PDA

View Full Version : May I Vent on Circuit ****ty real quick?

Ninja Scroll
11-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I have to get something off my chest real quick on this Friday night November 7th 2008 aka "GearsOfWar2 DayFTW!"

Aight, now let me start off by stating my electronic spending habbits. It's real easy. I cop (buy) all my shiit at BestBuy, period. With the occational Amazon.com acceptions for sweet ass can't pass up deals.

Well my loyalty to BestBuy is #1 the Rewards Zone program. Okay, you do have to spend a hell of alot of money to get a few returns back. More so $5.00 for every $150.00 you spend if you don't count regular special deals like double or triple points. And the recently announced Rewards Zone Premiere Silver which for whatever you purchase you get an additional 25% added in rewards points. All you have to do is spend $2,500.00 in a calendar year to qualify.
Seems like alot, but I did it real quick just with a new Sony Vaio Blu Ray Laptop and my 360 games/accessories fix.
#2. the service. True there associates dont know there left from there right most of the time, but the stores and online services is pretty damn good.
I find that BestBuy's incentives, ala giveaways, rebates,bonuses etc can't be beat.

So I pre-reserved my Limited Edition GearsOfWar2 game at BestBuy a few weeks ago for $5.00.... well then I see Circuit Shiity advertising Gears2 w/ a FREE 1600 MS Points card if you cop the game on Fri or Sat.

Aight, I already picked up on this scam, and know it is a marketing scheme to get customers to come to the store to find out they have no more points cards, but figure we the common consumer will be like " you dont? damn, well... ill get the game anyways. shoot, i cant waste money on gas in this economy to go anywhere else even though prices are dropping".

Anyways, this is a deal I have to go the Circuit Shiity for, right? This is a no brainer,... a free $20.00 valued MS points card... shoot, that joint has Super Street Fighter II HD Remix written all over it for download later this month! NAW MEAN!?

Okay, so this morning I go on an early lunch to try to beat the rush to Short Circuit this morning.... well, there is no rush,.. and as soon as I went it, there was no game. The fools told me to go to Customer Service... yes,.. customer service with only 1 person helping knowing damn well this game was coming out.

Only 3 people had bought the game when I got there which was about quarter after 10am (the time the store opened) and more people start to get in this 1 line, with 1 chick working.
Come to find out they claiming they are all out of 1600 points cards. BS!!!
I honest to God saw this rep when I first went to the games section before they told me to go to Customer Service open a locked window with games grab a shiit load of those cards and go to CS per a back door.

This was all a scam on CC to get us to only go to them for this card they know damn well they were stashing away.

But check this out. It got to about 10-15 people in line and they were all going off! I was ROFLMFAO and going off with them.
They ended up ordering them for free w/ shipping to everyones addresses. That is only because people got pisssed off! It took all that for them to still process the purchase of the game w/ the card to come in the mail.

Hmmm,... now they wonder why Short Circuit is going out of business. :rofl:

Co ck suckaz service is garbage, always has been.

peep this: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10081736-92.html?tag=mncol

Man, too tired for GoW2 tonight, but Saturday evening/night, it's on!!! :hardcore:

so much for a quick rant. :D You all feel me? Yall naw mean?

oh btw, after I copped Gears2Limited Edition at CC, I went my homies Bestbuy across the street from them to get Scene It Box Office Smash & a TVech 6.0 Cordless phone (yes! No more inferior 2.4GHZ that is always knocking out my wireless connection! I know, it's about time for that upgrade) and guess what. they had a Gears2 kiosk set up with all the versions of the sequel for anyone to grab. Not stashed away hidden in the customer service center for everyone to stand in line forever for.

that's service. BESTBUY4LIFE! CC deserves all the terrible headlines they are getting. Every last one of them, ... including this joint right here that im about to post in 3,...2,...1

ChessPieceFace
11-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I wish I had a Best Buy where I live it would shut down the CC. I despise them so much I never shop there.

