PDA

View Full Version : Legendary???

rezzurekted
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Im thinking of buying Legendary tomorrow as i bought BIA:Hells Highway on saturday and i only got to play it properly on sunday and now im on the last mission so its goin back tomorrow as i noticed it was on the 2 for £30 range so i will get it again in a few weeks, But anyways i was thinking of swoping it for Legendary as its on sale and looks pretty good but basic i know it aint a high class FPS but im just wondering if anyone has played it and could give me some more information on if its any good.

Cheers

:hardcore:

Variation-XBA
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Might wanna check some reviews, they've been very MEH so far.

rezzurekted
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
i know ive been doin some research on it and it like a 70+ /30- feedback on it really the -30 being people who only play 5 star FPS's by major publishers, tbh tho its gotta be better than BIA:HH because that game just has no atmosphear im only gonna get it again because i collect war games excluding fall of liberty and i know its made by the same company but it looks like they tried on this game

CrazyCougar
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid of this game. I for one wouldnt waste my money on it. This is part of the reason there is no review on XBA for it as it makes no sense to put up a review for a game that is quite frankly, terrible and frustrating.

rezzurekted
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
seriously? surely it cant be that bad man? i know it looks basic but is it as bad as fall of liberty?

Ainokeatoo
12-08-2008, 04:09 PM
seriously? surely it cant be that bad man? i know it looks basic but is it as bad as fall of liberty?

Good reviews and people who liked something are always good. But it's the negative people who didn't give so good reviews that you pay attention to. Especially if the comments are negative in nature. Why? Because you'll find that the game that is so hyped, isn't so hot.

CrazyCougar
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Lets just say I would not spend my hard earned cash on it. Just being associated with Fall of Liberty should put up a flag for everyone. A review is just one person's opinon and eveyone has the right to form their own opinon, but there are too many variables that point to this title as being bad.

Ainokeatoo
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Lets just say I would not spend my hard earned cash on it. Just being associated with Fall of Liberty should put up a flag for everyone.

Oh god, Fall of Liberty was such a failure, everything was just horrible about that game. I liked the idea, it had potential, but it turned out bad.

A review is just one person's opinon and eveyone has the right to form their own opinon, but there are too many variables that point to this title as being bad.

Of course, but I meant that, most repetitive negative comments about any particular good, such as a certain computer set up that continually shuts itself down by itself, or a game's fps is horrible *two worlds*. Usually ends up being true, and I as a consumer, would steer clear of the purchase.

BananaMan
12-08-2008, 07:52 PM
the plot line for turning point seems awesome, i had never heard of the game. too bad it sucks

rezzurekted
12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
i think im gonna give it a go and buy it tomoz coz hell if its sh*t then i can always take it back lulz

CrazyCougar
12-09-2008, 07:17 AM
It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts after playing this for a minute or 2. :)

BunnyRabbit
12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I was really excited and looking forward to this until I heard some reviews...It wasnt a select few...it was all the ones I came across.

rezzurekted
12-09-2008, 07:50 AM
It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts after playing this for a minute or 2. :)

dont worry man i will be posting a review about it aswell. im off to go and get it now anyways and then probly return it 2 hours later lulz

rezzurekted
12-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Well people i never actaully bought the game today, BUT i did make my cousin buy it instead lol I test play it and honestly i can say without lying that this (legendary) is a pretty sweet game, I know it aint the 5 star game that was promised but this is a really good title worth playing! It is nothing like the last game the produced (turning Point: Liberty falls) this is a damn fine game with some great ideas, sure theres some bad points ie the minotor doesnt look all that good, and the veiw on the zoom on a weapon could of been better but other than that its pretty good and for its price its a bargin!, The first mission is full of destruction and theres lots going on around you, Cars falling out of the sky, Buildings colapsing etc this is a pretty good game for a basic FPS well worth a look after youve done at the 5 star titles, Dont go off Turning Point because this is in a different league than that sh*t, As the old saying goes "Dont knock it till you tried it"

CrazyCougar
12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Have you hit the frustrating repetitive parts yet? Constant werewolves attacking you at every angle. We're talking hundreds before you make any headway. Glad you enjoy it, but I will still pass after my previews of the game. To me the game is very generic and it feels like you are playing Doom 2000 or something.

Ainokeatoo
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Have you hit the frustrating repetitive parts yet? Constant werewolves attacking you at every angle. We're talking hundreds before you make any headway. Glad you enjoy it, but I will still pass after my previews of the game. To me the game is very generic and it feels like you are playing Doom 2000 or something.

