants to game add me: alex5101

Nice, yeah I got to 24 last night and it made me depressed. I didn't get anything worth while. I thought the M1 Grand was going to be amazing and that disappointed me and thats pretty much it.I haven't tried the bouncing betties yet but I was hopping for something good, like the flamethrower or the double-barrel shotgun.

FatBox
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
So I've played the game enough to conclude that it's basically the exact same thing as COD 4 just slightly different guns and maps. Not worth a buy IMO.

mattgame
10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks to a certain good samaritan I will be on tonight. Yay!!!:cheers:

Shawn-XBA
10-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks to a certain good samaritan I will be on tonight. Yay!!!:cheers:
All Thanks has to go to Kamshaft and Treyarch for giving us the codes to give out.

Sorry to everyone that was left out we only had two codes to giveaway.

mattgame
10-20-2008, 08:23 AM
All Thanks has to go to Kamshaft and Treyarch for giving us the codes to give out.

Sorry to everyone that was left out we only had two codes to giveaway.

Thank you men. Except mine no workie.:cry:

thAshAdyOne
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
It took 13 hours to download, but I will definitely be on tonight after class...

mattgame
10-21-2008, 01:44 PM
It took 13 hours to download, but I will definitely be on tonight after class...

Let me use your code. They gave me one but it doesn't work.

Conchord
10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Let me use your code. They gave me one but it doesn't work.

Ban him.

Someone send me one, too. And send me a 360 while you're at it.

Symmetric-XBA
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
its interesting seeing people's impressions of this evolve throughout these pages. it seems as thought the inital "shock" of the game has worn off, and then the nit-picking starts lol. I've played the beta and its got some nice innovations to make it feel fresh, however, its just a beta. Like halo was w/ crackdown. Imo if you haven't picked up a code for this game, then don't waste your money and just wait for the game to come out if you want it that badly. I cancelled my pre-order w/ the game though after playing the beta, I thought COD4 was a great improvement, however I feel that this is a step backwards. I'm still waiting to see something that will make this game a "must have", esp. when you're talkin about Fable 2, Fallout 3, Farcry 2, GoW2, and then SF4 at the beginning of next year, and Sacred 2. I mean this game is gonna have to do some massive impressing to get my $$, otherwise, its no big loss in my books. I personally think the game is crap compared to dead space but I can't really compare a beta to a full production game, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that the story line will be 1/10 as good.

mattgame
10-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Did you ever find out if OXM gave Dead Space a 6.5? OXM gave Fight Night a 10 and they gave Dead Space a 6.5?

Symmetric-XBA
10-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Did you ever find out if OXM gave Dead Space a 6.5? OXM gave Fight Night a 10 and they gave Dead Space a 6.5?

Yeah OXM can't seem to handle dead space. I wonder if it scared them too much that they couldn't handle it lol. anywho, this COD beta... the more I play it the more i just wish that either COD would be put to rest and another title put in its place, or that the dev. do something groundbreaking to revitalize the series. imo the addition of dogs, tanks, wider and longer strikes, etc... doesn't warrant a $60 purchase in my books. imo those are easily things that the dev. could have done earlier, and it makes me wonder "why wouldn't they have just done this b4" it seems to me that the dev. seem to hold out on putting things in so that they can sprinkle them in latter in a different game, charge 60 and then just simply redo the same game w/ slightly different twists.

wicked_d365
10-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah, after playing it for a while the new has worn off and I too don't see this as a worthy candidate of my money. I'm glad I only paid 10 bucks for my beta. I'll at least rent it or borrow it from somebody for the campaign and achievements.

y2kash_14
10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I think I've played this long enough to have a good feel of what the game is going to be like. It's very unremarkable. This just goes to show that Treyarch can't handle this series.....it should just be left in the hands of Inifinity Ward all the time! First the CoD3 debacle and now this.

mattgame
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, what a change of opinion!! Never mind with the code.

Conchord
10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Its not being done by Infinity Ward? What the hell?

Symmetric-XBA
10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
no infinity ward is not doing this new COD. Imo save your $60. This game is a rental at best.

y2kash_14
10-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Wow, what a change of opinion!! Never mind with the code.