StudioAlex
11-08-2008, 10:46 AM
While I don't doubt that the particukar CC you went to was having a severe bout of incompetence, I find it hard to believe this particular instance was indicative of a larger scheme to defraud the public. I mean, it was in their national weekly advertisement (http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/circuitcity/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2397218&rapid=615724&pagenumber=1&prvid=CircuitCity-081102&promotioncode=CircuitCity-081102).

mattgame
11-08-2008, 12:11 PM
So you got the card right?

Moparwill
11-08-2008, 12:19 PM
While I don't doubt that the particukar CC you went to was having a severe bout of incompetence, I find it hard to believe this particular instance was indicative of a larger scheme to defraud the public. I mean, it was in their national weekly advertisement (http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/circuitcity/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2397218&rapid=615724&pagenumber=1&prvid=CircuitCity-081102&promotioncode=CircuitCity-081102).

They used a very similar practice here in the midwest as well. Only a little better organized/orchestrated. At least two of the stores pulled all the cards off the shelf the night before, and had extra staff to handle the customer service line.

Variation-XBA
11-08-2008, 12:31 PM
It's funny because they won't care in a new months when all the stores are gone. I don't know who would shop there in the first place, especially for games

LINKINPARK8591
11-08-2008, 12:41 PM
never liked cc i havent been there in years.

Ninja Scroll
11-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I wish I had a Best Buy where I live it would shut down the CC. I despise them so much I never shop there.

I thought Best Buy stores were all across the country, no? :eek:
Your in Oregon, right?

They used a very similar practice here in the midwest as well. Only a little better organized/orchestrated. At least two of the stores pulled all the cards off the shelf the night before, and had extra staff to handle the customer service line.

Right, exactly. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact. It's a marketing scheme, period.

So you got the card right?

Matt Hardy, did you read the post? :watchout: They said we are all getting our 1600 points card in the mail. said it would be between 5-10 business days,.. or something like that.
As long as it comes before Super Street Fighter II HD Remix i'm good.
The reciept we got confirms the order was placed.

It's funny because they won't care in a new months when all the stores are gone. I don't know who would shop there in the first place, especially for games

And that is why they are folding. The store closest to me (not the one I went to on Friday) is one of the almost 200 stores closing.
Bum asses have a store closing sale and it sucks so far. 20% off DVD's & Blu Ray movies, 5% off computers/laptops.... um, ... 5% doesnt even cover taxes which is 6% in Maryland. :rolleyes: As for the movies, there BR movies are fully prices at MSRP unlike BestBuy & Amazon.
When retailers are having store closings you have to go just right before the final days which for this location is Jan 4th 2009. Oh btw, they didnt have no sale on games. Lame.

BananaMan
11-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree, circuit city sucks brother.

And 6% in maryland? Try 9.5% in tennessee :(

LINKINPARK8591
11-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree, circuit city sucks brother.

And 6% in maryland? Try 9.5% in tennessee :(

i think ours is 7.25% in cali

y2kash_14
11-08-2008, 07:26 PM
4.16% in Hawaii :rofl:

But alas, we have no Best Buy...but we got Circuit ****ty!

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
lmfao 7.75% here oh well.

ChessPieceFace
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
No sales tax in Oregon, but no Best Buy in southern Oregon. Would pay the sales tax to get it tho.

Ninja Scroll
11-09-2008, 12:24 AM
DAMN! And I thought my taxes were high out here in MD,VA,DC area. :eek: Guess you never know how good you really got it until you hear other people got it worse,.. in this case with sales tax. Greedy ass government. Wasting all my hard earned cheese on war.

Did i mention Die Circuit Shiitty Die? :D

GamerSince'76
11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
12% tax in my province. At least we no longer pay $10 more per game than Americans.

