PDA

View Full Version : Go to Circuit City right now to get the 120gb HDD for 80 bucks

Reclaimer
12-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Based on this article I read: Click Me (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/18/rumor-circuit-city-selling-360-120gb-hdd-for-80/)

I thought it was too good to be true. After all it's a sort of confirmed rumor.
Well, I went this morning and took advantage of the holiday shopping store hours.
On the sales rack it's still 190 bucks. There are no sale signs. The employees won't believe you because I asked and they thought I was nuts. I asked them to price check the hard drive and it rang up 79 dollars. Eighty-six with tax.

That's like 2000 dollars for you Canadians (plus or minus some sticks and rocks).
But still.. the 60 gig starter kit is 90 bucks.
I bought it. (the 120'er)

It's not advertised. It's not mentioned anywhere but that article and once you finally have the hard drive price scanned. Nobody will believe you and the sucky thing is that nobody knows why or how long this will go on.

Now with NXE and the ability to install games, theres no excuse.
Go get one.

Variation-XBA
12-19-2008, 12:20 PM
That's crazy, I'd pick up some more and sell them to be honest if I had a CC near here. Or at least offer to sell some XBAers that still have 20GBs.

Reclaimer
12-19-2008, 06:53 PM
That's crazy, I'd pick up some more and sell them to be honest if I had a CC near here. Or at least offer to sell some XBAers that still have 20GBs.

I was morally opposed to buying the 120 gig drive at standard price because its so much more expensive than a typical notebook drive that it really turns out to be.
However, this is ok being so much cheaper and being cheaper than the 60 gig.

For those not in the know, the 120 gig drive comes with a transfer CD that you run and also includes a USB to HDD cable.

You run the program, it blanks your old drive as it reformats, repartitions and moves data to the new drive.
It took one hour and 30 minutes to move 16 gigs to the new drive.

The bad news is that the transfer CD installs all kinds of bull **** on the new drive that I ended up deleting. Don't need demos for Lego Star Wars and COD2. Plus all sorts of XBLA demos I don't care for.
Basically add another 10 minutes to delete the stuff that gets added on.

It takes about 6-10 minutes to install a game. I installed Saint's Row 2 and Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 takes up about 5 gigs of space and SR2 almost caps 6 gigs.

I did have to reinstall NXE on first reboot but that was no big deal, a few minutes goes by and everything is normal as it was before I upgraded.

I had an error message at the end of the transfer saying that some files were corrupted and could not be transferred. I don't know what files those where because after looking through the memory files on the new drive everything was there as before.
However I do know that after updating to NXE on the old drive the first time a few old demos and songs I deleted before reappeared.
But they didn't show back up on the 120 gig drive.

So.. all is fine.

Ainokeatoo
12-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Lol Rec and var, why do you tempt me with new purchases? Imma be broke till next february now.

Reclaimer
12-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Lol Rec and var, why do you tempt me with new purchases? Imma be broke till next february now.

Ah, it's just money. Buy it, you'll be happy you did.

mattgame
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
How are you Rec? Good find.

LeThAl REMiX
12-19-2008, 09:32 PM
If I had money and a Circuit City around me I would as I'm looking for a 120 gig now. stupid town...

mattgame
12-20-2008, 05:19 PM
If I had money and a Circuit City around me I would as I'm looking for a 120 gig now. stupid town...

Blow it up.

Reclaimer
12-20-2008, 08:14 PM
How are you Rec? Good find.

Thanks.
I'm fine, bro. How are you?
Been busy.. got a raise at work, now my bottom line take home pay is 75K. Not bad for federal government work.
Can bench press 300 pounds now, been working out hard to do that.

Finished rebuilding that Subaru I bought. It's an awesome car. Legacy GT for the win! Now I can finish putting "go faster" parts on it instead of rebuilding and fixing driveability problems. 500 bucks for a car with a bad motor and a perfect exterior and interior.. 1000 bucks for engine and transmission bits..
Whip ass car.
I will get into SCCA Rally races with it eventually.

As for Xbox? I hardly have time but when I do it's usually Saint's Row 2 or Rock Band 2. I'm so addicted to them. Love L4D and GOW2 but I'm really liking SR2 and RB2.

Good to hear from you again Matt.
One day, I'll reinstate my Myspace. I killed it because it was getting to be a hassle.