PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT Upload Halo3 on your HDD Or Else!!!

Ninja Scroll
11-19-2008, 11:19 PM
According to Bungie you should not at this time, or possibly ever! Or you will infact have "longer load times"! DAMN! :watchout:

Here's the story kids..
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201406.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;img;1

I only put Gears2 on my HDD and did not notice any changes whatsoever in the load times. Only standout was the pleasure of not hearing my Xbox360 Elites fan go crazy anymore like it is vacuuming my apartment while playing anymore! :hump:

Anyone else upload any of there 360 games on there HDD? If so, how is it performing?

Variation-XBA
11-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Halo 3 does load slower, which is indictated on that install chart I posted, but that is the only one.

I've installed Left 4 Dead, Rock Band 2 (with all my RB1 songs) and Gears 2 so far. Anything I'm playing currently I'll install for quieter fans and less wear on the laser.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Halo 3 does load slower, which is indictated on that install chart I posted, but that is the only one.

I've installed Left 4 Dead, Rock Band 2 (with all my RB1 songs) and Gears 2 so far. Anything I'm playing currently I'll install for quieter fans and less wear on the laser.

Ainokeatoo
11-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I uploaded GTA IV onto my 360 I don't see much difference in loading times, but that's ok. I did, however, recognize how much cooler my room was after an hour of playing from the HDD. Thank you MS you have answered my prayers.

OBL infad3ll
11-20-2008, 08:24 AM
uploading any game to the hard drive isnt going to make a huge difference in load times. the most you might cut out in loading time is about 10-20 secounds. sorry to break it to people but if you havent noticed the xbox isnt exactly a quality machine:eek: and neither is the hard drive. now im not a hater of xbox, i love it to death, but there where some serious design flaws and some corners cut in development so some things dont work like they should. anyways since the hdd is subpar and games being developed that are not ment to loaded onto the hdd really doesnt do anything for the actual game its self. really the only gain you will recieve is reduced noise and heat. (which is a major plus, the sound of a chainsaw can really be agravating some times)

Marcello
11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
I installed only Fallout3 3, my Hard Drive has only 20 GB to it and a lot of saves, so this means that NOW I only have 3.2 GB left (Fallout 3 is HUGE). Loading times did NOT get any faster (actually they look slightly slower during the first load of an area, after that it gets pretty fast). What I DID realise is that no glitch of the sort that freezes the videogame has displayed itself so far, in my first playthru, it froze so much that I almost quit the game. Also, on the menu where you choose a slot to save the game (or load), when I was connected to the LIVE the damn thing became slower than a turtle to change from slot to slot (I actually disconnected from LIVE to play Fallout 3), with the instalation it's working normaly as it should.
As for the freezing problems, I actually think it's related to heating the system too much: I've realised that most everyone with a console from 2006 (like mine) were having freezing issues with Fallout 3, and almost no one at all with a "Falcon" generaion videogame were having that problem. So if the instalation makes things cooler, and the Falcon also makes things cooler, than MAYBE the problem is really related to the overheating of the system... And this blessed instalation has saved me ahuauhuah

JakofallAces
11-20-2008, 09:47 AM
According to Bungie you should not at this time, or possibly ever! Or you will infact have "longer load times"! DAMN! :watchout:

Here's the story kids..
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201406.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;img;1

I only put Gears2 on my HDD and did not notice any changes whatsoever in the load times. Only standout was the pleasure of not hearing my Xbox360 Elites fan go crazy anymore like it is vacuuming my apartment while playing anymore! :hump:

Anyone else upload any of there 360 games on there HDD? If so, how is it performing?

ya if you play halo 3 after the update on live then a message from bungie will pop up telling you that its better not to download it to your hdd

wicked_d365
11-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I loaded Gears 2 and it loads slower, and gets choppy, laggy during the game, in single player, I'm scared to try online. I uninstalled it and played from the disk, no jumps or lag.

Ainokeatoo
11-20-2008, 10:10 AM
I wanna see if two worlds got better if it was installed instead of from disk.

Variation-XBA
11-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I wanna see if two worlds got better if it was installed instead of from disk.

You mean someone other than me actually enjoyed that game?

Ninja Scroll
11-21-2008, 08:54 PM
ya if you play halo 3 after the update on live then a message from bungie will pop up telling you that its better not to download it to your hdd

Really? So if you put in Halo3 a pop up message will appear when the game loads informing you not to installed the game on the HDD?

If so, that is great they did that for gamers who don't frequent the internet as much to see the warning from Bungie.

I loaded Gears 2 and it loads slower, and gets choppy, laggy during the game, in single player, I'm scared to try online. I uninstalled it and played from the disk, no jumps or lag.

I thought it was just me, but I did have 1 freeze in Gears2 during single player story mode after I put Gears2 on my HDD. Other than that 1 hicup it has been straight.

Bashgordon
11-22-2008, 05:58 AM
I did it with Call of Duty 4... actually the only thing i noticed is that you can't really hear the dvd-drive anymore...thats it.... loading times are the same more or less....

GamerSince'76
11-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Since I don't play online I loaded all my games on the HDD. I'll check out Halo 3 to see how it plays. I think that disc drive issues are second only to the RRoD so I would rather use the drive as little as possible.

Steeps5
11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I haven't installed any games to the hard drive yet but I would probably only need GTA IV installed so I don't have to deal with the load times and pop-ins all the time.