Variation-XBA
11-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Yea, you guys shutup about taxes, 14% baby *bent over*

Ninja Scroll
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Yea, you guys shutup about taxes, 14% baby *bent over*

I take it that is without Vaseline? :trippin:

LINKINPARK8591
11-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I take it that is without Vaseline? :trippin:

na man i heard var's completely Vaseline free

Variation-XBA
11-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I choose not to comment!

LINKINPARK8591
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I choose not to comment!

that's a first from what i know, you not wanting to comment.

Ninja Scroll
11-09-2008, 05:01 PM
that's a first from what i know, you not wanting to comment.

He is still in pain with a limp, and does not want to rat on his Sales Tax Catholic overlords! :trippin:

MixMasta
11-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I've had a few bad experiences with CC, but Best Buy is by far the worse B&M establishment for purchasing video games.

And if you are talking about scams, are you familar with the Best Buy intranet scam? They'd have the store intranet set up so they could "prove" their prices were right in case a customer came in with an internet print out that advertised a lower price. That is grimy as ****.

Honestly, Amazon.com / internet is the way to go always.

Ainokeatoo
11-10-2008, 04:29 AM
4.16% in Hawaii :rofl:

But alas, we have no Best Buy...but we got Circuit ****ty!

That sucks, but you guys finally get wal-mart no?

y2kash_14
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Wal-Mart? We've had a Wal-Mart for as long as I can remember....when's the last time you were here buddy???

ChessPieceFace
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Ninja will be happy to know Circuit City is filling for Bankruptcy.

Nurb
11-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I used to work there as a tech when they dumped commission and hired the teenagers, and management somehow didn't understand why they couldn't motivate 16-18 year old minimum wage workers into being the same knowledgable, overly perky salespeople they had when they compensated the workers.

While I worked at the repair bench, I got plenty of complaints over wait time because all of computers, cameras, iPods, printers, and accessories only had TWO salespeople in the whole area. I also was told they missed the commission sales program because they were approached first and the employees knew something. They didn't like buying something expensive from 'some kid'.

But I quit when management started to get to be jerks because of their self-induced frustration and not having enough coverage. Good riddance, but I'd hate to have Best Buy be a monopoly. I don't go to wal-mart because of their business dealings with china and fighting more port security.

Variation-XBA
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Yea, 900 Million is pretty in the hole I'd say

Ninja Scroll
11-10-2008, 06:32 PM

F'N SWEEEET!!!! :cheers:

Did this news just officially happen today? Because I stay up on things like this.

BTW, today I got home and there was something under my carpet at the door way, and I couldnt remember ordering anything I havent recieved yet...
what do you know, it was my 1600 MS Points Card from CC. Must was overnight shipping because I got Gears2 this past Fri morning and got this card this Monday evening.
Well, thanks Circuit shiitty, but to late to right your wrongs now!! :D

Ninja Scroll
11-10-2008, 06:38 PM
And if you are talking about scams, are you familar with the Best Buy intranet scam? They'd have the store intranet set up so they could "prove" their prices were right in case a customer came in with an internet print out that advertised a lower price. That is grimy as ****.

Honestly, Amazon.com / internet is the way to go always.

What else would you expect them to do to counter attack a lier coming into the store with no proof? I commend them for having those bestbuy.com kioks set ups. Plus you can look on them to find items in that store you may cannot find that could be in the stock room.
Speaking of that, a kick ass feature on bestbuy.com will alot you to check all the stores you want to find if they have whatever your looking for in stock.
I know sometimes I will go to the store, cant find it, and the sales associate says "we must be all sold out", .. then I say, "um, no fool, I checked online, get your ass in the stock room monkey!"! :D

And yes, Amazon.com are Gods of internet retail! :cool:

Reclaimer
11-11-2008, 03:33 AM
What else would you expect them to do to counter attack a lier coming into the store with no proof? I commend them for having those bestbuy.com kioks set ups. Plus you can look on them to find items in that store you may cannot find that could be in the stock room.
Speaking of that, a kick ass feature on bestbuy.com will alot you to check all the stores you want to find if they have whatever your looking for in stock.
I know sometimes I will go to the store, cant find it, and the sales associate says "we must be all sold out", .. then I say, "um, no fool, I checked online, get your ass in the stock room monkey!"! :D

And yes, Amazon.com are Gods of internet retail! :cool:

Hey..
First, sorry I wasn't there to accept your game invites. I was out at work, my wife was using our 360 as a music player. I was home earlier playing Rock Band 2 and I bailed out because I got called in to the office. She told me that from time to time somebody named Ninja Scroll kept sending you game invites when I got back.