I agree, I'm watching the gameplay and it looks very generic. I don't like playing FPS's on computer, fps was meant for console imo.

Clintman
12-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Well people i never actaully bought the game today, BUT i did make my cousin buy it instead lol I test play it and honestly i can say without lying that this (legendary) is a pretty sweet game, I know it aint the 5 star game that was promised but this is a really good title worth playing! It is nothing like the last game the produced (turning Point: Liberty falls) this is a damn fine game with some great ideas, sure theres some bad points ie the minotor doesnt look all that good, and the veiw on the zoom on a weapon could of been better but other than that its pretty good and for its price its a bargin!, The first mission is full of destruction and theres lots going on around you, Cars falling out of the sky, Buildings colapsing etc this is a pretty good game for a basic FPS well worth a look after youve done at the 5 star titles, Dont go off Turning Point because this is in a different league than that sh*t, As the old saying goes "Dont knock it till you tried it"

Well, that's the first level. It's meant to hook you in, but I read that after the first level it;s generic backdrops and werewolves galore.

Nato King
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I must say the achievements are not bad at all.

Click here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/product_profile/1623.html#achievements)

Ainokeatoo
12-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I must say the achievements are not bad at all.

Click here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/product_profile/1623.html#achievements)

The Lead Designer apologizes for writing the terrible pun "DouBull TrouBull" - have some points

Dunno, that one just kinda throws it into the "To lazy to make achievements hard" bin, but then it gets countered by the presumably difficult one at the very bottom of the list. Hopefully I'm wrong.

rezzurekted
12-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Well, that's the first level. It's meant to hook you in, but I read that after the first level it;s generic backdrops and werewolves galore.

i didnt just play the first level my friend i did play a few and it wasnt that bad ive played worse

rezzurekted
12-10-2008, 06:08 AM

There was a couple of bits in the first couple of missions like but like ive said it aint the worst game ive played,Worth the cheap price my cousin payed for it anyways and yeah it does have that Doom 2000ish feel to it but it is just a generic shooter:sleeping:

BananaMan
12-11-2008, 12:41 AM
FPS's were meant for consoles? what do you base that off of?

rezzurekted
12-11-2008, 04:20 AM

And your base'n this information off what? wasnt the first FPS on the pc? making FPS's made for the pc (solider of fortune)? i will say that i does take more skill to be great at a FPS on a console because your restricted with a pad and you aren't with a mouse and keyboard, So your arguement is pointless and it makes you wrong! sorry bout that man do some research first!
:sleeping:

Ainokeatoo
12-11-2008, 05:05 AM

Well the basic thing about every PC FPS, is the fact that it's easier to hack with aim hacks etc. That kills the whole experience of the game, and it's plain annoying.

The mouse is annoying to use on a PC FPS trying to control a mouse and use your other complete hand for movement, no good for a person new to PC FPS versus console fps everything is basic and easy to learn without getting owned fifty matches until you finally really learn the controls.

And FPS's always were better and more fun to play, in my opinion, on the console.

rezzurekted
12-11-2008, 05:14 AM
And FPS's always were better and more fun to play, in my opinion, on the console.

I wasn't say it was crap hence why im a console gamer and play nothing but FPS's most of the time anyways, But they weren't made for consoles only! with the first a coming out on the pc, If they was only made for consoles we would have have them on the master system or the Mega drive etc.....But like i said its better to be great at a console FPS than the pc as the pc has more freedom to move and as for your view on the mouse and keyboard i dissagree slightly it doesnt take that long to learn lol, Just depends on the persons memory and reactions

BananaMan
12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
rezzurekted, do you not understand basic English? my argument was that FPS are not based for consoles. They are much more fluid on PC's. Although, the environment for gaming is so much better on consoles. As someone mentioned, hacking is almost out of the picture on consoles, and I'll agree, I've had much better times on consoles.

So therefore, your original reply was pointless, and calling someone wrong over opinion is just stupid, man.

OBL infad3ll
12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
my buddy got this for me as an early christmas present. I dont know if he was being cheap, or getting revenge on me for buying him hour of victory, but when i get around to playing ill contribute my thoughts about it.