It was fun at first. But I grew out of it VERY fast. The maps are dull and the weapons are too unbalanced (although I played a little bit of hardcore and the balancing issues aren't much of a factor here)

mattgame
10-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Rental it is.:cheers:

Omen28
10-23-2008, 01:47 PM
You know what I find funny is that this is the exact same thing with every big multiplayer games Look at Halo 2 compared to Halo 3, Rainbow Six:Vegas to Vegas 2, Gears of War to Gears of War 2. They are just keeping the same gameplay and added a few perks. I mean do you guys want them to revolutionize the game? Then it wouldn't be the same game and everyone would still *****. And as for Infinity Ward not doing the game, thats just an excuse to ***** more. I bet you a million dollars that Infinity Ward wouldn't have changed half the stuff. if Infinity Ward did another one, they would have probably added a few perks, maps and a couple guns. I bet all of you would praise it then. just because someone wanted to change it up, change the perks, weapons, maps, pretty much everything except gameplay. So I don't understand why everyone is *****ing. Either that you don't like it in WW2 or you don't like that Infinity Ward isn't doing it, or you have just played so much CoD4 that you are just sick of it. IDK, I am still going to pick it up because I like it except for the weapons so far. I like a couple but some disappointed me. And if you might say, "Oh, well maybe you didn't play enough CoD4 to go threw what we are going threw" well I just tell you now, I am 10th prestige and have 3 or 4 golden guns, so I have played A LOT of CoD4. So I am just curious why everyone is *****ing.

Watch Gears though, and how much praise that is going to get. But yet, from what I have seen, it is the same gameplay just a few new weapons and curb stomps. In no way am I bashing Gears, I can't wait for Gears, but just think about all the other big multiplayer games and think why exactly yo don't like a game.

y2kash_14
10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't think you understand. I have no issues with anything they added (or didn't add) I have issues with some of the GAMEPLAY mechanics. And yes, that IS Treyarch's fault.

Omen28
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think you understand. I have no issues with anything they added (or didn't add) I have issues with some of the GAMEPLAY mechanics. And yes, that IS Treyarch's fault.

What gameplay mechanics?

Oh, and BTW, I just had to rant a little bit because of what I have been hearing. Not necessarily on here but while playing also.

Conchord
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
For $60 ****ing dollars, they better reinvent to goddamned wheel.

Symmetric-XBA
10-23-2008, 11:53 PM
ok first off you're right about some of what you posted Omen. Halo however, had a great storyline (that died off @ halo 3), and that was worth the game. Granted it had the same weapons, controls, etc.. but the story is what helped sell that game. When you see mc at the end of halo 2 sneaking on board sayin "I'm going to go finish this" and then the game cuts to say "to be continued.." and instantly you're waiting for halo 3. Vegas and Vegas 2 was more of the same so in that instance you're correct. Granted new maps and what not but the general mechanics are the same and the stoyline was def. weaker than halo so no improvement there either. Gears is a different story simply because its not out yet and we can't judge on its story or what not.
If you like COD5, then by all means get it. I'm just stating my opinion that for $60 its not worth it in my view. Your comment of "I bet you a million dollars that Infinity Ward wouldn't have changed half the stuff. if Infinity Ward did another one, they would have probably added a few perks, maps and a couple guns. I bet all of you would praise it then", is absolutly a joke b/c if Infinity ward did all that you said, then yes I would still say the game is stale and not worth the money. It doesn't matter who does the game so long as the game is done well to begin with. I couldn't care less if 3 guys in a garage came up with a game that had a story and gameplay mechanics that blew me away with it being innovative and highly creative, I'd still buy it for the enjoyment that it provides. So get my million dollars ready.
My beef with the game is that its nothing very innovative and shows a clear case of lazy development. Its like saying "we already have the game, lets just polish it up and add a few things, tweak a little here and there and then release it to the public". That to me is absolulty lazy and because of that I won't be buying the game. Its not that I don't like WWII games (lord knows theres a million to choose from), or that I don't like it b/c Infinity ward isn't doing it, its b/c like I said I think those dev. are lazy for doing what they have done. We know already that our hopes are not high for a good storyline, so thats out of the question, so what "groundbreaking innovations" have they done for this game?? Imo nothing.

