PDA

View Full Version : Most Gamers Shop Wal-Mart First

Shawn-XBA
11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
IGN's recent 'Are You Game?' study revealed that Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, is also king when it comes to videogame sales. Respondents to the survey picked Wal-Mart as the number one place they shop for games. GameStop and Best Buy share the second place spot, while Target came in third. After that there appears to be a considerable drop off as other retailers fight for the scraps of consumer attention.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/926/926389/098980_1225736736.jpg

--

I'm kinda surprised that Wal-Mart is # 1, I'm guessing because they are always open and you can get the game right at midnight instead of waiting for another store to open up. Personally I buy all my games from Amazon, about 5 dollars cheaper, no taxes and free shipping. Downside is most of the time I get it 2 days after its release unless they offer release day delivery.

Kamshaft
11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Also the fact they sponsor this site helps too!
:cool:

CrazyCougar
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I will admit I tend to buy games at Walmart first. Only because it convenient when picking up household items to stop by the video game section and check out whats new or whats on sale.

Enamelized420
11-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Hmm who would've thunk it, but does make sense.. As cougar stated go to pick up a few things and swing by the Electronics section to increase the Game collection...

Ainokeatoo
11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Of course, walmart is a household name. They often have some good things at bargain prices (bought my new computer/monitor bout a week ago from walmart) plus they're everywhere. Places like Bestbuy etc. are dotted about you don't find them everywhere at least not here, and they're a specialty store to a certain extent. Though I would have to say people where I live shop more at Fry's electronics rather than Best Buy, think of fry's as a super walmart, but for electronics.

CrazyCougar
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Yup, its all about convenience.

Dr_J
11-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I satisfy all of my gaming needs at Best Buy.

CrazyCougar
11-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I wish we had a Best Buy nearby because I would definitely use it. Oh well.

Variation-XBA
11-05-2008, 01:40 AM
I'd never even think about going to Wal-mart. The reason they do so well is cause parents etc go there to do shopping and if their kid is with them, guess where they want to stop and look in the store.

you can't get much worse for service than a wal-mart if you actually need to get an answer for a question

Ainokeatoo
11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
I'd never even think about going to Wal-mart. The reason they do so well is cause parents etc go there to do shopping and if their kid is with them, guess where they want to stop and look in the store.

you can't get much worse for service than a wal-mart if you actually need to get an answer for a question

=/ That depends, though, you can find all your questions (mostly) answered on the web. Though walmart are *******s when it comes to returns.

Marcello
11-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I love the USa. I sghould've been born American not Brazilian, I mean, those delicious "chicken fingers" of yours (I dunno what you do to the chickens, but they taste much better and it's like they "melt" in your mouth!!!) and the gorgeous hamburguers, but even better than all that: THE HUGE GAMESTORES! o.o
When i go to the US I usually buy my games at Gamestop (I never got it why some games that are NOT used are unsealed, but heck, as long as they work...), I find the guys pretty decent and they know how to help when you need help. In Brazil I usually buy from a store called Netunia, they get me some great prices cause I've been buying stuff with them for years so I have some special discounts :p

Omen28
11-05-2008, 02:21 PM
**** WALMART!!:cuss:
I hate Walmart, I try to never shop there. I don't think i have been there in years.

Snake Eyez
11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I'll stop at Best Buy first, then Walmart second. Target would be third, and I hate going to circuit city.

CrazyCougar
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Circuit City has some really good unadvertised deals from time to time. I have walked in there and picked up games out of their bargain bin which is marked anywhere from 20-30 dollars and when they ring it up it shows as 6 to 8 dollars. Can't go wrong with that price.

WillyV2
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Everyone must realize that Wal-Mart > all.

LINKINPARK8591
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
don't care too much for walmart, i prefer target first or gamestop.

Steeps5
11-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I pretty much always go to Walmart because it is the only store near me that sells games. And that's 20 minutes away. There is almost never any lines in the electronics department and I never really have problems with service unless I can't find anyone to open the cabinets (or whatever they're called).

I go to Gamestop which is about 30 minutes away only when I either want to trade in some games or to preorder. (CoD: World at War, Mirror's Edge, Tom Clancy's EndWar)

l Maximus l
11-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Gamestop is usually where I go. Not to sound like I'm too cool, but, I can honestly count on one hand how many times I've been to Wal-Mart...each any every time, I regreted it. It's not necessarily what they have that I can't stand - it's parking and walking a football field just to get to the store, then, walking past all of the parents who are beating their kids down...

Ainokeatoo
11-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Gamestop is usually where I go. Not to sound like I'm too cool, but, I can honestly count on one hand how many times I've been to Wal-Mart...each any every time, I regreted it. It's not necessarily what they have that I can't stand - it's parking and walking a football field just to get to the store, then, walking past all of the parents who are beating their kids down...

lol Gotta work those legs maxi.

Anywho, I only had one regret from wal-mart, and that was the tv I bought from them earlier this year that only lasted a month before it locked up on me, but it was partly bad customer information on my part. I shouldn't have looked at that brand.

dutchrebel
11-18-2008, 01:58 PM
its just really convenient to shop at wallmart. everything in one place right

Steeps5
11-18-2008, 06:34 PM
its just really convenient to shop at wallmart. everything in one place right

I could also agree with that lol

mattgame
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Of course, walmart is a household name. They often have some good things at bargain prices (bought my new computer/monitor bout a week ago from walmart) plus they're everywhere. Places like Bestbuy etc. are dotted about you don't find them everywhere at least not here, and they're a specialty store to a certain extent. Though I would have to say people where I live shop more at Fry's electronics rather than Best Buy, think of fry's as a super walmart, but for electronics.

Their games are the same price as anywhere else save maybe those 3 cents. I got to Gamestop and Eb to get the used games with 10 percent off.

wicked_d365
11-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Best Buy all day. I get my games, movies, cd's, and most electronics there. I get rewards for shopping with them, what do you get from Wal-Mart, nothing, except the opportunity to have to put up with a bunch snot nosed little kids who's parents can't keep in line running around the place, pissing me off.

I do pick up used games at Gamestop every now and then, but I mostly get them from ebay. Sure, I have to wait a few days, but to save 5-40 dollars, and not have to deal with the BS in the store, I'm down.

Ainokeatoo
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
I do pick up used games at Gamestop every now and then, but I mostly get them from ebay. Sure, I have to wait a few days, but to save 5-40 dollars, and not have to deal with the BS in the store, I'm down.

Lol Gamestop is to far away, Gamecrazy is my Gamestop, basically the same thing, just branched off a Hollywood Video store.

Ebay is good if you don't get ripped off.

And with wal-mart you get what you pay for unfortunately, sometimes it's really good, some times it's not. Oh well what can ya do?