PDA

View Full Version : Help with my monitor

Ainokeatoo
12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Alright i need some help with my monitor.

These are my inputs.

Signal Inputs: Analog (VGA) - 15-pin mini d-sub VGA
Digital (DVI-D) - 24-pin DVI-D with HDCP

My computer is using the Analog VGA but my question is, can I find a Dvi-d cable or whatever it's called to connect my xbox to my monitor? Or should I find a dvi whatever cable to hook my computer to my monitor and just get the vga cable for the 360?

Or can someone help me find a cheap Dvi cable for my computer so I can get the vga cable for my 360

Variation-XBA
12-04-2008, 07:19 PM
There is only a VGA cable from the 360 to Monitor, no DVI cable. If your VGA is already being used from your PC, you COULD get a VGA to DVI converter so that you could use the plug in theory, but I've not tried this.

You should hook your PC up through DVI if possible if your video card allows this and then setup your 360 through the VGA cable.

gameking28
12-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I got an HDMI to DVI converter at Best Buy for $30 (sh*t is expensive!) so I could hook up my 360 to my monitor.

If you don't have an Elite or Halo edition 360 I've got no idea how you'd go about it.

m4oH
12-05-2008, 06:03 AM
woah it's like everyone in this thread speaks a foreign language...que tal hombres

Ainokeatoo
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
There is only a VGA cable from the 360 to Monitor, no DVI cable. If your VGA is already being used from your PC, you COULD get a VGA to DVI converter so that you could use the plug in theory, but I've not tried this.

You should hook your PC up through DVI if possible if your video card allows this and then setup your 360 through the VGA cable.

Do you know if there is a Dvi to vga cable so that I could hook up my computer to the empty input? I went and got the intec vga cable for my 360 (and omg playing games in 720p widescreen seriously made me giggle in excitement as the first game I popped into the 360 was Gow 1 where you were underground right before you got to the pump station, everything looked fricken awesome.). So I'm wondering, is there a dvi to vga cable so I can put the dvi part into the back of the monitor and the vga to the back of the computer? If not I was looking at some dvi to vga adapters I'm looking for a cheap one anyone know what to look for?

Variation-XBA
12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Yea there is a DVI to VGA adapter you can get, it usually comes with a lot of video cards too. Stop by a radio shack or Best Buy or something.

Ainokeatoo
12-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Yea there is a DVI to VGA adapter you can get, it usually comes with a lot of video cards too. Stop by a radio shack or Best Buy or something.

Thanks, i'll make sure to hop on down to radio shack, it's right next to walmart anyways.