PDA

View Full Version : End of Days Contest Part 2: Rise of the Argonauts

SpaceGhost2K
01-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Rules are simple. I'm giving away ONE Rise of the Argonauts faceplate, thanks to the kind people at Codemasters, who published the title. You must be a member in good standing, meaning you can't be sitting... or you must be a registered member of XboxAddict.com and not be "banned" anytime from the beginning of the contest until a winner is selected. ("Banned" members currently posting under a new forum name will also not be eligible.) One winner will be drawn at random from all CORRECT entries submitted. XBA staff, admins and mods will not be allowed to enter.

Entries will work like this. Below, you will find some questions. Go to http://www.rise-of-the-argonauts.com for the answers. I set up an email just to use for contests here in the faceplate forums. The email is faceplateaddict@aol.com.

Email your answers along with:

Your forum name
Your real name

Once the contest is over and the winner is notified, all entries (and personal info) will be deleted. The info will NOT be used for any purpose other than to mail the prize to the winning entrant. I will contact the winner for mailing info. Only one entry per person, please.

I am not going to check entries for "correctness" until the contest is over and a winner is selected. If any of the answers are incorrect, another winner will be drawn.

I have TWO plates to give away, but I'm only giving ONE away in this contest. I will give the other away in a future contest.

The value of this faceplate is approximately $200 and it has only been seen on eBay a couple of times. This would be a killer addition to anyone's collection, so I encourage you to put out the effort to get the answers in. Entries will be accepted through the end of February (or February 28, 2009, 11:59 PM PDT.)

HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS:

1) Who was the king of Iolcus?

2) What is the name of his shield?

3) What is the name of his ship?

4) Who lives with a tribe of centaurs?

5) Pan is over how many years old?

6) What type of game is "Rise of the Argonauts?"

7) What is the name of the princess that the king wants to marry?

8) Achilles fights because he craves what?

9) On what three platforms is "Rise of the Argonauts" available?

10) Who developed "Rise of the Argonauts?"

SpaceGhost2K
01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
The entries are coming in, and I have let Codemasters know that the contest is live.

SpaceGhost2K
02-12-2009, 06:11 PM
As you can see from the hits on the thread, the interest in this contest has been very high. However, without naming names, I KNOW there are some of you regulars who haven't entered yet. Take a few minutes, look at the "Rise of the Argonauts" site, and give it a shot. :)

gameking28
03-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Damn, guess I missed this one! Oh well, good luck to those that did enter!

OBL infad3ll
03-05-2009, 12:55 AM
when is a winner announced

SpaceGhost2K
03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
I need to do it tonight.

SpaceGhost2K
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
We have a winner!

Floppy Brown was the winner of the "Rise of the Argonauts" faceplate. He's been notified by email, and as soon as I confirm his address, the plate will be on its way.

Congratulations, Floppy!

Floppy Brown
03-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Woohooo Thanks Ed!
Really happy to have won.

Thanks a lot to the faceplate forum for putting this contest up!:hail: