PDA

View Full Version : Must Own Game of the Month: October

y2kash_14
11-01-2008, 03:28 AM
I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread like this to help those gamers on a budget. With the holidays around the corner a bunch of amazing games are starting to come out and many budgets may only allow one game per month. So I say we take a vote each month to see what game deserves your money, starting with October. So post just ONE game and a little something about why it deserves your money.

My vote for this month goes to Fallout 3. This game is HUGE and VERY time consuming. It is definitely worth the 60 bucks and will keep you occupied for a long time.

THE VERDICT:
Fallout 3

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
FABLE II
DEAD SPACE
ROCK BAND 2

Ainokeatoo
11-01-2008, 03:39 AM
I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread like this to help those gamers on a budget. With the holidays around the corner a bunch of amazing games are starting to come out and many budgets may only allow one game per month. So I say we take a vote each month to see what game deserves your money, starting with October. So post just ONE game and a little something about why it deserves your money.

My vote for this month goes to Fallout 3. This game is HUGE and VERY time consuming. It is definitely worth the 60 bucks and will keep you occupied for a long time.

THE VERDICT:(undecided, needs more votes)

I second that, it sounds like a good game, nice and open how I like'em. I'm sure this is going to be GOTM here, unless Gears launches this month, which I doubt.

Shawn-XBA
11-01-2008, 04:55 AM
Fallout 3 is defiantly the game of the month. Runner-up is Fable 2.

And great idea y2kash, I'll have to make sure this keeps going. Would be a great monthly feature.

wicked_d365
11-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Left 4 Dead. 5 dollars off if you reserve at gamewhore. Your welcome.

y2kash_14
11-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Left 4 Dead. 5 dollars off if you reserve at gamewhore. Your welcome.

Save that for the November discussion buddy. :cheers:

Variation-XBA
11-01-2008, 01:46 PM
October: Rock Band Bundle if you like music games, Fable 2 for RPGers

wicked_d365
11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
My bad. This month I would say Dead Space. Worth every penny.

Omen28
11-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I would have to say Fallout. The game is just so huge and so many things to do there is no other game like it. I think it is game of the year for sure, depending on how well Gears is. But def. game of October.

Symmetric-XBA
11-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Main pick for October: Fallout 3 - the sheer size and depth on top of the high amount of "replayability" (if thats even a word lol) makes this a perfect home for your $60 worth of enjoyment.

2nd place: Dead Space - The story and innovations that I've praised on here is worth the $60 alone, this game being an original IP proves that you don't have to be part of a "series" in order to produce a massive title. (you don't know how hard it was for me to put Dead Space 2nd lol)

3rd place: Fable 2 - Very expansive, however, there are some bugs and issues that I have found that place this below both Fallout 3 and Dead Space, as well I'm not so sure that I'm liking the voice acting better than dead space or fallout 3.

just my opinions but each of these games I feel is a "must buy" I've gotten a chance to play through the first 3 levels of GOW2 and all I can say is "eh, its alright". The story from what I got to experience was "eh" and the combat gets another "eh" from me. Nothing like having a reeaaalllyyyy slllowwwww shotgun.

thrAsher
11-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Tough month, a lot of good games, but Fallout 3 just destroys the competition for sheer size and depth alone. Dead Space was also fantastic, but it just can't compete with a monster like Fallout.

Unreal
11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
I am going to have to go with Fallout 3. The world is so big and there is so much to do that it is almost intimidating on what you should do next. :D

LINKINPARK8591
11-02-2008, 12:39 PM
My bad. This month I would say Dead Space. Worth every penny.
agreed worth the money.

I am going to have to go with Fallout 3. The world is so big and there is so much to do that it is almost intimidating on what you should do next. :D
i'm gonna have to pick it up at some point.

Zeitgeist
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Main pick for October: Fallout 3 - the sheer size and depth on top of the high amount of "replayability" (if thats even a word lol) makes this a perfect home for your $60 worth of enjoyment.

2nd place: Dead Space - The story and innovations that I've praised on here is worth the $60 alone, this game being an original IP proves that you don't have to be part of a "series" in order to produce a massive title. (you don't know how hard it was for me to put Dead Space 2nd lol)

3rd place: Fable 2 - Very expansive, however, there are some bugs and issues that I have found that place this below both Fallout 3 and Dead Space, as well I'm not so sure that I'm liking the voice acting better than dead space or fallout 3.

just my opinions but each of these games I feel is a "must buy" I've gotten a chance to play through the first 3 levels of GOW2 and all I can say is "eh, its alright". The story from what I got to experience was "eh" and the combat gets another "eh" from me. Nothing like having a reeaaalllyyyy slllowwwww shotgun.

how can you have an opinion on 2 games you haven't even played? (according to your GT) :confused:

OBL infad3ll
11-03-2008, 09:16 PM
1. dead space (hands down this has become my favorite game of all time)
2. Fallout 3
3. far cry 2
4. fable 2
5. command and conquer: red alert 3

those are my top 5 for october, but like others Dead Space overall!

Symmetric-XBA
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
how can you have an opinion on 2 games you haven't even played? (according to your GT) :confused:

lol b/c i'm ususally at my friends house playing them lol his wife hates xbox so when i'm there to umm.. *cough, cough* he goes and deals w/ his umm.. "wonderfull" wife lol and i play xbox lol.

Zeitgeist
11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
lol b/c i'm ususally at my friends house playing them lol his wife hates xbox so when i'm there to umm.. *cough, cough* he goes and deals w/ his umm.. "wonderfull" wife lol and i play xbox lol.

which is why I will never get married unless she's a gamer-chick! so you didn't like gears though? I'm assuming it was a bootleg copy....

wicked_d365
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I played Fallout over the weekend at my friends. Not worth the hype. Don't get me wrong. It's a sweet game, but Dead Space is just way better. More intense, more action, way better story.
Fallout has the replay factor because it takes forever to do everything, but after a few hours of roaming around, I was bored. The VATS system is a nice change of pace, but the animations get old.
Just my opinion.