PDA

View Full Version : H.A.W.X. Demo released

Ainokeatoo
02-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Demo Available Today!

Click here to download it instantly to your Xbox LIVE® account! Be the first to dominate the skies in Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X demo, exclusively on Xbox LIVE®. Hone your skills and rule the leaderboards when H.A.W.X launches in March.

Just received the e-mail for anyone interested in the game go here.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-00005553882b

Shawn-XBA
02-12-2009, 01:47 AM
This demo is awesome, I played for about 2 hours today both single player and co-op. 4-player co-op is amazing, can't wait to play multiplayer when this game comes out next month.

Ainokeatoo
02-12-2009, 01:51 AM
This demo is awesome, I played for about 2 hours today both single player and co-op. 4-player co-op is amazing, can't wait to play multiplayer when this game comes out next month.

It is?! Aw damn, I just got the e-mail an hour ago, I'll hop on the box and get to downloading this. Haha thanks for the heads up.

mattgame
02-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks.:cheers:

CrazyCougar
02-12-2009, 12:54 PM
This game feels like a modern day Afterburner with sim aspects to it as well. I love the mix of simulation and arcade. This is a must have I think for any flight game enthusiast and maybe more so. Thumbs up on the Tom Clancy tie in as well. Gotta love Scott Mitchell of the Ghost recon team calling in for air support and the game begins.

Ainokeatoo
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
This game feels like a modern day Afterburner with sim aspects to it as well. I love the mix of simulation and arcade. This is a must have I think for any flight game enthusiast and maybe more so. Thumbs up on the Tom Clancy tie in as well. Gotta love Scott Mitchell of the Ghost recon team calling in for air support and the game begins.

I have to agree absolutely, to be completely honest, I hated flight simulator games since Falcon 4.0 for the PC a long time ago. But this game is just, so much better, there is even voice command, they've tied in Ghost Recon's Mitchell calling for air support, along with End War's Voice Command feature (Haven't really gotten this down but it looks promising).

My only complaint (somewhat) is that if you lag on this game online, good luck trying to get kills.

CrazyCougar
02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah for the most part Clancy games have been fairly solid online for me, so I expect it to be pretty smooth most of the time. This game is a must have for me. Now I have to shell our for MLB 2k9 AND HAWX in the same week. UG! LOL

SamSmith
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
How does it compare to AC6?

mattgame
02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Do you have to have an XBA to respond in this thread? DOH!!

Variation-XBA
02-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Is the flight stick from AC6 supported?

CrazyCougar
02-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Not sure if that one is, but there is a new one coming specifically for this game made by MadCatz. It looks much like the old Micrsoft Sidewinder Stick.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73778

Ainokeatoo
02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Not sure if that one is, but there is a new one coming specifically for this game made by MadCatz. It looks much like the old Micrsoft Sidewinder Stick.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73778

Ah, I dunno, it looks a little tacky.

Variation-XBA
02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't forsee people being happy if they are going to be forced to buy a new stick and not be able to use the AC6 one

Ainokeatoo
02-13-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't forsee people being happy if they are going to be forced to buy a new stick and not be able to use the AC6 one

Honestly, I don't see how a stick would be any good with this kind of game, the controller is perfectly fine with the controls, it just takes a little wits, and getting used to.

Variation-XBA
02-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I don't see how a stick would be any good with this kind of game, the controller is perfectly fine with the controls, it just takes a little wits, and getting used to.

It's to enhances the game, especially on a sim-level, like how wheel/pedals is vastly superior to using a controller for racing. But that's me

Unreal
02-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I am going to have to download this demo and check it out.

Ainokeatoo
02-14-2009, 11:53 PM
It's to enhances the game, especially on a sim-level, like how wheel/pedals is vastly superior to using a controller for racing. But that's me

LMAO I hated the wheel/pedals, It always messed me up =/ but that's just me. lol

Symmetric-XBA
02-16-2009, 03:48 AM

yes it will have full support for the AC6 flight sticks.

Variation-XBA
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
yes it will have full support for the AC6 flight sticks.

Then HAWX is a win!

mattgame
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Demo was great.

monk3r
02-18-2009, 02:35 AM
It's killing me knowing this demo is out. My home internet connection is out - may have to pop to a friends to download HAWX, really impressed with Tom Clancy games as of late.

Bertnell
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
How does it compare to AC6?

It does not compare to Ace6 at all. The planes dont look as realistic and the planes seem to be in one place as the world moves around them. In Ace6 the planes seem to move within the world. This is an sim vs arcade thing. Additoinally, the difficulty is a lot lower in HAWX. U get lots of help with glide slopes for bomb runs as well as dog fights. Plus you get a third person missle evasion view and flares. But dont get me wrong its a good game that blends the sim/arcade elemets well and ties it all into the Ghost Recon world. So I think lots of gamers who did not like Ace6 will love this game. Its a must buy for the flight sim beginners and Ghost Recon faithful.

Bertnell
02-18-2009, 02:33 PM

I dont know but they have one coming out for this game, check gamestops web page.

Bertnell
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
LMAO I hated the wheel/pedals, It always messed me up =/ but that's just me. lol

At this point if I cant play the game decently withthe controller im not paying additional money for periphials!!! Guess thats why im only marginally good at racing games online LOL!