PDA

View Full Version : EA Announces 'Army of Two' Movie

Omen28
10-25-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/690389/EA_Announces_Army_of_Two_Movie.html

Electronic Arts announced this morning that an Army of Two movie is on the way!

The flick will be produced by Universal Pictures, EA and Scott Stuber beginning in 2009. Screenwriter Scott Z. Burns, who co-wrote The Bourne Ultimatum, will adapt the game for the screen. No stars or director have been announced as of yet, but here's how the screenwriter described his take on the flick on Variety's game blog:

The ambiguity of these private military corporations lends weight to an intelligent thriller with relevance to what's going on in the world right now. You have contractors with their own agendas, and two guys whose friendship supersedes all the politics. I told EA right off the bat I wasn't a gamer, and that appealed to them because they didn't want to simply replicate the game.'

“Our goal is to be in business with the highest level artists and producers as we adapt exciting games such as ARMY OF TWO into compelling film and television entertainment,” said Patrick O’Brien, Vice President of EA Entertainment.

Army of Two is a co-op action game for the PS3 and 360 that features a pair of often-masked soldiers-of-fortune who travel the world making jokes, helping each other climb up on things and shooting red barrels and bad people.

I was wonder what everyone thought of this. I don't know what to think. I love the game but I a not sure if it would make a good movie. I was just curious what everyone else thought about it.

GamerSince'76
10-25-2008, 11:25 PM
As long as it's not as cheesy as the game, sure why not. Then again that will work better in a movie than it did in the game.

Ainokeatoo
10-26-2008, 02:17 AM
As long as it's not as cheesy as the game, sure why not. Then again that will work better in a movie than it did in the game.

I don't know, if you've ever been to america in the past decade, you'd know we're a big "Shoot, blow up, boomy" thingy kinda movie goers. I think, if they make this movie as real as it could be, think of the other war type shootey movies that did well in the box office. they would have a hit. I notice, that most shooting military something or other, movies, do very well with the general public.

Nurb
10-26-2008, 03:29 AM
I can see into the future!

...It sucks...

Variation-XBA
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
All depends on who the main two actors are going to be and if they have the chemistry to feed off each other

thAshAdyOne
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
All depends on who the main two actors are going to be and if they have the chemistry to feed off each other

you WOULD be the one to say that...

Reclaimer
10-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Well, if they want the movie to be like the game then actor A will help boost actor B up the side of an obstacle at which Actor B gets shot to death and you can't get up the obstacle on your own to save him.. game over.

Then.. at several points in the movie the actors waste time by blinging out their guns with gold kits.

Hey.. I liked the game. A little..

Ainokeatoo
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, if they want the movie to be like the game then actor A will help boost actor B up the side of an obstacle at which Actor B gets shot to death and you can't get up the obstacle on your own to save him.. game over.

Then.. at several points in the movie the actors waste time by blinging out their guns with gold kits.

Hey.. I liked the game. A little..

Hehe... Actor A can help boost actor B, be an ******* and instead of grabbing his hand for him to help actor A up, he instead lets the extra's tear Actor B a new one. *snicker* It's what I did in the demo

Snake Eyez
10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Anyone else thinking of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence?

Variation-XBA
10-28-2008, 12:44 AM
you WOULD be the one to say that...

Maybe I should have reworded that :rofl:

Ainokeatoo
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Anyone else thinking of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence?

LMFAO That'd be pretty cool.

WynnFire
11-03-2008, 02:12 AM
First they made sh*tty games and now sh*tty movies? What's next?