PDA

View Full Version : Who loves NETFLIX on your 360?!?!?!

MXracer721
11-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I just tried out this new feature, and think it is cool as hell! Awesome step forward in my opinion for sure. Do you need it? Nope. But it sure is nice to have! Who's with me?

Snake Eyez
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Any problems with streaming the movie on the Xbox? My fear is that since I have a marginal internet connection, then the movies will lag and thus not be an enjoyable watch.

Variation-XBA
11-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Don't speak about this feature with so many Canadians around :(

hellonearth159
11-20-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry it's not available everywhere yet but it is a great service.

I have FIOS so I've had absolutely no issues. My only complaint is that streaming isn't available for the entire library of netflix. There must be licensing issues with streaming new releases.

mattgame
11-20-2008, 09:51 PM
I like it.

Omen28
11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I love Netflix on my Xbox 360!

MXracer721
11-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I haven't had any streaming issues yet, although I have a pretty good connection. When a movie is loading it detects your speed and adjust movie quality accordingly. I was watching Scarface earlier and had only 1 hiccup where it adjusted while the movie was playing. After that, it was nothing. The video quality is very good although I'm only watching on a newer 27" tube tv. Sorry for you Canadians out there, that's unfortunate. As for the video library.....yea it is kind of annoying you can't view all the movies, but just about anything that can be viewed instantly on their website can be viewed on your 360. So no, can't view everything but I can honestly say that when I first bought my 360 I never thought I would see the day I'd be streaming movies from my queue on Netflix on my xbox!

wicked_d365
11-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I love it. I usually get one stoppage at the very beginning of the stream, cause I have a decent connection, only 8, can't get the 10 in my area, but it reloads and not a problem after.
I watched half the first season of 30 Rock last night. Netflix rules. They just need to increase the size of the stream library, and make it to where we can pick stuff from our Xbox.

thAshAdyOne
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't have netflix...can I cheat and still stream?

Symmetric-XBA
11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
would have been better if they had enstilled some form of hd content, but b/c they only do standard def. its pointless if you own an hdtv.

Ainokeatoo
11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
would have been better if they had enstilled some form of hd content, but b/c they only do standard def. its pointless if you own an hdtv.

Not pointless, shoot, it beats wasting 20 dollars on running down to the store to grab a high def movie, or having to wait for one to come to your door. When you can just stream the same movie but in standard definition. It works, it's fine.

Oh and var: Netflix feature (just for you ;D)

wicked_d365
11-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Most of the newer t.v. series are in HD, like 30 Rock, Office, Heroes. There is alot in HD, you just have to look.

Ry
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't speak about this feature with so many Canadians around :(

+1 .. I agree . :(

hostchecker
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Its badass
http://photosnag.com/img/837/t08j1110iyaz/cool.gif

Ninja Scroll
11-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Not pointless, shoot, it beats wasting 20 dollars on running down to the store to grab a high def movie, or having to wait for one to come to your door. When you can just stream the same movie but in standard definition. It works, it's fine.

NO NETFLIX HD = NO NINJA SCROLL. Standard def is for bums. I'd rather blow 20-25 beans at Bestbuy/Amazon for a blu ray movie I can watch and keep forever.
And the fact you have to go through your PC to watch on your 360 is going through to much. You might as well order it ONDEMAND from your cable provider. :cool:

Zeitgeist
11-22-2008, 12:58 AM

might want to check your facts before spouting off BS...there is HD content and more is being added all the time. HD content is completely new for netflix, give them some time to add more content.

Symmetric-XBA
11-22-2008, 09:57 AM
might want to check your facts before spouting off BS...there is HD content and more is being added all the time. HD content is completely new for netflix, give them some time to add more content.

Ok first off Netflix's tv shows that ppl say are in HD, thats swell, but my directv offers all of the shows that I want to watch in at least 1080i and now they have added a lot of movies that are in 1080p (for only $3), and when you figure in the fact that my hddvr auto records programs and movies to my 1tb hdd i'm not in any danger of running out of room anytime soon. Netflix's movies are in standard def. for the 360 so I'm not spouting bs. So according to your oh wise words why should I give them time to add content when I have the ability already? Thats why I was saying netflix is pointless for me. This is a quote from endgadget " The real question is: when will everyone else follow suit, and how quickly can we expect current Netflix streamers to get the HD upgrade?" The reason is due to bandwidth, it will require a lot higher bandwidth to seamlessly stream a file thats over 5x the size of a normal movie. So as of now here's how it stands, I pay once for my xbl subscription and a monthly service charge for my directv hddvr service which already provides all my shows and movies in at least 1080i quality so explain to me oh wise one why I should pay for netflix's standard def.? Bottom line, I'm not spouting bs, this thread was for people's opinion on it, and I have mine.

