PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 5 demo

rezzurekted
01-19-2009, 04:34 AM
The long awaited Resident Evil 5 demo is coming online either this tuesday or next but im pretty sure its this tuesday (or so im to believe anyways) i cant F*CKING wait to play this game ive waited so long and the beta i got wouldnt work :mad:

:sleeping:

Ainokeatoo
01-19-2009, 08:44 AM
The long awaited Resident Evil 5 demo is coming online either this tuesday or next but im pretty sure its this tuesday (or so im to believe anyways) i cant F*CKING wait to play this game ive waited so long and the beta i got wouldnt work :mad:

Lmao, that sucks, anywho, this should be pretty good, though I only played one RE and that was a while ago, I think it was on the Dreamcast, the last time I played an RE. Oh well, we'll see how much I like this one.

Shawn-XBA
01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
The long awaited Resident Evil 5 demo is coming online either this tuesday or next but im pretty sure its this tuesday (or so im to believe anyways)
The demo comes out on Monday, January 26th.

I also can't wait for the demo to be released, its looks like it is going to be a great game. Really looking forward to the co-op.

Ainokeatoo
01-19-2009, 01:23 PM
The demo comes out on Monday, January 26th.

I also can't wait for the demo to be released, its looks like it is going to be a great game. Really looking forward to the co-op.

I wonder, is it the same kind of game fable was, in terms of online. Only co-op or will there be more to the online?

mattgame
01-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow, that's great! Hopefully, news of this magnitude will generate some activity!

Variation-XBA
01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I need a co-op demo buddy, Aino? Anyone?

rezzurekted
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I need a co-op demo buddy, Aino? Anyone?

Aye go on then lad i'll co-op it up with you

mattgame
01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
The activity is picking up already. Yes!!

Unreal
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
This will probably be my next purchase. I will make that call after I get hands on with the co-op A.I. buddy.

UrNowRIPPED
01-20-2009, 02:56 AM
It Does Come On On Monday 26th Whoever Said It.
Storyline DOES Carry On From Resident Evil Series :D:D

Can't Wait To Complete It. MERCENARIES Minigame Is BACK. :)

Shall Be Fun :)
Can't Wait.

Shawn-XBA
01-20-2009, 03:06 AM
I wonder, is it the same kind of game fable was, in terms of online. Only co-op or will there be more to the online?
I read that there were 3 different game types, single player (which the second player will be A.I. controlled), and 2 co-op types (one which allows you to play with a friend, the other allows you to go into matchmaking to find someone to play with).

Haven't heard anything about any type of multiplayer, but I don't think a Resident Evil game has ever had multiplayer (I could be wrong though).

mattgame
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I read that there were 3 different game types, single player (which the second player will be A.I. controlled), and 2 co-op types (one which allows you to play with a friend, the other allows you to go into matchmaking to find someone to play with).

Haven't heard anything about any type of multiplayer, but I don't think a Resident Evil game has ever had multiplayer (I could be wrong though).

It hasn't ever. I know I'm a huge RE fan.

Ainokeatoo
01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
It hasn't ever. I know I'm a huge RE fan.

Was RE a nintendo thing or was it sony? I kinda get confused trying to remember lol.

Unreal
01-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Was RE a nintendo thing or was it sony? I kinda get confused trying to remember lol.
It was a Sony thing. On the Gamecube, Capcom released all the RE's including the fantastic RE4 (IMO it was Capcom supporting the underdog. Kind of like how they supported the Dreamcast :( When no one else would). RE5 is on the 360 which is a first for MS.

Variation-XBA
01-21-2009, 12:26 AM

Sony (and Sega DC/Saturn):

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5809/residentevil1vm4.jpg

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/resievi22.gif

http://espanol.geocities.com/raccooncity1998/portadas/Resident_Evil_3_Nemesis_custom-front.jpg

Ainokeatoo
01-21-2009, 01:05 AM
I see, thanks for the info guys, i think it'd be a good step for them to take making the first RE game have some kind of online multiplayer, death match, stay alive (zombies or whatever come attacking from all sides, no place = mayhem) something like that. It'd be the first for the series.

Variation-XBA
01-21-2009, 01:42 AM
I see, thanks for the info guys, i think it'd be a good step for them to take making the first RE game have some kind of online multiplayer, death match, stay alive (zombies or whatever come attacking from all sides, no place = mayhem) something like that. It'd be the first for the series.

RE has had online modes before. too bad it was on the ps2, where no one ever had the adapter.

http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/5637.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/siteofthelivingzombie/residenteviloutbreak2vg.jpg

StudioAlex
01-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Is it true the american version will have different controls?

mrmp3
01-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Very impressed with the demo. None of the co-op elements came off too gimmicky. The first level is really tough. The end fight on the second level is supremely awesome too. My friend got chainsawed in the alley, it was amazing. Despite how small the download is, these graphics are really impressive. One thing I noticed is the blood splatter stays on your characters model for about 5 seconds, wish it would stay until you healed. Can't strafe and aim , you can't fire without aiming, and you can't take cover. IMO it adds difficulty that I think RE4 was lacking. In the old school RE games, part of what made it so intense was the shoddy controls with shooting. Not being able to move while aiming kind of brings this difficulty back especially when there are SOOOO many guys.

The AI wasn't terrible, but my success rate was much higher with my friend online. The only lag I noticed was with how quick his laser sight appeared on my screen. Sometimes I could see he was aiming but the sight wouldn't appear for a couple seconds. Still, no lag in the animation and no lag in bullet detection. I mean, its only two player co-op, but still, its good to have such a smooth experience.

