PDA

View Full Version : The day has come

SmartarseV2
01-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Well...after nearly 3 weeks, 4 phone calls, and 2 repair requests, the coffin for my xbox showed up today. She lost her ability to read two days after the warranty expired (go figure). Now she's off to Ontario to get hooked on Phonics.

Farewell my love, may we meet again...in this life or the next.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/HeavyB/IMG_1560.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/HeavyB/IMG_1561.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/HeavyB/IMG_1565.jpg

Ainokeatoo
01-23-2009, 04:29 AM
Aw, an elite to, that sucks, :) but you'll get it back soon, I know for a fact they don't, at least not with me, take your console and give you a fixed one that is different. Because I had taken off the stickers from the xbox, the one that you can buy to make the console look erm, different, and Microsoft was nice enough to clean off the goo left from the adhesive couldn't get it all off, because I can see dirt parts around the vent holes. But that was nice of them to do, I even got a free month card from it, and my other console had the stickers still on and they sent back the console fixed. :)

Enamelized420
01-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Damn that does suck, but as mentioned you should have it back in a timely fashion. I just had to go through this myself and got mine back a couple of weeks ago. With mine though I ended up being shipped out a diff console, BLAH!!!

Hope that you get a quick turn around..

WillyV2
01-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Man buddy, that sucks. I hope the Elite I got that day in the city doesn't go tits up on me.

I didn't even know yours died, I was wondering why you haven't been on live.

Kasumi'sHairbow
01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Well good luck. I sent the one I won from Mountain Dew of the Summer before Last and it only took 3 weeks to send me a new one.

StudioAlex
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
This is quickly becoming akin to the death of one's parents: a calamity we are all destined to face. Though, obviously as bad. :p

SmartarseV2
01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm hoping everything goes smoothly, it's gonna be a rough stint without her that's for sure. With another 4 months of winter on the way she can't come back to me soon enough. I'm told i'll get a month of live back with it though which is kinda nice. And I copied down the serial number just to see if I get it back.

hey Willy, you should over-night me your other box :hump: i'll find a way to keep the tray closed ;)

LINKINPARK8591
01-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm hoping everything goes smoothly, it's gonna be a rough stint without her that's for sure. With another 4 months of winter on the way she can't come back to me soon enough. I'm told i'll get a month of live back with it though which is kinda nice. And I copied down the serial number just to see if I get it back.

hey Willy, you should over-night me your other box :hump: i'll find a way to keep the tray closed ;)

Here's hoping you a speedy return of your beloved console. So far haven't had issues with mine but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Good Luck.

SmartarseV2
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Sooo, today I got "my" xbox back after a very long wait (since the new year). What I don't quite understand is microsoft had my console for about 3 weeks...I followed the online repair timeline showing the current status of my box. Last week it said "Repair Completed" so I thought "great, i'll have her back soon".

Today I open the package and see a notice on top basically saying this "We have replaced your XBOX 360 console with a Certified Micosoft Replacement xbox 360 console." Sooo why keep me waiting for all this time if they're just gonna send me some other xbox?

I decided not to worry about it too much...I've got a perfectly working 360 back in my hands right? Not quite.

It worked for the first hour, then started giving me "Disc read error" with all of my games. Multiple reboots and re-insertions and all I get now is an "Open tray" message.

I'm kinda pissed and im not sure what to do. My tax return may be putting a PS3 on my tv stand.

Any thoughts?

Ainokeatoo
02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Sooo, today I got "my" xbox back after a very long wait (since the new year). What I don't quite understand is microsoft had my console for about 3 weeks...I followed the online repair timeline showing the current status of my box. Last week it said "Repair Completed" so I thought "great, i'll have her back soon".

Today I open the package and see a notice on top basically saying this "We have replaced your XBOX 360 console with a Certified Micosoft Replacement xbox 360 console." Sooo why keep me waiting for all this time if they're just gonna send me some other xbox?

I decided not to worry about it too much...I've got a perfectly working 360 back in my hands right? Not quite.

It worked for the first hour, then started giving me "Disc read error" with all of my games. Multiple reboots and re-insertions and all I get now is an "Open tray" message.

I'm kinda pissed and im not sure what to do. My tax return may be putting a PS3 on my tv stand.

Any thoughts?

That's extremely odd, as when I had to send both my xbox's in for RRoD once I had no trouble since. I mean, granted it took around a month to get back.

Enamelized420
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
I had to send mine off just before Xmas and got mine back sometime in Jan and it was a replacement console as well but not had an issue with it what so ever. Sucks that they seem to have sent you a Lemon replacement.

Ainokeatoo
02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I had to send mine off just before Xmas and got mine back sometime in Jan and it was a replacement console as well but not had an issue with it what so ever. Sucks that they seem to have sent you a Lemon replacement.

So they actually do send replacements?

I mean, when I sent both of mine in, they fixed and sent both of them back.

SmartarseV2
02-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Is it worth sending emails and basically complaining? Probably not eh? But I don't just wanna "give in" and send it right back. I feel like sticking it to the man somehow, but I think my ways to do so are extremely limited. I'm just mad I guess.

What would you guys do?

FrankForce77
02-27-2009, 06:46 AM
I too was nervous about buying an XBOX 360 because of stuff like this but to be honest, for the XBOX 360 only games, XBOX live and future games.....you can't go wrond with keeping the box man. I would call them and complain about it but all they will do it send you another coffin and in 2-3 weeks you will get back another box. The PS3 is a good system but imo has a limited game library and is still expensive. I mean the average 360 used game is $20-30 but PS3 games used still range in the $30-40. Hope it helps :)

SmartarseV2
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh im not giving up the box, I just felt ripped off and pissed I guess. I'll call them again and request another fix. Atleast I got a years warranty with the repair. Nothing else I can do :S

Symmetric-XBA
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I just felt ripped off and pissed I guess.

welcome to the world of microsoft, join the club, we've got jackets. i bought a 120gb zune for my fiance, she opened it up, used it twice, and then the touch pad died on her. she literally took the zune, did some research and fixed it herself b/c ms said that we'd have to ship it to them and it would take about a month to fix and get back out to us. then my 5th xbox broke, so instead of paying $100 i went out and got the new falcon chipset, then saved the cash down the line and sent it in for repair, ms sent me back a replacement, then 3 days latter my falcon died on me, thankfully i had a backup, untill 4 days after that. So I call xbox and have them ship me out not 1 but 2 coffins. yeah ms products have not been known for reliability, hence the lawsuits, but ya know what, even after all that i still love the gaming experiences i get on the 360. lol Dam you ms! lol

mattgame
02-28-2009, 10:55 PM
According to Yahoo the red ring of death has been resolved.