PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 Looks Amazing

GamerSince'76
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Link:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fallout-3/preview/the-infinite-potential-of-fallout-3/a-2008100312283974082/g-20070606111037562096

Obviously this is just a small sample of what you can do.

Ainokeatoo
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Link:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fallout-3/preview/the-infinite-potential-of-fallout-3/a-2008100312283974082/g-20070606111037562096

Obviously this is just a small sample of what you can do.

=/ Is this an open world game? I have no idea what fallout 3 actually is, I get the hint it's an rpg but what kind? Is it, sandbox? Like GTA IV? Or is it one of those, stick to storyline and side quest ones, where you're sent into an area and you have to get to the end of the level then go to the next one game?

Basically, if I don't wanna do storyline quests and side quests can I go run around the city like a maniac?

Ninja Scroll
10-26-2008, 07:11 PM
If Gears Of War2 wasnt about to come out I would cop this game ASAP. But I hate to have my games at home back logged waiting to be played. I'm finally all caught up now except for Mass Effect.

FallOut looks great, but it's bad timing IMO. I'm sure im not alone.

Symmetric-XBA
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
=/ Is this an open world game? I have no idea what fallout 3 actually is, I get the hint it's an rpg but what kind? Is it, sandbox? Like GTA IV? Or is it one of those, stick to storyline and side quest ones, where you're sent into an area and you have to get to the end of the level then go to the next one game?

Basically, if I don't wanna do storyline quests and side quests can I go run around the city like a maniac?

Yes Fallout 3 you can pretty do whatever you want. Think of it like Oblivion just a thousand times better. You have a main quest you can do, or there are side quests as well you can do, or if you want to just roam around you could literally walk right to the heart of downtown d.c. right from the beginning of the game. However, all this exploration does come at a price, depending on the area you are in of d.c. will determine what types of enemies you may encounter. For example there are some "brute" like giants in the heart of the city. You can go there right from the start and never even start the main quest, however, don't expect to survive very long lol. This game does give you the freedom to maneuver throughout a MASSIVE washington d.c. You have the ability if you wanted to walk from you vault, to the washington monument, go ALL the way up to the TOP and then go back down and walk to the Lincon memorial, and then from there you can walk to the capital and head down to 1600 and see the hole in the earth that was the white house. This game is going to be PHENOMINAL, esp. w/ a storyline that I'm betting will rival Dead Space's. For the love of god pick this game up, you will not be disappointed. lol

GamerSince'76
10-27-2008, 05:56 PM
I just paid for Fallout 3 in full. Blockbuster had them right there on the counter but of course they wouldn't sell me one. :confused:

Marcello
10-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I just paid for Fallout 3 in full. Blockbuster had them right there on the counter but of course they wouldn't sell me one. :confused:

I imported the Limited Edition, should arrive by the begining of november :D

Marcello
10-28-2008, 10:25 AM

If it's like Fallout 1 and 2 than itr's VERY open world. I remember that in Fallout 2 you played as a tribal, descendent of what they called "The Vault Dweller" (who's simply the dude you played with in Fallout 1, only now the tribals elevated him as some sort of legend), and your viallage is going through a lot of trouble lately, so they choose you to go around the remains of the Western USA to search for a G.E.C.K. (garden of eden creation kit - results may vary ;) ), which is something that every Vault was supposed to have, but yours ain't working correctly or wa slost (or something), well that's the only main quest for the whole game, however as soon as you stepped out of the village you realized the SIZE of the game, you could ignore completly the main quest and go for side-quests or anything else you wanted (you could really help a town and be idolized, or start killing children (!!!) and get labeled as "child-killer", so yes, to be evil in Fallout 3 means to be VERY evil). During the story you met several npcs who could turn into friends or simply hate you and leave or even attack you (I remember hitting my allies too much once, because of bad aiming, and having them "hunt" me down ¬¬), the game has only humans and mutated creatures (due to radiation), the "zombies" in the game are not "zombies" per se, they are called ghouls but they are merely very rotten humans who have somehow survived in that decaying state, most of them in Fallout 2 were pretty neat guys, though they were hated by most people due to their appearence :p You also have the "mutants" which are the huge ugly beast-men which, are also heavily mutated humans, and finally the Brotherhood of Steel, which is a sort of army of the wastelands, in Fallout 2 they seemed to be quite unfair and abusive of their power though...

Ainokeatoo
10-28-2008, 02:53 PM
If it's like Fallout 1 and 2 than itr's VERY open world. I remember that in Fallout 2 you played as a tribal, descendent of what they called "The Vault Dweller" (who's simply the dude you played with in Fallout 1, only now the tribals elevated him as some sort of legend), and your viallage is going through a lot of trouble lately, so they choose you to go around the remains of the Western USA to search for a G.E.C.K. (garden of eden creation kit - results may vary ;) ), which is something that every Vault was supposed to have, but yours ain't working correctly or wa slost (or something), well that's the only main quest for the whole game, however as soon as you stepped out of the village you realized the SIZE of the game, you could ignore completly the main quest and go for side-quests or anything else you wanted (you could really help a town and be idolized, or start killing children (!!!) and get labeled as "child-killer", so yes, to be evil in Fallout 3 means to be VERY evil). During the story you met several npcs who could turn into friends or simply hate you and leave or even attack you (I remember hitting my allies too much once, because of bad aiming, and having them "hunt" me down ¬¬), the game has only humans and mutated creatures (due to radiation), the "zombies" in the game are not "zombies" per se, they are called ghouls but they are merely very rotten humans who have somehow survived in that decaying state, most of them in Fallout 2 were pretty neat guys, though they were hated by most people due to their appearence :p You also have the "mutants" which are the huge ugly beast-men which, are also heavily mutated humans, and finally the Brotherhood of Steel, which is a sort of army of the wastelands, in Fallout 2 they seemed to be quite unfair and abusive of their power though...

Wow, this sounds like a badass game, I never played fallout 1 or 2 =/ but it sucks cuz I feel like I missed out lmao. Blah, but this really sounds fun, I gotta scrounge up a fifty somewhere and reserve this game.

mattgame
10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Do you guys have any money I can borrow?

Unreal
10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I will probably start playing my copy tomorrow. The lunchbox is a little small but still a cool CE. BTW, it does look amazing.

GamerSince'76
10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
I was surprised to see how it starts out. I'll get more into it tomorrow after work.

thrAsher
10-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm so glad this game isn't a pushover. It's a kickass, bleak, humorous, bloody, challenging game. And it's mo'fuggin' FALLOUT!

GOTY, kids.