Second, I wonder how the Circuit City bankruptcy is going to play out like how many stores will close before the entire chain tanks. They just built a brand new pimptacular store in my town. They closed the old funky CC store and moved into a brand new store a mile down the road next to the mall.
The store is brand new.. still has that new store scent.

I hate CC anyway.. new store or not, the employees don't know anything beyond what they're scripted to tell you.

Ninja Scroll
11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey..
First, sorry I wasn't there to accept your game invites. I was out at work, my wife was using our 360 as a music player. I was home earlier playing Rock Band 2 and I bailed out because I got called in to the office. She told me that from time to time somebody named Ninja Scroll kept sending you game invites when I got back.

Second, I wonder how the Circuit City bankruptcy is going to play out like how many stores will close before the entire chain tanks. They just built a brand new pimptacular store in my town. They closed the old funky CC store and moved into a brand new store a mile down the road next to the mall.
The store is brand new.. still has that new store scent.

I hate CC anyway.. new store or not, the employees don't know anything beyond what they're scripted to tell you.

It's all good Reclaimer. I was inviting you to some King Of The Hill Gears2 5 on 5 matches! :cool: I was on a team with Omen28 & Brevity2 (does he still post here? :confused:) and we were owning fools!
Was up till 3am playing with them dudes till I was about to pass out on the couch, told them I had to roll. God knows how long they continued to play! :yikes:
I'm still on Insane Chapter 1 it your ever game for 2player co-op story mode. Damn online multiplayer got me addicted I been avoiding the story campaign.

But yeah, CC is trash. And I read the story about them filing the other day. One thing i agree with about service is how they laid off higher paid employees for younger minimum wage kids to cut payroll. **** backfires every time on these cheap ass retail corporate companies.
Pricing is #1, service is #2 and CC has neither going for them.

One thing I am curious to know is since finding out CC purchases there items as credit from there vendors, how does BestBuy do there business purchases of vendors merchandise items? I would assume outright buy them, but I could obviously be wrong.:confused:

Symmetric-XBA
11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Thats crazy that CC went under. I personally use the "system" in my favor though for my games, except for the limited editions from amazon and what not. "Flipping" can save you literally hundreds of dollars. Easy way to do it is btw gameslop and blocknuster. Every so often bb has a "sale" or deal about b1g1 (buy 1 get 1 on titles $14.99 and below), so then you unload on their used games section (i've cleaned out 3-4 stores locally lol), then you take your hundreds of titles to gs. If you don't have an edge card, get one, they are only $20 and it gives you a percentage back (%10) ontop of your trade in value. Now here's the kicker, gs will offer deals like "trade in 2 titles and get an extra $10" and various other promotions. Now you trade in the games for store credit, use your edge card, and then add on the $10 ontop of that. Here's an example of how it works: lets say you pick up too human at bb for $14.99 and they have 2 copies so you pick them both up. Under bb's "sale" (b1g1) you pay $14.99 for 2 copies of too human! too human - $20 trade in credit + (10% edge bonus) = $22. Now lets say you have another copy of too human - $20 trade in credit + (10% edge bonus) = $22 for a total of $44 trade in credit, then you add on the additional $10 for a grand total of $54 of store credit and you only spent $15 at bb. ALSO sign up for gs's newsletter, I know its a pain to get a newsletter, however, in there they will include special trade in values that if you print them out and bring them to the shop they will honor them!! Case in point, Lego Batman. I picked up MASS copies of this title a few weeks ago on ebay for less than $12 per copy w/ shipping included. The reasoning behind this was that gs was offering "for a limited time" a $30 trade in value for the game if you printed out the flyer and brought it in! So I ended up spending roughly $100 and ended up w/ 10 copies total. Then printed out the flyer, and went to gs to trade in the 10 copies. The cost broke down like this: lego batman (1)$30 + $3(%10 edge bonus) = $33, lego batman (2)$30 + $3(%10 edge bonus) = $33, total $66 + $10 (gs sale) = grand total of $76 (for only 2 lego batman games). now $76 x 5 (ten games total, but $10 extra is for 2 games, so this happened 5 times) = GRAND TOTAL $380 in trade in credit for only 10 LEGO BATMAN GAMES! lol This is how I manage my gaming lol let the system work for you and think of this as an investment. It only takes 1 good "flip" to get the ball rolling, as of now Ive got over $750 of store credit at gs.

