PDA

View Full Version : Monitor help, the sequel.

Ainokeatoo
01-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Alrighty folks, I finally got a DVI-D Male to VGA Female adapter, everything fits all works fine, plugged it in, threw on the computer and... No signal, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? I rebooted the computer three times, all to no avail. I even googled this phenomenon and nothing. Help please?

mattgame
01-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Which one of you ladies removed my thread?

Ainokeatoo
01-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Which one of you ladies removed my thread?

*flail* It wasn't me, can you halp?

Variation-XBA
01-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Does your monitor automatically search for a signal from dvi and vga or do you manually have to set it?

Normally it works automatically, so I'm not sure off the top of my head what you could be doing wrong..

Ainokeatoo
01-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Does your monitor automatically search for a signal from dvi and vga or do you manually have to set it?

Normally it works automatically, so I'm not sure off the top of my head what you could be doing wrong..

I don't know actually, I fumbled through the settings on the monitor nothing on detecting dvi or analog connections so I assume that it does it automatically.

J Dub
01-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Your monitor might not support the conversion of DVI-D to VGA?

Or it could just be a bad cable. Or bad converter. Have you tried the cable on another monitor?

mattgame
01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
*flail* It wasn't me, can you halp?

Whoever did it is a disrespectful sissy. Can't man up enough to discuss this with me via computer. God forbid you had to see me face to face..............