PDA

View Full Version : NXE Game Install Chart

Variation-XBA
11-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Came across this and was pretty impressed, thought you guys would want to see.

http://www.bingegamer.net/2008/so-how-much-time-are-you-saving-xbox-360-nxe-hard-drive-install-chart/

l Maximus l
11-15-2008, 01:49 AM
I find it interesting how Halo 3 actually takes longer to load if saved on the hard drive than it would by playing while the disc is in! lol...crazy...

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?!?

Cool link, Varimeister!!!

Ainokeatoo
11-15-2008, 04:37 AM
I find it interesting how Halo 3 actually takes longer to load if saved on the hard drive than it would by playing while the disc is in! lol...crazy...

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?!?

Blah only nerds play halo 3 still :P

But i'm glad that it'll be faster for GTA since that's really the only game I have been playing.

That and Guitar hero, but I imagine GHIII will run faster with the load times, just a theory.

Unreal
11-15-2008, 09:45 AM
I can't wait to use this feature. A few games I am playing right now take advantage of the hdd as well.

Variation-XBA
11-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Keep in mind that no games have been built to be used in this way either yet. I'm curious to see the difference a game load will be once 'Hard Drive Optimized"

Word~

Ninja Scroll
11-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Also keep in mind this is some off brand no credibility website no one ever heard of. :rolleyes: I dont trust those stats unless it's from a more reliable site like gamespot or ign... or MS for that matter.
I have the Elite 120GB HDD and even though I have alot of space,..well, about 80-90 right now available I will only use this feature for a game I know I will play like it's my last day on earth because they are GB eaters!
If you stuck with a 20GB your not going to be using this for feature for no more than 1 or 2 games top.

btw, what is it about Halo3 that people can't stop playing that game? Kinda like Counter Strike on the original XBox. That game was in the top 10 XBL played titles for years! Unbelieveable! :eek: I love the Halo series, but I can only play it but so much.

Symmetric-XBA
11-17-2008, 05:30 AM
great link var thank you very much! it'll be interesting how saving roughly 10 sec. will affect gameplay.

Alex5101
11-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Good to now, definitely will be installing Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Oblivion.

Lost Odyssey: 23.36 GB! Jesus, I guess we can clearly see why it's better to be all one disc. XD

Ninja Scroll
11-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Good to now, definitely will be installing Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Oblivion.

Lost Odyssey: 23.36 GB! Jesus, I guess we can clearly see why it's better to be all one disc. XD

Lost Odyssey's load times was vastly overrated by videogame magazines & online reviews as most of them reviewed an early version of the game before the games loading time issues was cleaned up so to speak to an extent before the final gold release of the game.

Only loading that is of any notice is before battles. Not too bad in most cases. Only really noticeable when you are fighting one battle after another.

Lost Odyssey is a classic, and the best "TRUE" RPG to be released on the XBOX360 IMO. The story, characters, and excellent ending are qualities no other 360 RPG can equal.

Alex5101
11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I completely agree with you. It's my favorite RPG in my collection, just saying though, I'm not going to be ripping that to my HDD. :P

Ninja Scroll
11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Right, once you beat an RPG you dont play it again,..ever... unless it's FFVII!! :D
Seriously, with RPG's it's one and done. No reply value with that type of genre so uploading it on the HDD is illrelevent if you already played it.
1st on the list is Gears2 without a doubt. That game will get alot more play from me.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2008, 02:05 AM
I completely agree with you. It's my favorite RPG in my collection, just saying though, I'm not going to be ripping that to my HDD. :P

Why you would rip all 4 discs at once is beyond me. You need each disc you are playing on in the drive, so why would you keep the others installed as well?

mattgame
11-19-2008, 07:25 AM
great link var thank you very much! it'll be interesting how saving roughly 10 sec. will affect gameplay.

Bwahahahahaaa!! :rofl:

Shawn-XBA
11-19-2008, 07:41 AM
I've installed Gears 2 and COD: WaW, load times are better which is nice but I really like how quite the system is. I actually turned down my TV because I didn't have to have it turned up to drown out the noise of the disk spinning and fans going. I'd recommend installing any games that you are going to play a lot, saves some wear on your Xbox and is much quieter while your playing.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm enjoying my monocle! (look at my avatar)

Unreal
12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Now that I have had time with the feature I love it. I have my main games downloaded whether it makes a difference or not. Having my 360 run in silent mode is awesome.