Ainokeatoo
11-22-2008, 10:38 AM

Oi oi, no bashing, he's correct. Sym means, that the feature is not important to him, because what they stream in HD he can already get, and more from a separate service that he's already paying for. So at the moment, unless Netflix starts streaming more HD content now, for him, it's useless.

Symmetric-XBA
11-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Oi oi, no bashing, he's correct. Sym means, that the feature is not important to him, because what they stream in HD he can already get, and more from a separate service that he's already paying for. So at the moment, unless Netflix starts streaming more HD content now, for him, it's useless.

thank you. thats exactly right. I look at it as i'm saving an investment as well b/c since directv offers movies and tv shows in at least 1080i I'd personally rather just stick to paying my xbl subscription once a year and then my monthly expenses for my sat. service. granted i hate commercials, but thats what the dvr feature is for lol.

MXracer721
11-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Whoa people are getting a little too crazy in here. You are talking about BUYING movies instead of watching them on their 360.....Netflix is for renting movies not buying them. The Netflix on 360 comes along with an unlimited plan with Netflix (which is the only plan you can currently purchase now for, 8.99 the cheapest). Watching on a 360 is just an added perk. If you want HD movies sign up with Netflix and have Blu-Ray movies delivered to your house, not that big of a deal. Then if you don't want to wait for a movie then watch a movie on your 360.

Ainokeatoo
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Whoa people are getting a little too crazy in here. You are talking about BUYING movies instead of watching them on their 360.....Netflix is for renting movies not buying them. The Netflix on 360 comes along with an unlimited plan with Netflix (which is the only plan you can currently purchase now for, 8.99 the cheapest). Watching on a 360 is just an added perk. If you want HD movies sign up with Netflix and have Blu-Ray movies delivered to your house, not that big of a deal. Then if you don't want to wait for a movie then watch a movie on your 360.

No no, Direct TV allows you to rent movies, for 3 dollars, and Sym was just stating that because he has Direct TV he can rent HD movies for 3 dollars through his direct tv service, versus paying money to stream the same movie but in lower quality. Basically he doesn't see a real need for the service at the time.

Variation-XBA
11-22-2008, 12:49 PM
+1 .. I agree . :(

See, someone else that feels my pain :(

I hate you -_-

MXracer721
11-22-2008, 03:53 PM
No no, Direct TV allows you to rent movies, for 3 dollars, and Sym was just stating that because he has Direct TV he can rent HD movies for 3 dollars through his direct tv service, versus paying money to stream the same movie but in lower quality. Basically he doesn't see a real need for the service at the time.
Yea i get that you can pay 3 bucks for streaming each movie you wanna watch. I just see paying 9 bucks for renting dvds (or blu-ray for another 1.00 a month) and then on top of that being able to stream movies on a 360 whenever you want an extremely good deal whether you are hell bent on having HD or not. I have Netflix and Xbox Live so it works out very well. I'm sure it will work out well for many others too, hopefully the streaming video library constantly grows!

Ainokeatoo
11-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I hate you -_-

;) Love you to baby.

hot-girls
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
In Canada we don't have netflix, I wish!. Anyone know of a Canadian equivalent?

Variation-XBA
11-23-2008, 02:17 AM
In Canada we don't have netflix, I wish!. Anyone know of a Canadian equivalent?

Nope, we don't get it in any shape or form sadly. Hopefully like when the Movie Marketplace launched, we'll just be a few months behind if we're lucky

Steeps5
11-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I guess the feature is kinda nice how you can watch movies on your 360 through netflix but the only thing I will ever watch it for is heroes. They don't have any of the newer movies that are coming out on dvd this year which is why I might never even use it...

Zeitgeist
11-24-2008, 06:52 PM

when did i bash anyone? all i said was check your facts. And that's not what he intially said, he just said he wishes they instilled some form of HD content, not that it's pointless for him becuase he has DTV.

l Maximus l
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not a subscriber, but likely will become one because of this feature! Oh yeah, and I'm not Canadian!!!

Variation-XBA
11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm not Canadian!!!

:cuss::cuss::cuss:
Damnit Max, I'm coming over some day

BananaMan
11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't see why everyone is acting like this is so amazing and new. Couldn't you stream movies from xbox live anyway? I watched them from the movie library on there all the time...

So what's this do? Add the netflix branding and make you pay for another service to get a few more streamed movies?

wicked_d365
11-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't see why everyone is acting like this is so amazing and new. Couldn't you stream movies from xbox live anyway? I watched them from the movie library on there all the time...

Yes, but you had to pay to "rent" each movie on Xbox, and once you started it, you had 24-48 hours to finish then it was gone. With Netflix, you pay per month (cheapest unlimited stream plan is 8.99 a month w/ 1 dvd) and you can load your list full of stuff, I have around 75 items on mine right now, and watch anytime you want, on your Xbox or PC. It even picks up right were you left off on both.

BananaMan
11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
I see.

I understand how that could be better. I usually just watch a movie once though and never again haha.