PDA

View Full Version : half of Planned Features For New Xbox Experience Were Cut

Omen28
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/690665/Half_Of_Planned_Features_For_New_Xbox_Experience_Were_Cut.html

According to Microsoft, only half of the features they had originally planned to include in the New Xbox Experience will be part of the initial launch on November 19th.

Some of the bigger features that were cut include the ability to share movies across the party and the recently delayed Primetime, which will be released in the Spring of 2009.

"There's still a lot of stuff we want to do," said Microsoft's Jerry Johnson. "Half the things we wanted to do we cut out of the service." Thankfully, the new dashboard will allow Microsoft to add applications much more frequently than one of two times a year.

This brings them closer to the way Sony handles firmware updates on the PS3 and PSP, but those tend to be more iterative and focus on bug fixes rather than new features.

Ainokeatoo
11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Congratulations G4 you just started a ****ing flame war to hell.

This is the reason why I left the G4 boards, they're all either PS3 **** boys that'll try to piss off ms fanboys every chance they get. Or they're 360 fanboys who are the same as PS3 fanboys. They should do something about it's members, it's ridiculous.

Shawn-XBA
11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that Primetime got delayed. But I'd rather see certain things get delayed then the whole update just so they can get everything in it. I'm glad they are taking the time to get some of the added features right. I'll be happy once the update is out so all these "hardcore gamers" that think its childish will stop posting about it, the new update isn't childish at all. So what there are avatars, they look nothing like the mii's, the mii's are 2D and the avatars are 3D. A lot more customization can be done with the avatars as opposed to the mii's. Best part about it you can just create one and forget about it after that if you want to, but I can almost gaurantee you that once this avatar store comes out that all these people that are saying they arn't going to buy any clothes will once they see a t-shirt and/or hat with there favorite game on it. "Hardcore gamers" are also made about the current blade system being replaced with something else. Ok, the blades are nice, but they are slow to move from each one. Change is good, the new dashboard is lighting fast and looks very nice. Overall great face lift and some great added features. It's just a dashboard update, don't know why people would get so mad about it, your going to play around with it for about 10 mins and go to play games again anyway.

/rant

BananaMan
11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Personally, I think the avatars are gay. I don't think 16+ year old guys want to play dress up with a virtual doll. Stick to gamerpics, worry about gaming and more useful features.

Unreal
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I am still looking forward to it regardless what gets cut at launch. I am sure they will get added later on.

Ainokeatoo
11-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I am still looking forward to it regardless what gets cut at launch. I am sure they will get added later on.

Exactly! Something new everyone should be somewhat excited. Don't get me wrong, our dashboard is good enough, it does what I want it to do, and even some extra things that I found interesting that it can do. But, after three years of seeing the same thing all the time, i'm glad there's a change, a rather large one, something new to see when I spend my whole five minutes at the dashboard for whatever reason.

Not to mention we can now download the games to the HDD that's big, any gamer no matter who you are or what type you are, should be happy about this new feature. Downloaded games should mean a few things, possibly faster load times, quieter system, cooler system, and by the end of your gaming session, you wouldn't have lost a few pounds from all the sweat the heat of the room took out of you.

Shawn-XBA
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Not to mention we can now download the games to the HDD that's big, any gamer no matter who you are or what type you are, should be happy about this new feature. Downloaded games should mean a few things, possibly faster load times, quieter system, cooler system, and by the end of your gaming session, you wouldn't have lost a few pounds from all the sweat the heat of the room took out of you.
Thats what I'm looking forward to, its so loud when spinning the disk. At least you really don't hear it over the sound of the game but you can still kinda hear it over the game sound. Cooler wouldn't be a bad thing either, when I play for about an hour or so it starts to get hot in the living room where I play.

Ainokeatoo
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Thats what I'm looking forward to, its so loud when spinning the disk. At least you really don't hear it over the sound of the game but you can still kinda hear it over the game sound. Cooler wouldn't be a bad thing either, when I play for about an hour or so it starts to get hot in the living room where I play.

I mainly play in a closed slightly small room, and during the summer it gets hot, especially with my computer running as well as the xbox and the T.V. Though I normally don't notice it until I stop playing for a few minutes. The quieter system is definitely a plus especially when some people only play one or two different games normally. Not to mention the whole downloadable feature will abolish the risk of having your games getting scratched due to something in the system.

BananaMan
11-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Sweating a few pounds off might not be a bad thing for a few people. But I agree, some of the new features are good. And whoever gave me negative for posting an opinion, thank you.

Marcello
11-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Personally, I think the avatars are gay. I don't think 16+ year old guys want to play dress up with a virtual doll. Stick to gamerpics, worry about gaming and more useful features.

Aye! I also don't find the idea of Wii like avatars... I like the new design of the stuff that's for sure, but that didn't ask for avatars, I also would like the ability to create private chat-rooms so I could talk SIMULTANEOUSLY with a lot of people instead of having to "change channels" all the time ¬¬

Not Green
11-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Aye! I also don't find the idea of Wii like avatars... I like the new design of the stuff that's for sure, but that didn't ask for avatars, I also would like the ability to create private chat-rooms so I could talk SIMULTANEOUSLY with a lot of people instead of having to "change channels" all the time ¬¬

If I remember correctly, isn't this a feature they added? Also, there is no point to get upset about a dashboard update. It isn't like us complaining is going to put it on hold. Microsoft is just trying to make the flow of the dashboard better. They want you to be able to utilize all of the features they have on the dashboard. Whether you believe it or not alot of people don't know about all of the features that the dashboard offers. Microsoft is trying to remedy this. Don't worry, I doubt anyone will be disappointed. Like everyone else has said if you dislike it, you will mess around with it for around 10 minutes and go back to your regular gaming life. But for those people, you have to think of the gamers who will like it and will spend a lot of time on it.

