PDA

View Full Version : The turning point.

SpaceGhost2K
02-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Since I started doing customs "accidentally" almost two years ago, I knew there would be a "turning point." I couldn't continue buying cans of spray paint, doing art files for stickers, sealing with polyurethane, having faceplates all over my DAMN HOUSE... (really, ask katamarikutie.)

Anyway, the corner is here, and while I haven't made the turn, I have, at least, STARTED making the turn.

This is a plate from my mind, photoshopically assembled by my friend Christoph in Germany, emailed to a gentlemen at an accessory printing company, and sent to China where it was printed onto a faceplate and returned to me, post haste:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/JuneForayfinishedplate.jpg

June Foray has done voices for cartoons for over sixty years, and I am mailing four of them to her in hopes that she will sign them for me. One is for her and one is for Christoph for doing the art, and one for myself. I do have a fourth but I don't know if Christoph has a plan for it. I didn't just make a bunch of them because I didn't think it was a subject matter of interest to most people here.

There is also one other plate that will be VERY high visibility. It has been discussed in other threads, but I'm going to downplay it for the time being because OXM is going to do a little piece on it. I have to wait for their issue to hit stands before I can show pics.

So woo hoo! Here's to turning corners :)

OBL infad3ll
02-17-2009, 11:34 PM
so does this mean the whole having images printed on a faceplate for us is a go....?

SpaceGhost2K
02-18-2009, 02:38 AM
so does this mean the whole having images printed on a faceplate for us is a go....?

Not yet, but soon.

OBL infad3ll
02-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Not yet, but soon.

hehe now im excited :hardcore:

gameking28
03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Me too - that came out really nice!