PDA

View Full Version : Whats the order in which I should buy these games

wasabi_
10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
So much stuff coming out but I dont want to just buy them when they come out since I wont be able to play them for a while.

I already have Fable 2 preordered so that should keep me occupied in gaming for a while.

But so many other things to buy.

Dead Space
Saints Row 2
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Mirrors Edge
Left 4 Dead
Street Fighter 4
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (already preordered)
Far Cry 2

Basically, what games do you think will drop in price faster then the others, since I might as well buy the games that will retain their values first, and then get the others when they are cheaper and finished the ones I already bought.

GamerSince'76
10-12-2008, 04:34 PM
In order of keeping their value

Dead Space

Gears of War 2

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

Saints Row 2

Mirrors Edge

Street Fighter 4

Left 4 Dead

IMHO.

Alex5101
10-12-2008, 05:03 PM
The top 5 can really be re-ordered anyway. Although. Left 4 Dead could be a gamble, Valve is pretty good when it comes to deals for gamers, so it may drop price. Only maybe though.

Fallout 3
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Far Cry 2
Mirrors Edge
Saints Row 2
Street Fighter 4

Omen28
10-12-2008, 05:49 PM
So much stuff coming out but I dont want to just buy them when they come out since I wont be able to play them for a while.

I already have Fable 2 preordered so that should keep me occupied in gaming for a while.

But so many other things to buy.

Dead Space
Saints Row 2
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Mirrors Edge
Left 4 Dead
Street Fighter 4
Far Cry 2

Basically, what games do you think will drop in price faster then the others, since I might as well buy the games that will retain their values first, and then get the others when they are cheaper and finished the ones I already bought.

Gears of War 2

Fallout 3

Saints Row 2

Left 4 Dead

Far Cry 2

Dead Space

Mirrors Edge

Banjo Kazooie

Street Fighter 4

Variation-XBA
10-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Don't count on any dropping by xmas, or even shortly there after. They are AAA titles mostly and will keep their value.

Depending how quickly you beat games, I would go in order of release to be honest. Or wait till you are finished one and move on to the next.

My order though would be (though I buy stuff on day 1 anyways):

Saints Row 2 - this month
Dead Space - this month
Fallout 3 - this month
Gears of War 2 - early nov
Mirrors Edge - nov
Left 4 Dead - mid nov
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (already preordered) - november
Far Cry 2 - nov?
Street Fighter 4 - next year (far off)

Shawn-XBA
10-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (only 39.99 when it releases)
Far Cry 2
Left 4 Dead
Dead Space
Saints Row 2
Mirrors Edge
Street Fighter 4

GamerSince'76
10-13-2008, 10:06 AM
I thought Far Cry 2 is coming out on Oct. 21st? I think they did away with the genetic engeneering/mutant aspect of the game. Anyone know for sure?

Shawn-XBA
10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
I thought Far Cry 2 is coming out on Oct. 21st? I think they did away with the genetic engeneering/mutant aspect of the game. Anyone know for sure?
Yeah, Far Cry 2 is coming out next Tuesday. As for the genetic thing that was in the first one, I haven't heard anything about it being in this one. But I also haven't heard that it wouldn't be either. I've watched numerous gameplay and interview videos and there was no indication that it will be included in this one. I hope that its not, as I didn't care for it.

I'll be picking it up, it won't ship out till Tuesday though so I won't have it till Thursday. I will let you know if it is or isn't included in the game for sure.