Slacker
10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Hell even I have the beta and Never even played COD4 online that much if my Slacker lazy ass can get the beta then so can anyone,,, it averages around 13 thousand players online and is freaking awesome except for the WHOLE freaking teams who use the Under map glitch on Roundhouse ,,, Freaking wussies

Omen28
10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
ok first off you're right about some of what you posted Omen. Halo however, had a great storyline (that died off @ halo 3), and that was worth the game. Granted it had the same weapons, controls, etc.. but the story is what helped sell that game. When you see mc at the end of halo 2 sneaking on board sayin "I'm going to go finish this" and then the game cuts to say "to be continued.." and instantly you're waiting for halo 3. Vegas and Vegas 2 was more of the same so in that instance you're correct. Granted new maps and what not but the general mechanics are the same and the stoyline was def. weaker than halo so no improvement there either. Gears is a different story simply because its not out yet and we can't judge on its story or what not.
If you like COD5, then by all means get it. I'm just stating my opinion that for $60 its not worth it in my view. Your comment of "I bet you a million dollars that Infinity Ward wouldn't have changed half the stuff. if Infinity Ward did another one, they would have probably added a few perks, maps and a couple guns. I bet all of you would praise it then", is absolutly a joke b/c if Infinity ward did all that you said, then yes I would still say the game is stale and not worth the money. It doesn't matter who does the game so long as the game is done well to begin with. I couldn't care less if 3 guys in a garage came up with a game that had a story and gameplay mechanics that blew me away with it being innovative and highly creative, I'd still buy it for the enjoyment that it provides. So get my million dollars ready.
My beef with the game is that its nothing very innovative and shows a clear case of lazy development. Its like saying "we already have the game, lets just polish it up and add a few things, tweak a little here and there and then release it to the public". That to me is absolulty lazy and because of that I won't be buying the game. Its not that I don't like WWII games (lord knows theres a million to choose from), or that I don't like it b/c Infinity ward isn't doing it, its b/c like I said I think those dev. are lazy for doing what they have done. We know already that our hopes are not high for a good storyline, so thats out of the question, so what "groundbreaking innovations" have they done for this game?? Imo nothing.

I see, but how can you call it lazy development? Like I said they just followed what everyone else is doing. They added co op and new guns perks, maps and a whole different setting. Gears is doing like the same thing except Epic didn't take Gears to a whole other world . They didn't revolutionize anything. As for CoD 5, they completely changed everything except gameplay and all of the core stuff. So if they could be compared to all the other big boys in the business, they changed more than anyone else has done. They took it to another world basically, added a ****load of more stuff, or basically changed it. If anything they should be very high rated for what they have done. And if they changed it too much they would have been *****ed at for changing the thing.

As for your million dollars, we will never know who wins because Infinity Ward isn't doing it, and this exact situation will never come up again, with the same game, and everything.

Symmetric-XBA
10-24-2008, 05:47 PM
I see, but how can you call it lazy development? Like I said they just followed what everyone else is doing. They added co op and new guns perks, maps and a whole different setting. Gears is doing like the same thing except Epic didn't take Gears to a whole other world . They didn't revolutionize anything. As for CoD 5, they completely changed everything except gameplay and all of the core stuff. So if they could be compared to all the other big boys in the business, they changed more than anyone else has done. They took it to another world basically, added a ****load of more stuff, or basically changed it. If anything they should be very high rated for what they have done. And if they changed it too much they would have been *****ed at for changing the thing.

As for your million dollars, we will never know who wins because Infinity Ward isn't doing it, and this exact situation will never come up again, with the same game, and everything.