One thing that really helps is the melee moves (not the knife). If you score a headshot, it staggers the enemy. You can then run up and hit X and do a melee manuever which generally kills the enemy, smashes their head in a million pieces, or very rarely they live. If you score two headshots, generally the head explodes. The gore is awesome, the level of intensity is awesome (still not sure which is more intense, being swarmed in RE5 or L4D). This demo turned this game into a must purchase for me.

If you don't plan on playing this co-op though....not sure if you should bother.

CrazyCougar
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I just dont understand why you cant shoot from the hip. That was extremely frustrating to me and will probably cause me not to get the game. The graphics were great and all, but somethign just didnt feel right and I really think it was the fact that you had to aim to shoot your weapon. Even with a shotgun or handgun at close range.

Variation-XBA
01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I just dont understand why you cant shoot from the hip. That was extremely frustrating to me and will probably cause me not to get the game. The graphics were great and all, but somethign just didnt feel right and I really think it was the fact that you had to aim to shoot your weapon. Even with a shotgun or handgun at close range.

You didn't play RE4 did you? It's the same control scheme

CrazyCougar
01-27-2009, 01:16 AM
No, was never a gamecube fan. Hated that kiddie comtroller.

Anyhow, I am sure lots of folks will like it and the game will do well, btu the control scheme is terrible for me personally and I'll avoid the purchase of this game like the plague.

Dr_J
01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I was not impressed with this demo, at all.

I was looking forward to it.

I'll hold out for Halo Wars.

mattgame
01-27-2009, 07:40 PM
RE has had online modes before. too bad it was on the ps2, where no one ever had the adapter.

http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/5637.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/siteofthelivingzombie/residenteviloutbreak2vg.jpg

Outbreak don't count. :mad:

OBL infad3ll
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
ya i really hope the rumors are true and that they include a gears'esqe control scheme. Or maybe a dead space control scheme, dead space had a perfect 3rd person horror control layout. not being able to move while aiming just feels unnatural, or at least to me it does. other than that the game is awsome and if you could you run n gun then it would be perfect.

mattgame
01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
ya i really hope the rumors are true and that they include a gears'esqe control scheme. Or maybe a dead space control scheme, dead space had a perfect 3rd person horror control layout. not being able to move while aiming just feels unnatural, or at least to me it does. other than that the game is awsome and if you could you run n gun then it would be perfect.

None of you have ever played a RE game? There are fans out there, true fans of the series, who would beg to differ about the control scheme. I am one of them. I love it, the game will be one of the top games of the year, and it is a must have for true gamers.

StudioAlex
01-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Having any sort of blind fire in RE wouldn't make a lot of sense because ammo is extremely limited. Sure they could put it in there, but no one who wants to see the end of the game would use it. Not that there aren't things about the controls that annoy me, but I understand why you have to aim to shoot.

Alex5101
01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Not being able to shoot and move is essential to the game. It makes you feel a lot more claustrophobic and calculated with your shots. None of that random blind firing, you have to be precise, and accurate. I love it, makes the game a lot more intense.

Oh, and those Outbreak games were terrible, absolutely terrible, I won one along with a bunch of Capcom games from IGN and it just sucked. As mattgame said, they don't count at all. But I'm really liking RE5, feels a lot like RE4 which was AMAZING.

Ninjermy
01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
downlooooaaaadddddddddddinnggg

OBL infad3ll
01-29-2009, 07:08 PM
None of you have ever played a RE game? There are fans out there, true fans of the series, who would beg to differ about the control scheme. I am one of them. I love it, the game will be one of the top games of the year, and it is a must have for true gamers.

im starting to get used to the aiming now, and now i do agree it adds to the experience. it adds a lot of tension, stress, and makes you feel a lot more vulnerable to attack. i now think this is the way to play.

Unreal
02-01-2009, 05:51 AM
None of you have ever played a RE game?
I still have RE4 for the Gamecube. The problem I am having is going from Left 4 Dead to playing RE5. I am getting used to control scheme D but it's hard. I hope I can get out of the L4D mentality because I will end up skipping this game because of it if I can not.

GothamXxX
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I have heard from alot of people i have talked to that Resident Evil 5 is really fun. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. It also has co-op for the demo, and they brought back the old character

NiNeBReaKeR
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Being a huge RE fan myself and a friend (The Flash RIP) have set out to make it to the top of the leaderboards when RE 5 comes out. Cant wait i beat the demo over 50 times already.

SkilledJR
02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I have heard from alot of people i have talked to that Resident Evil 5 is really fun. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. It also has co-op for the demo, and they brought back the old character

It looks great and plays simular to #4, but the co-op makes the game way more challenging. My wife and I played both levels seperate and in co-op and the co-op makes the levels way harder. (My Opinion)

monk3r
02-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Is it me or are the contrast levels in this game insance! Overall i like the demo, never really been in to the Res series but as a newbie it impressed. Other than always running out of bullets but i guess it wouldnt be a survivial horror otherwise!

mattgame
02-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Is it me or are the contrast levels in this game insance! Overall i like the demo, never really been in to the Res series but as a newbie it impressed. Other than always running out of bullets but i guess it wouldnt be a survivial horror otherwise!

That's the beauty of the game. You have to make your shots count so there's that added pressure to deal with. I implore all of you to play the old RE games, especially Nemesis for me. I was literally terrified when you heard the unmistakeable sound of Nemesis coming to pay you a visit. My first response was to run! And that's what I did, RUN!!

sojourner
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm just glad they kept the RE flavour with regards to the controls. Makes sense with such a big RE community. I for one am looking forward to this game...ah the memories! :)