Ainokeatoo
11-06-2008, 01:42 PM
It isn't like us complaining is going to put it on hold.

=/ Don't even play around like that, I can't wait for this update lol

LINKINPARK8591
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
i'm looking forward to it, just something new. The avatars i think will be interesting. I'll admit i'll probably be one of the people to kinda of explore the dashboard for a good while, checking out settings etc....... then continue to play games. More than likely i'll use a avatar, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ainokeatoo
11-06-2008, 08:03 PM
i'm looking forward to it, just something new. The avatars i think will be interesting. I'll admit i'll probably be one of the people to kinda of explore the dashboard for a good while, checking out settings etc....... then continue to play games. More than likely i'll use a avatar, we'll just have to wait and see.

Psh no doubt I will, when in rome do as the romans do! When there's something new, do everything you can do! lol... But nah, I'll make sure I know the new dashboard for future purposes.

Marcello
11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
If I remember correctly, isn't this a feature they added? Also, there is no point to get upset about a dashboard update. It isn't like us complaining is going to put it on hold. Microsoft is just trying to make the flow of the dashboard better. They want you to be able to utilize all of the features they have on the dashboard. Whether you believe it or not alot of people don't know about all of the features that the dashboard offers. Microsoft is trying to remedy this. Don't worry, I doubt anyone will be disappointed. Like everyone else has said if you dislike it, you will mess around with it for around 10 minutes and go back to your regular gaming life. But for those people, you have to think of the gamers who will like it and will spend a lot of time on it.

Well, one way or the other I ahve to agree with you. I do find out "new" things to do in dashboard time and again auhahuahu Plus, if they put it on hold to deliver something better, I'm all ok with that... as long as it's worth the wait right?

Ainokeatoo
11-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Well, one way or the other I ahve to agree with you. I do find out "new" things to do in dashboard time and again auhahuahu Plus, if they put it on hold to deliver something better, I'm all ok with that... as long as it's worth the wait right?

Pft hell no, take out what needs to be worked on, then release it as 'late' updates, just make sure the downloading thingermabob is in there. =/ That's basically the really only big feature i'm waiting for. As I have no time for anything else, I'm trying to find a good PCI wireless card for my pc =/ which sucks cuz I don't wanna spend a lot Blah anyways back onto important stuff.

Marcello
11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Pft hell no, take out what needs to be worked on, then release it as 'late' updates, just make sure the downloading thingermabob is in there. =/ That's basically the really only big feature i'm waiting for. As I have no time for anything else, I'm trying to find a good PCI wireless card for my pc =/ which sucks cuz I don't wanna spend a lot Blah anyways back onto important stuff.

Someone's hyper on getting the "new expirience" :rolleyes: ahuhuahuaahuuh

ChessPieceFace
11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Im looking forward to the NXE. To me the avatars are no different then having a myspace page.

Symmetric-XBA
11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
eh, whatever, this isn't going to make my gaming experience any better. lol figures another ms update that gets half-@$$ed. i'm just glad its free.

LINKINPARK8591
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
eh, whatever, this isn't going to make my gaming experience any better. lol figures another ms update that gets half-@$$ed. i'm just glad its free.

no just cuz this comment, turns out some of the features will turn out to cost credits. LOL

WynnFire
11-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Sony Fanboys are crazier than the actual Sony Playstation employees. Sometimes I over hear conversations from Sony employees talking about their 360's and what they play.

Variation-XBA
11-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Sony Fanboys are crazier than the actual Sony Playstation employees. Sometimes I over hear conversations from Sony employees talking about their 360's and what they play.

I don't hide the fact I own a ps3. Though it's mainly used for the movie stuff.

Ainokeatoo
11-16-2008, 11:10 PM

LMFAO No ****, you see it everywhere on youtube. Ps3 is good, yes, but no good games, not worth the purchase yet. When videos come out solely on Blu-ray then I get a ps3 or a blu-ray player whichever comes cheaper.

Then again, sony fanboys and 360 fanboys are mostly children, and childish adults. =/

BananaMan
11-17-2008, 12:14 AM
I've stuck with Xbox since day one of its launch. Why? Because they provide the gaming experience that I enjoy. They have the best online service, and at the time of Live's launch was the only all broadbance service. I'm not really a fan boy, but as long as Microsoft continues to provide good gaming consoles, I'll stick with them.

WynnFire
11-17-2008, 03:12 AM
LMFAO No ****, you see it everywhere on youtube. Ps3 is good, yes, but no good games, not worth the purchase yet. When videos come out solely on Blu-ray then I get a ps3 or a blu-ray player whichever comes cheaper.

Then again, sony fanboys and 360 fanboys are mostly children, and childish adults. =/

That's why I haven't picked one up yet. I work at Sony HQ and I see what's coming up in the future but I think I would mainly use it for movies but Blu-ray is just not what it should be.

Symmetric-XBA
11-17-2008, 05:17 AM
the blu-ray is nice i'll admit that, however my loyalty lies w/ ms. granted they may not be able to produce a reliable product, and yes network issues and half-@$$ed updates abound, however, I have to admit that I have gotten the most use out of my 360 out of any system I have ever owned. Granted it does have its faults, and the rrod is now a running joke amongst fellow 360 gamers, but I've gotta give ms credit. They do provide the best system for gaming period.