I call it lazy b/c like you said they added: new guns, perks, maps and a whole different setting. This IS lazy b/c A) new guns is almost a given with a new game set in a new timeline. They are not going to have modern warfare weapons when we are talking about WWII, its just logic. B) New maps? Thats not innovative due to the fact that its set and staged in WWII, so of course the maps will be different. C) Co-op feature? Isn't this something that they could have done years ago? Not very innovative considering all the co-op games that are already out there and have yet to come out, so nothing new there.
As for Epic and Gears, we will have to wait and see if the story will bring this out of the same catagory due to the fact that they are also in my catagory of "lazy development" b/c they have added some new weapons (oh woopie), some new animations (wow, neato), and the addition of some new modes in multiplayer (couldn't this have been done sooner? nothing groundbreaking there). So yes Epic has a lot to live up to in my eyes and the only thing that can save it is the story imo, however, we will have to wait and see.
Cod5's situation is basically the same. You say that they "changed everything except the gameplay and core "stuff"", however, all of that is basic. Of course you will have new weapons and maps due to the fact that its a different game, so of course weapons and everything will have to change, however, ALL of this is something that could have been done BEFORE and thats why I call it lazy development b/c if they could have done it before, why didn't they? Why would they just set the game up in a whole new area and basically do a carbon copy w/ a few adjustments and then drop it on the public and expect us to pay $60 for it? Sweet, they have a co-op feature, however this is something that could have been done before w/ the COD series so this isn't anything "groundbreaking". Imo this game delivers nothing that could have been done before, no worthwhile story, and basically a nothing innovative that would constitue a $60 purchase. You were right though, other games have and do fall into the same lazy development catagory.
I'd rather have Epic focus on the story of gears rather than new kill animations. Sweet gow2 has a "meat shield" but couldn't they have done that before? yes. Sweet gow2 has a "shield" aspect now, but couldn't they have done that before? yes. So other titles not just COD5 fall into the same catagory for me, this is why the story is so important. That is why games like Dead Space provide such an innovative and original feel and amazing storyline b/c it is all fresh and new and very very original. However, don't get me wrong, now if they come out w/ a series or even a sequel to Dead Space, then they will be up to a MASSIVE challenge b/c they will need to keep it "fresh" and provide something innovative to not fall into the "lazy development" catagory, so imo EA has a mountain to climb if they want to top the first one. Bottom line I'm tired of developers saying "oh this is new..." and "we've added this..." b/c bottom line is that they could have taken extra time in the original development to do all this and more. I understand the COD series is very popular and I even own 2 different copies of COD4 (for my collectors edt. library), however, if all you want to do is log online and shoot people w/ friends and whatnot, then that doesn't provide much "substance" to spending $60 at all.

Omen28
10-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I call it lazy b/c like you said they added: new guns, perks, maps and a whole different setting. This IS lazy b/c A) new guns is almost a given with a new game set in a new timeline. They are not going to have modern warfare weapons when we are talking about WWII, its just logic. B) New maps? Thats not innovative due to the fact that its set and staged in WWII, so of course the maps will be different. C) Co-op feature? Isn't this something that they could have done years ago? Not very innovative considering all the co-op games that are already out there and have yet to come out, so nothing new there.
As for Epic and Gears, we will have to wait and see if the story will bring this out of the same catagory due to the fact that they are also in my catagory of "lazy development" b/c they have added some new weapons (oh woopie), some new animations (wow, neato), and the addition of some new modes in multiplayer (couldn't this have been done sooner? nothing groundbreaking there). So yes Epic has a lot to live up to in my eyes and the only thing that can save it is the story imo, however, we will have to wait and see.
Cod5's situation is basically the same. You say that they "changed everything except the gameplay and core "stuff"", however, all of that is basic. Of course you will have new weapons and maps due to the fact that its a different game, so of course weapons and everything will have to change, however, ALL of this is something that could have been done BEFORE and thats why I call it lazy development b/c if they could have done it before, why didn't they? Why would they just set the game up in a whole new area and basically do a carbon copy w/ a few adjustments and then drop it on the public and expect us to pay $60 for it? Sweet, they have a co-op feature, however this is something that could have been done before w/ the COD series so this isn't anything "groundbreaking". Imo this game delivers nothing that could have been done before, no worthwhile story, and basically a nothing innovative that would constitue a $60 purchase. You were right though, other games have and do fall into the same lazy development catagory.
I'd rather have Epic focus on the story of gears rather than new kill animations. Sweet gow2 has a "meat shield" but couldn't they have done that before? yes. Sweet gow2 has a "shield" aspect now, but couldn't they have done that before? yes. So other titles not just COD5 fall into the same catagory for me, this is why the story is so important. That is why games like Dead Space provide such an innovative and original feel and amazing storyline b/c it is all fresh and new and very very original. However, don't get me wrong, now if they come out w/ a series or even a sequel to Dead Space, then they will be up to a MASSIVE challenge b/c they will need to keep it "fresh" and provide something innovative to not fall into the "lazy development" catagory, so imo EA has a mountain to climb if they want to top the first one. Bottom line I'm tired of developers saying "oh this is new..." and "we've added this..." b/c bottom line is that they could have taken extra time in the original development to do all this and more. I understand the COD series is very popular and I even own 2 different copies of COD4 (for my collectors edt. library), however, if all you want to do is log online and shoot people w/ friends and whatnot, then that doesn't provide much "substance" to spending $60 at all.