OBL infad3ll
12-15-2008, 10:17 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF MARY!! this game SUCKS!!!!! to start things off the story for this crapshooter is probably the worst i have ever seen. the controls suck, the graphics are dated, the gameplay is slow and boring most of the time. way back when this game looked promising, but now that i play it i think the 30 dollar price tag is a little high.this quite possibly is in the list of worst games i have ever played.

oh but most of the achievements are easy.

rezzurekted
12-17-2008, 04:27 AM
rezzurekted, do you not understand basic English? my argument was that FPS are not based for consoles. They are much more fluid on PC's. Although, the environment for gaming is so much better on consoles. As someone mentioned, hacking is almost out of the picture on consoles, and I'll agree, I've had much better times on consoles.

So therefore, your original reply was pointless, and calling someone wrong over opinion is just stupid, man.

your laughable man hacking is impossible? i think not its just as easy to hack a console as it is to hack a pc! you clearly know nothing about computer gaming! Dont tell me i dont understand basic English when you dont even speak it yourself! (pidgeon English! but then again you probly dont even know what that is) just dont even bother replying because im above you sonshine! your reply was pathetic save your time for arguing with people like yourself! :sleeping:

rezzurekted
12-17-2008, 04:32 AM
HOLY MOTHER OF MARY!! this game SUCKS!!!!! to start things off the story for this crapshooter is probably the worst i have ever seen. the controls suck, the graphics are dated, the gameplay is slow and boring most of the time. way back when this game looked promising, but now that i play it i think the 30 dollar price tag is a little high.this quite possibly is in the list of worst games i have ever played.

oh but most of the achievements are easy.

Clearly you a 5 star fan boy and dont give the little games a chance, Yeah this game isnt the greatest BUT it has better graphic than most games out there fair enough thats your opinion but i dissagree with you it uses the engine quite well far from dated! what are you complaining about the price tag for it was a present wasnt it so why are you bothered? lol this is a generic shooter that is basicly ment to be played once you have completed all you 5 star titles and to be compaired to the likes of CoD 4 and WaW and Bioshock, JESUS

rezzurekted
12-17-2008, 04:34 AM
LOL and i just noticed you have LEFT FOR DEAD in your collection so you cant rip into this game much if you like that pile of sh*te as that is in my opinion one of the worst games of the year! that game really does have Crap graphics!

CrazyCougar
12-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Rezz, its great that you like the game and all but I think the general gaming community is right about Legendary. Its terrible. Too each his own and too each his own his right to an opinion. So enjoy the game, but dont try to stick up for something that is truly not accepted by pretty much most of the gaming community.

There is no official review on XBA nor will there be one for obvious reasons. But mostly it just makes no sense to rip a game this bad publicly. The game doesnt deserve any press because frankly it doesn't warrant a purchase for most gamers. Graphics are bad, story is ok at best, and the gameplay is copletely generic and a rip off of old FPS titles from the 90's. There is nothing genuine about this game at all.

On a side note, please stop ripping into people that think this game is a pile of crap. I have to agree totally with them, and its their right to think so.

rezzurekted
12-17-2008, 08:43 AM
lol right what ever man. like you said each to thier own and sh*t,
but your wrong on one thing man there could be a review on XBA and you cant say there will never be just coz its a bad game doesnt mean there wont be one!

But anyways ive had enough of this sh*t and basicaly im well above it lol (bigs self up lol)

but seriously it would be different if i was riping into a game everyone else like wouldnt it?
but like i said enough is enough and its time to move on

CrazyCougar
12-18-2008, 09:29 AM
The only reviews that will make the site are member reviews which you are encouraged and welcome to do. When I referred to no official review, I referred to the fact that there will be no official STAFF review of this game. So trust me when I say there will not be an official XBA review, I am 110% sure about that. We, as in XBA Staff, will not waste our time on this game, nor give a publisher/developer that kind of bad press when its already common knowledge how bad the game really is.

Variation-XBA
12-18-2008, 10:02 PM
TI referred to the fact that there will be no official STAFF review of this game. So trust me when I say there will not be an official XBA review, I am 110% sure about that. We, as in XBA Staff, will not waste our time on this game, nor give a publisher/developer that kind of bad press when its already common knowledge how bad the game really is.

Send one my way cougar and I'll write it up ;)

OBL infad3ll
01-05-2009, 11:22 PM
LOL and i just noticed you have LEFT FOR DEAD in your collection so you cant rip into this game much if you like that pile of sh*te as that is in my opinion one of the worst games of the year! that game really does have Crap graphics!

lol......all i can do is just laugh at that