PDA

View Full Version : So about Saints Row 2 online

Ainokeatoo
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah, just finished the game and decided to hit up the online, anyone else feel a little let down by it?

There used to be a fun mode, protect the pimp, and such, the rest were boring and could be taken out but they took out the game mode, protect the pimp. Which was by far the most fun i've ever had on xbox live on the original saints row. Now all I have left is Gangster and Team gangster brawl and this new thing called strong arm. Along with all the old features taken out of the game.

Anyone who used to be a fan of saints row, were you let down by the online? I mean, now you have to unlock clothes. And the worst part is, the online is really laggy, laggier than the old one used to be, which wasn't to bad, and no I know it's not my connection, as I can play Gta IV just fine. But everyone's disappearing left and right, bullets don't do what they're supposed to, head shots don't do what they used to do, now I have to sit there try to aim at a sprinting noobs head then try to follow him with the cursor still aimed at the same spot for the next three four seconds or so.

Basically, it's nothing like the old Saints Row where I could shoot off a couple head shots kill the guy and keep moving, I have to chase him, while trying to shoot his head then get shot in the back by someone else. The SMG's used to be good, but now suck, the Assault rifle gives no one any chance unless another person with the AK-47 shoots him or that guy runs out of bullets, or is shot in the back by a mini-gun. Shotgun and AK are both overpowered by a lot compared to the starting weapons. The SMG's are, incredibly so, underpowered unless you're right up on the guy. No use for pistols when you're getting hit with fifty bullets faster than you can shoot twelve accurately.

So, anyone else let down?

mattgame
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
No I don't.

Shawn-XBA
01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I haven't played SR2 online yet, I play co-op a lot which I love. If it had a free mode like GTA I would defiantly be playing it all the time online.

Ainokeatoo
01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I haven't played SR2 online yet, I play co-op a lot which I love. If it had a free mode like GTA I would defiantly be playing it all the time online.

That would be fun, if they had included something like that. But the biggest thing they could have done, instead of having to make a custom match to keep everyone together, maybe made it so you stayed in a room after the game, like the CoD 4 and WaW online does.

I just wish the online was slightly better seeing as it stands that the matches take way to long to find on most occasions.

No I don't.

Ah oh well, I guess I played to much of the original Saints Row and Grand theft auto IV and had to high of standards for the game.

Variation-XBA
01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Are people still playing this online? I still need to finish the single player first though :/

Ainokeatoo
01-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Are people still playing this online? I still need to finish the single player first though :/

Actually, surprisingly, there are, a lot to. But the matches take forever to find anyone for. I enjoyed finishing the single player, only because I wanted to figure out what happened after SR1.

t0meh
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I've got it but yet to check out the online part of it.

They've taken away 'Protect The Pimp' ? :( though it was quite annoying in gang matches when the opposing gang disconnected their xbox live then re-connected straight away, to freeze the game and therefore kill the pimp whilst he was standing still...

Ainokeatoo
01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I've got it but yet to check out the online part of it.

They've taken away 'Protect The Pimp' ? :( though it was quite annoying in gang matches when the opposing gang disconnected their xbox live then re-connected straight away, to freeze the game and therefore kill the pimp whilst he was standing still...

That would be annoying, but I mean, I used to play with a lil group of friends and it'd used to be a blast, before Rainbow Six Vegas came out I think, I can't remember or maybe after. Lol but it was a fun game before.