I agree to a certain degree. What would you have them do? Like I said, they can't do to much because then people will just ***** that it is not like the first one. So in your opinion, what would you have them do? After all it is a sequel. Its just a continued story, and a few different perks and modes. So I am curious what would you have them do?

Symmetric-XBA
10-25-2008, 06:02 AM
I agree to a certain degree. What would you have them do? Like I said, they can't do to much because then people will just ***** that it is not like the first one. So in your opinion, what would you have them do? After all it is a sequel. Its just a continued story, and a few different perks and modes. So I am curious what would you have them do?

Well first off, its not a sequel if you go "back in time". If it were a true sequel then it would involve more of the modern warfare theme. I would have loved to have seen waw become a campaign style action movie. What I mean by that is I would have loved to have had a VERY deep storyline in which you are sent in to either uncover the truth of something Hitler's nazi army has been working on in secret. I would love to have multiple twists as well, not just 1 big twist that way the gamer has a fresh perspective constantly and is constantly kept on their toes. I've read about the "nazi zombie" mode you get at the end of the game which to me I think has to go, or if they kept it at least provide gamers a greater sense of involvement when trying to figure out how these came to pass. Also instead of massive armies and battles and what not, keep it small like a small special ops infiltration team that is designed specifically for recon and taking out major targets that your massive armies designate for you ahead of time and it becomes your choice how to maneuver your small squad (either split them up to go down multiple paths for flanking, or keep them as a team and focus your fire). I have other ideas as well, but the main important thing is to get the story right. Make the story something that the gamer at the end goes :yikes: simply because of the way it was developed and experienced. Imo as well it seems to me that the CoD franchise is getting very stale very fast so I know ppl won't like to hear this, but just put the franchise down and start work on an original IP. Very few games have survived 5 titles deep by keeping storylines fresh. When it makes gamers feel that you are releasing a game just to pocket $60 of their money then its time to end the cod series or do something that will TOTALLY change up the entire experience. One thing I would have liked to have seen was do a co-op mode where you can have your 4 players split, 2 play for the "good" side and 2 play for the "bad" side, and each level becomes a toss-up as to who will win, make achv. for it as far as win every level when playing good, or the same for bad. Something like that b/c it would have provided a fresh experience to have you go up against memebers of your own party and also make the party associations random so that way its always fresh and you cant just keep stacking weak players against you. I have more ideas but its just something to keep the "fresh" feeling in the cod series.

Shawn-XBA
11-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Just a heads up to everyone that didn't get into the private beta, the beta is now available on the marketplace for everyone to download.

mattgame
11-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I finally got to play and I must say I am enjoying it. I think the aiming is more accurate, I love the dogs, and the maps are awesome better than COD4 imo.

Variation-XBA
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm really enjoying the beta, but I'm trying to not buy it when it comes out as I don't have the cash...

Someone keep me in mind when they are going to go trade theirs in. (Not you Matt, I'd rather the 360 version) :p

Shawn-XBA
11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm really enjoying the beta, but I'm trying to not buy it when it comes out as I don't have the cash...
The game is going to be awesome, you already know the multiplayer is awesome. Single player 4-player co-op is going to be amazing and don't forget the Zombie mode you unlock for beating the game.

Not helping right? But I couldn't help it :D

mattgame
11-05-2008, 09:04 PM

Someone keep me in mind when they are going to go trade theirs in. (Not you Matt, I'd rather the 360 version) :p

Gears is gonna take up all of my 360 time. PS3 version will be just as good right?

Variation-XBA
11-05-2008, 09:43 PM
PS3 version will be just as good right?

Haha.....yea, with that awesome online service :rolls eyes: :rofl:

mattgame
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
PS3 is gettin it right?

Enamelized420
11-09-2008, 01:34 PM
yes COD5 will be on the PS3 console as well...