Side note as well, you can use your edge card to get % off used titles at gs, so this is good to pick up cheap titles when they are having their "b1g1" and just use your STORE CREDIT, and then go to bb who offers better trade in values, so now you've moved your massive credit from gs to bb and spent nothing out of pocket. Then pick up MORE titles at bb and then "flip" them back to gs. Trust me, when there are like 5-10 games coming out per year that you want to buy, doing this really really helps. Sorry for the long post, hope this made sense to ppl.

Ninja Scroll
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Dude, you just hurt my f'n brain with your buying schemes. :trippin::trippin::trippin:

That just seems like to much to go through to save a buck. I'd rather just wait for the average non Triple A killer app games I want to be out on the market for atleast 6 months and get the new copies in the bargain bin for atleast half the price.
Amazon.com are famous for dropping prices off the quickness if they arent selling.
BestBuy does it too, you just have to catch them in store as they dont advertise all the drops on there website.
I was just in BB yesterday to cop KungFuPanda Blu Ray and saw a bargain bin for all the console software games for $9.99.. only one I really remember for 360 was SuperMan Returns & DOA Extreme BeachVolleyBall 2. :sleeping:

FatBox
11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I <3 cc.

Symmetric-XBA
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Dude, you just hurt my f'n brain with your buying schemes. :trippin::trippin::trippin:

That just seems like to much to go through to save a buck. I'd rather just wait for the average non Triple A killer app games I want to be out on the market for atleast 6 months and get the new copies in the bargain bin for atleast half the price.
Amazon.com are famous for dropping prices off the quickness if they arent selling.
BestBuy does it too, you just have to catch them in store as they dont advertise all the drops on there website.
I was just in BB yesterday to cop KungFuPanda Blu Ray and saw a bargain bin for all the console software games for $9.99.. only one I really remember for 360 was SuperMan Returns & DOA Extreme BeachVolleyBall 2. :sleeping:

see thats where we differ in styles. you're happy to wait 6 months or what not and still pay money for it, where as I prefer to use credit to pay for my games so i can get them the night of the release. You're right amazon and best buy do drop their prices, however, amazon isn't going to drop their price on my fallout 3 survival edition or my gears of war 2 collectors edition lancer bundle so waiting for things like that just isn't going to happen. Out of all the games that I've played in the past 2 years ('08 & '07) I have only had to pay for 3 titles, Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition, Fallout 3 Survival Edition, and Gears of War 2 Collectors Edition Lancer Bundle. Everything else, was paid for on credit so it didn't cost me a penny to purchase it. Granted you say you don't mind waiting, but you still have to pay a discounted price (maybe), however, following my "flips" will get you any game you want and at no cost to you. Its just simple math and logic, make the system work for you, thats why its there. Imagine spending only $100 and turning it around and making almost $400 worth of in store credit??? Imagine what games you could buy w/ an extra $400 of store credit.....